Which Is The World's Greatest City?

stevehaigh

http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/none/wor...est-city-166098

50 reason's why Bangkok is No. 1

There's room for everyone inside the tolerant Thai tent of Krung Thep. Its culturally-diverse, sexually-liberated and urinally-grabby populace is a mere human representation of the city's uncommon overall diversity. From the bedlam of its politics to the nobility of its monarch, from the bustle of its shopping districts to the distinctive calm of the Lung, Bangkok is a municipal spectrum as broad as its real name is long.

The truth be told, several months ago I connected Dan Rivers to a hot Thai hooker so now that the stiff has seen the light Dan's been on the horny and happy prowl since. :)

Now I'm working on Wolf Blitzer. :D

For everyone's sake, please work on Amanpout.

The truth be told, several months ago I connected Dan Rivers to a hot Thai hooker so now that the stiff has seen the light Dan's been on the horny and happy prowl since. :)

Ah, Christianne Amanpour. :D

Yeah, if anyone ever needed a roll in the hay....and a better hairstyle...however, my daddy taught me long ago to know what is possible and to know what is impossible :D .

Edited by Publicus

Yeah, if anyone ever needed a roll in the hay....and a better hairstyle...however, my daddy taught me long ago to know what is possible and to know what is impossible :D .

LOL I thought you you where going to quote the line from Good Morning Vietnam "In more need of a **** job than any other white man in history"

While such lists are subjective only in Bangkok is ashoulder massage in the stalls likely

I guess CNN have not included

Copengagen

Sydney

Cairo

Amsterdam

Wien

Mumbai

Paris nor Florence

Even here in Asia

My top would include

Beijung

Kyoto

Yogjjakrta

Istanbul

Agra

Kandy

Mecca and Sanaa

and top of the list decaying but lovely Penang

Edited by RubbaJohnny

LOL I thought you you where going to quote the line from Good Morning Vietnam "In more need of a **** job than any other white man in history"

That's it, Blitzer and Amanpour :D haha. That is if Wolf could rise to the occasion...still, I wouldn't want to hear of it :D

LOL

Edited by Publicus

That's it, Blitzer and Amanpour :) haha. That is if Wolf could rise to the occasion...still, I wouldn't want to hear of it :D

LOL

To quote Randy Newman;

" It's some sort of uglification program she's into."

Well I suspect much of her intentional lack of alure is because of the

beauty queen aspect of journalism being pretty low brow in general.

She IS a serious journalist and goes into danger zones and such...

where the NYC anchor type pretty girls don't dare.

Still she did nail assistant Secretary of State James Rubin, hardly dogfood in the husband stakes.

Not exactly low end pickings, and they are together 10 years+ now.

She was summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Journalism degree in 1983 at URI

and I figure with her brains and perseverance she gets who and what she wants

most of the time.

Christianne Amanpour is serious and respected, yes, so I'd think few would argue the matter.

She and Wolf Blitzer are rather droll, however, which seems to be a characteristic or trait Ted Turner the founder and chief of CNN likes. Turner used to do the hiring himself and despite Turner's absence of an international background, did personally interview and hire both Blitzer and Amanpour to do foreign news.

I wonder if either Blitzer or Amanpour has been to Bangkok. Each should come here if they haven't. I'd also like to see either get their teeth into Thaksin in an interview but then that would be a bit much to expect as he's small fry to the international community compared to people or places such as N Korea, Afghanistan, Iran etc.

Blitzer graduated from the Johns Hopkins University School of International and Strategic Studies, a well respected place but not as a journalist so he could do well to spend some of his money to acquire a personality. Amanpour has a modest academic background but a well versed international bent.

Neither could do a story or contiribute to one as lively and vibrant as the one CNN did about Bangkok (and other cities) that prompted this excellent thread.

http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/none/wor...est-city-166098

50 reason's why Bangkok is No. 1

There's room for everyone inside the tolerant Thai tent of Krung Thep. Its culturally-diverse, sexually-liberated and urinally-grabby populace is a mere human representation of the city's uncommon overall diversity. From the bedlam of its politics to the nobility of its monarch, from the bustle of its shopping districts to the distinctive calm of the Lung, Bangkok is a municipal spectrum as broad as its real name is long.

Yes, I would say it is. I am here right now with my Thai girlfriend. We just got back from the big tower. The tower is underrated, the view is awsome. The motor bike taxi drivers where drinking when I asked for a ride back, then they drove on the sidewalk for a few blocks just to beat traffic. That is what I like about BKK, anything goes.

How Bangkok can be ranked up there with Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo as the world's best city, let alone in Asia is beyond me.

Singapore is a FINE city... :)

Latest news there...someone got fined for sucking a sweet on the train.

How Bangkok can be ranked up there with Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo as the world's best city, let alone in Asia is beyond me.

Go to Japvisa then. BKK is crazy and that is why I like it and why allot of people like it. If you like politically correct strait and narrow living then BKK is surly not for you.

BKK? Yeah. Right up there with Grimsby. :D

Ontario? Come on, as much as I hate big cities, I'm happier living here than I would be in Grimsby! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimsby,_Ontario Sorry if there are any Grimsbians (sp?) on here! :)

OMG! There is another Grimsby? Please God it isn't a clone of the original. I noted this section from the Wiki

'as a result of the Greenbelt Plan [2] which has permanently frozen Grimsby's Urban Boundary'

From about now until May the whole of Grimsby on Humberside is frozen, or it just seems that way.

Bangkok is an exciting new city.

The word 'greatest' suggests a place of historical and cultural note - London, Paris, Rome, Vienna, Singapore, Milton Keynes.

Good article by the way. One place I must visit is the museam of modern medicine (or murder museam as it's known)

Yes, I'd say Bangkok is one of the great cities in the world. It appeals to me, anyway. And I think they got a lot of things right with the listing.

HA! I remember the first time I got the "shoulder massage at the urinal" treatment! Thought I'd maybe wandered into the katoey's loo by mistake! :)

Only in Thailand....