Thai Food Delivery Service

earlofwindermere

Several other TVers have told me about a Thai food delivery service that they use and enjoy. It's not teh Meals on Wheels 4 U (which is also good for selection).

This new-found service is to have food delivered to your house each day. You are given a menu and choose food for each day for the entire month. The cost for daily delivery for one month is something like:

1 person - 1000 baht per month (two items)

2 people - 1560 baht per month (three items)

3 people - 1750 baht per month (three items)

From what I've been told, the food is regularly delivered at the same time each day. All you need to do is make your own rice.

I've called the company for several days now and it appears that they currently do not deliver to my neighbourhood (Moobaan Tanawan on Mae Joe Road). Does anyone else have information about other delivery services such as this? There must be other Thai restaurants that do this.

Thanks.

Several other TVers have told me about a Thai food delivery service that they use and enjoy. It's not teh Meals on Wheels 4 U (which is also good for selection).

This new-found service is to have food delivered to your house each day. You are given a menu and choose food for each day for the entire month. The cost for daily delivery for one month is something like:

1 person - 1000 baht per month (two items)

2 people - 1560 baht per month (three items)

3 people - 1750 baht per month (three items)

At something like 17 baht a dish, delivered to the door, MOW is facing stiff competition.

Have you seen the menu? The usual stuff, I imagine, Burgers, Pizzas, steaks.

It's all Thai food. Several other posters can better describe than me. I've seen the menu but haven't looked at it much since I still have not been able to get confirmation that they deliver in my area. From what I've seen, there are 4 choices per meal. Depending on your plan, you choose 2 or 3 items out of the 4.

What do they offer for 17 Baht per dish? That sounds like a great deal.
You've got to order a minimum of 2 dishes per day.Taking into consideration the cost of delivery (5 baht?) and allowing for an element of profit (10 baht?) that would make it 9 baht per dish  - not much, I imagine. If it contains meat, it may not be the choice cuts. :) Edited by KevinHunt

Ironically, the delivery guy just dropped off the menu. I guess they do deliver on Mae Jo Road.

The one that I have has the following info:

Delivery is 6 days per week (not on Saturdays).

Cost for one month service:

2 people (3 dishes) 1550 baht.

3 people (3 dishes) 1750 baht

4 people (4 dishes) 1900 baht.

I've heard that the food is good so I'll update after I have started the service. However; I know a few others on here have tried it and say that the food is good. Who knows, maybe rat is tasty :)

My staff also told me that Ruenpae Restaurant (on the Ring Road between Rimping and Nakorn Payap International School) also have a daily delivery service. Ruenpae advertises in Citylife so you may have heard of them before. Their cost is 20 baht per dish (includes delivery).

I have been doing this service for about a week now and the food is good. Unfortunately for me, there are a lot of fish dishes and mushroom dishes. The menu is in Thai and uses a lot of gam muang words as well, so deciphering what all the choices are is a bit difficult. It is all northern food and I heard that they don't use MSG, they mention on the menu that they wash all their vegetables with soda bicarbonate. So far there has been a lot of food every day. I have only totally disliked one dish so far, cana bla kem, but I don't like fish. Anyway, I would recommend this service if you all are looking for consistent dinners for quite cheap.

Can someone maybe scan the menu, give a web address or further elaborate on this service?

All this discussion is a bit pointless for those of us not "in the know".

This sounds very reasonable, and it sounds like it could get me off the hook in the kitchen for a while, if the wifey likes the choice.