Confused About Entry Visa Rules

Cheers,

Qualify with Thai child, sole custody. Single entry is a pain.

Visited the Vientenne consular website, all the downloads seem to be jumbled up.

I guess they require.

Birth cert / copy birth cert

passport sized photos

Passport / copy passport

Completed application form

Divorce Court docs / copy

Divorce cert / copy

Anyone got an non-o from there recently. I hear their proccessing a load of tourist visas at the moment but have not had any reports re non-o's.

Cheers,

GFL.

You have a Non -O already. Are you married to a Thai ?

My understanding from a very close friend is once you get your non-o it is extended in-country provided you can supply the support details and documents. My friend hasnt been anywhere for 4 years.

…Qualify with Thai child, sole custody. Single entry is a pain…

You can get annual extensions of stay for the reason of living with your Thai child if you have 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank account or an embassy letter confirming an average monthly income of 40,000 Baht.

--

Maestro

You can extend your permission to stay on basis of Thai child, requirements being 40,000/month income OR 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to application. In the case of income from abroad you will need an income letter from your embassy. If income from within Thailand you will need to show tax receipts.

If money is a problem, if you can show some money (more than 20,000 baht, but more is better) in a Thai bank you could apply for multiple entry Non-O visa at KL on basis of Thai child. You would have to do a border run every 90 days. Do a border hop just before the visa expires and get another 90 days permission to stay (stretching visa to almost 15 months). If financial circumstances change you can switch to extension of stay based on Thai child at any point during the last 30 days of each 90 day permission to stay period.

On your current permission to stay you can (if not done already) apply for a 60 day extension from immigration, if necessary, by showing the birth certificate, copies of passport pages and TM6 card + passport photo. Fee 1900 baht. That would give you time if funds need to season.

Edited by thaiphoon

I'm already on a 60 day extension which ends thursday. Flying to KL tomorrow to apply for a new non-o.

Looking at the website have noted they seem to require a med cert. Seems a bit odd? Anyone been asked for this at KL embassy?

I guess it is a requirement aimed at retirees and emplyees. Will get one just in case.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Just thought I would follow up.

I took the 07.10 flight from Bangkok to KL. The flight landed at 10.30. I took a taxi straight to the Royal Thai embassy. I arrives at 11.30. Just in time. It closes for application at 11.30. I had the application already filled out. Along with copies of my son's birth certificate and copies of passport, photographs etc. They asked for bank records. I had printed out the last four years of my bank records from my Bangkok bank account. So I had everything ready there and then. The visa and passport was ready to pick up the next day at 14.30.

I stayed at the great colonial style Heritige Raliway hotel in the city center. 25 dollars a day with air con TV and a private bathroom with stand alone steel tub. There maybe be better places to stay nearer the embassy, but I highly recommend the Railway heritage.

All in all I would say the KL embassy is a very good place to get a non-o. It cost 550 ringlets for a year no-o multiple entry. The same price as London. But hey, KL is nearer. They do have a single entry 3 month for 220, along with tourist visas.

Hope this may assist anyone travelling to KL for a visa.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Thanks chaps.

The next visa will be an extension, but what frustrates me about the extensions is having to get permission from immigration to leave the conuntry. When you have to travel on business it's a bit of a pain.

Anyhoo, recommend KL embassy for a visa.

Cheers,

GFL.

You don't need permission of anyone (except perhaps the spouse) to leave. You need a re-entry permit to keep your current permitted to stay alive and you can obtain that immediately after getting the extension of stay. If you travel often a multi re-entry permit covers you for the entire period.