Invitation To First Annual Thaivisa Benefit Weekend

bazmlb

but hang on, this is Thailand , so who knows? Probably many palms to be greased. Mai Pen Rai, as long as they get a bit. Anything is better than nothing.

...."many palms to be greased"...Dude, you have some serious issues. Only crook himself would come up with such statement.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tmark.. WE were all on track. it was SOME of your posts that derailed it your 'I merely suggested "tongue in cheek" it was a possibility'.

This is a Charity event that a lot of people have spent a lot of time planning and some of your tongue in cheek answers are disparaging to their efforts. That's all.

But you did make a good point about the info, It was there for all to see if they had read it.

But the additional info is there now so EVERY body should have no problems (see post 5 for charity website details).

And thanks for the spelling lesson, Well received.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Transparency was a must before we moved forward with deciding the actual organization to support.. Ok - we have that clear now ( I do hope...)

Please don't forget 2 rides prior to the event:

1 Baz is organizing a ride from Pattaya to changwatthana (area) hotels for 1 night stay over (rest ) if anyone wants to join this , please contact Baz....

2 Group ride from Future Park Rangsit - to - Kanchanaburi the mornng of the event (groups rides tend to be more enjoyable..for the most part..can't speak on behalf of all of course..) Please contact me via the event info email provided..

Cheers!

PS: Booth space is going quickly - if interested let me know.

Tmark.. WE were all on track. it was SOME of your posts that derailed it your 'I merely suggested "tongue in cheek" it was a possibility'.

This is a Charity event that a lot of people have spent a lot of time planning and some of your tongue in cheek answers are disparaging to their efforts. That's all.

But you did make a good point about the info, It was there for all to see if they had read it.

But the additional info is there now so EVERY body should have no problems (see post 5 for charity website details).

And thanks for the spelling lesson, Well received.

Allan

OK, whatever. As for the "tongue in cheek" comment, that was just an "add on" to a serious response to "What percentage goes to the kids" .. My reply " 100% f course" . I don't know about you, but I'm just human. Again .. lighten up a little. It's healthier. 

The other "derailed"posts you refer too were in response to twits attacking me regarding my eyesight and computer knowledge etc. In the future I will try to turn the other cheek and ignore them. Now shoot me. Please.

Edited by tmark

really yok.... you can go by bus to Kanchanaburi from the southern bus station. then bus or taxi out to the event site.....easy peasy.

Hi 'thaicbr',

Could you please clear up this question then as it is as easy peesy for you

then bus

Which bus :D the one that goes to the Erawan Waterfalls or is there going to be a special bus laid on for folks that do not have wheels. :D Maybe ask the local Army to help you out with that one.

If it is the Erawan bus then it will be a long walk from the mian road 3199 through this dark forest that they have until they get to the Resort/Hotel/Room site.............. :D

Been there once in me car :D creepy place if you ask me untill you get to the Resort proper :)

Good luck with this event BTW :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Kanwin........ Ok the bus idea was aimed at those adventurous hiking sorts. and the taxi idea was for normal mortals.

Thanks for pointing that out and allowing me to clarify :) . see easy peasy :D

To be fair this is a BIKE weekend. Most people who attend will be riding a bike big or small :D

Allan

Kanwin........ Ok the bus idea was aimed at those adventurous hiking sorts. and the taxi idea was for normal mortals.

Thanks for pointing that out and allowing me to clarify :) . see easy peasy :D

To be fair this is a BIKE weekend. Most people who attend will be riding a bike big or small :D

Allan

If anyone does take the bus from either station in BKK, you will be dropped of course at the bus station - kanchanaburi town. Your respective hotel can pick you up, and if we do have a serous number of people attending the event - if the numbers are high enough, I can TRY to sort transport to and from the hotel - possibly on a schedule - timetable (just a thought - not solid as of yet...) If it is individuals, taxi might not be the most beneficial way to go (in particular from the event to your hotel...)

Just some thoughts..any other ideas?

If anyone is staying at the event property - when you make the booking, if you need transport (PM me - and I can ty to set up a pick up and return for a reasonable rate - not the standard hotel rates..)

Can I donate to this using PayPal ? Thanks

Pay Pal unfortunately no at this stage.. BUT - we are organizing payment through atm with a transparent account (proper - legit company name) with other specifics - will keep you posted. (Please give me a day to sort the bits and will ask Baz to pass on the info with all the points)

Great ideas everyone - really appreciate the ideas / suggestions and comments!

May I ask what charity is benefiting from this? I can only see details about room rates and maps to get there.

Good post my friend???Sorry I can not come and hope to join you all next year?? I am in America and too busy lobbying for Public option healthcare...

Thanks

Risa

Tickets can now be purchased at Thaivisa/AA Insurance offices in both Pattaya and Chiang Mai for anybody wishing to come to the event or just donate.

Pattaya

565/62 Moo 10 (Next to Big C, South Pattaya)

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi, 20260

Chiang Mai

206/22 Moo 6 Rimping Meechoke Plaza

Fa Ham

Chiang Mai 50000

Details for donations to the event can be found here

KanWin. Can you do me a favour as you are the Guru of Kanchanaburi :)

Can you list some hotels and guest houses that are close to the event please.

Thanks Allan

Hi Allan,

Comsaed River Kwai Resort with 107 beautifully furnished, spacious deluxe rooms

http://www.comsaed.com/non_fl/index.html

which is 19 km from downtown on the 3199 heading north.

At Lad Ya traffic lights trun left over the bridge and then trun right. It's on your right hand side down this little road.

As memntioned already

Pavilion Rim Kwai Resort with 194 rooms are nestled amongst lush greenery

http://www.pavilionhotels.com/rimkwai/rooms.php?lang=en

and just before this resort is

Nichigo Golf Country Club with Guest Rooms

Golf course view rooms 36

Jr. Suite rooms 16

Deluxe rooms 48

http://www.nichigoresortcc.com/hotel.php

and then the Xen Hideaway Resort with 72 Superior Twin Rooms and Suits each with its own balcony. 2 Lodges for 22 persons each.

After that or just before, sorry have not been up there for sometime, there is one on the right hand side of this road

Hotel Name : Erawan Princess Hotel

Address : 226 Mu 4, Lat Ya-Nam Tok Erawan Road, Tambon Wang Dong, Amphoe Mueang, Kanchanaburi

Room : 50

Price : 350 - 1500 Baht

Telephone : 0 3458 4123, 08 1311 2361

Fax : 0 3458 4056

Call them and ask....

Just for info, the major resorts are on the 323 Sai Yok road.

Good luck, wish you all well and safe trip.

Yours truly,

Kan Win

P.S. and please read my signature....

This is great stuff, but I don't drive a bike. What can I do? :D

U can learn! :):D

You don't have to ride a bike, you can drive to the event in a car, come on a bus or organise a group of friends and come along, just come along it will be a great event!

If you don't want to attend or cant attend but want to help out you can donate any amount you want.

Details for donations to the event can be found here.

TICKET Update

If you are in Nakhon Pathom, Kanchanaburi or Ratchaburi. eg West of BKK. And you want tickets before the event. I have arranged that you can collect Pre-booked tickets and buy tickets from.

Learning Point (English school)

Tanon Songphol, Nakhon Pathom.

Opposite Silapakorn University and next to Tesco Lotus mini mart.

They are well signed in blue and yellow

GPS 13.814558,100.042512 .

Please bear in mind that we would prefer pre-booking.

As Learning Point are doing this as a favour they only have a small amount of tickets in stock.

For Pre-bookings PM me how many tickets and what names then i would deliver them to Learning Point next day.

If you are in Pattaya or Chiang Mai area then Tickets are available from the Thaivisa/AA insurance offices mentioned in post 44

Thank You

Allan

Ps Thanks for the hotel list Kan.

Edited by thaicbr

I worked a lot for NABD in the UK, organising weekend rallies and such - left my bike there though ! The thought of a Thai equivalent of NABD is quite scary !

If anyone is going up from near Sukhumvit 36 (Thong Lo area) and has a spare seat (pref bike) then please let me know.

K

This is great stuff, but I don't drive a bike. What can I do? :D

U can learn! :):D

You don't have to ride a bike, you can drive to the event in a car, come on a bus or organise a group of friends and come along, just come along it will be a great event!

If you don't want to attend or cant attend but want to help out you can donate any amount you want.

Details for donations to the event can be found here.

Hi,

I have attached a small flyer regarding the Thai Visa Benefit weekend.ffc.doc