Qualifications Needed For Uk University

Rinrada

Question for in country Adjans..please

Although I have given help with info in the past to Thai friends with kids studying in the UK...Millfield to name one school...I have never dealt with actuals.

Wifes mate has 2 kids who want to study 'Fishing Management" (family own all the factorys) at a UK Uni but does anyone know what they need qualifications wise from Thailand to get them into a course?... :)

Wifes mate has 2 kids who want to study 'Fishing Management" (family own all the factorys) at a UK Uni but does anyone know what they need qualifications wise from Thailand to get them into a course?... :)

Why at a UK university. Seems perverse to send people to study Fishing Management at a university in a country where the whole fishing industry's collapsed.

You know how the Thais think ...they still recon a Degree from a "proper" UK University is the Bees Knee....som na na....etc...and they will be taking over the family Biz (worth $ Bs) in a couple of years so.....

anyway ref qualifications ...Ko Jai that over here its a combination of "O" levels ,Highers and A Levels but as requested whats the score from LOS .....ie is a Thai Degree acceptable for entrance to a UK House of Learning...or whats the alternatives... :)

Question for in country Adjans..please

Although I have given help with info in the past to Thai friends with kids studying in the UK...Millfield to name one school...I have never dealt with actuals.

Officially they should get a Statement of Comparability from NARIC which would tell them what their Thai education is equivalent to in the UK.

Not all UK universities will enforce this, the best option is contacting the admissions department directly.

From the UCAS Wikipedia site: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCAS)

"As nearly all British higher education institutions are members of UCAS, all those wishing to study for undergraduate degrees in the UK must apply through UCAS. This applies to all categories of applicants - UK residents, residents of the Channel Islands and Isle of Man, European Union citizens, and other international applicants."

"UCAS has a tariff system (more commonly known as UCAS points), which allows qualifications to be converted into points (e.g. an A at A Level is worth 120 points) and then added together to give a total that can be used as a requirement to get into a course (a course may require 260 points, for example). The UCAS Tariff now attempts to cover all UK qualifications and some foreign qualifications..........."

You can take IGCSEs and A-Level exams at the British Council if your school doesn't offer them. They basically stick all of your qualifications into a formula to see if you get admitted. The list is quite detailed. Check out the above website as a starter and follow the links as you desire.

• 2 weeks later...

UCAS is a must, and you must also do a personal statement, best do a google search for this there are many examples for pointers.

You had better contact the admissions departments for advice on qualifications needed, just had to do the same myself and I need 2 distinctions and 1 merit for my course, good luck and dont be put off.

:)