Visa Options

Apply for a multiple NON O visa in Hull UK. Then you ok for a total of 15 months.

After that, every 6 months go to a neighbour asia country ("friendly") and apply for a 2 entry TR visa, with extension totals to 6 months.

Or go to Perth or Hull again and repeat step 1 for a new Non O visa.

These 2 places are known for being friendly = give Non O visa for visit friends.

You can obtain these visas at the moment for sure, but with immigration clampdown cannot guarantee they will be available at future date. Brisbane, usually friendly consulate, said can no longer issue Non-O visas on basis of visiting friends according to report last week. Vientiane (only embassy issuing double entry tourist visas in the region) are going great guns with the red stamp. The MFA is closing the door on spanish practices ...

I stayed here for nearly 4 years on non-immigrant o visas from Hull - they have some Royal connections and seem to be immune from normal visa regulations. I am mid- 30's now and wasn't working for those few years (I am now sadly), definitely the easiest way to go for a young English guy.

Post your passport to Hull if it's not local to you and get it back 3 days later.

thaipoon: "Seems like the 4 hours a week ED visa is about the only option for someone in this category?

Marry a local bar girl? Become a teacher? Surely there is some middle ground?"

Yes, this are his options!

(Middle ground :-) :May open a bar or restaurant and employ 4 Thais, .... :-)

For any righting about a multible Non-O-visa. He is not 50 years old => Thereby a Miltible-O-Visa can/will normaly not be issued!

Peter

For any righting about a multible Non-O-visa. He is not 50 years old => Thereby a Miltible-O-Visa can/will normaly not be issued!

Peter

It will be in certain European Honorary Thai Consulates. Also in Perth at the moment.

In Asia you are correct unless qualifying by means of having a Thai Wife/Child etc.

(Middle ground :-) :May open a bar or restaurant and employ 4 Thais, .... :-)

Won't help him much. 4 employees do not give you the right to a 1 year extension.

They give you the possibility to apply for and get a work permit.

However, unless he takes over an existing restaurant with a few years of audited bookkeeping showing good income, he won't even qualify for a 1 year extension on having his WP in a newly established company.

.... sorry, righting : writing .... and so on.

Is it possible to correct postings?

Peter

Only for the first 30 minutes, afterwards if you want something edited you'll have to ask/contact a moderator.

Good Day

I have bought a condo in Phuket free hold for usd 2,73000 so what is the formality and the visa options available to me and my wife. Im 48 Pakistani nationality (but non muslim)

Unfortunately buying a Condo does not give you any special Visa opportunities.

What Nationality is your Wife?

Probably your best option is to just find a country that really wants you to be here. The number of obstacles put in the way of younger, intelligent and well educated foreigners to stay in this country is ridiculous.

Not ridiculous, just the same as every other country. Don't you think it's a little suspicious when some one with no connection to a country, and doesn't even pay taxes here is desperately trying to find a way to stay here long term? Obviously if he's not willing to disclose the motive then of course authorities will put up obstacles for people like this. However, if it's obvious that someone is willing to make a commitment or benefit to the country then they will be welcome assuming they're not fleeing the law in another country

Edited by Time Traveller

TimeTraveller, I take offence to your comments because they are typical of the type of person who takes the high moral ground because they have married a local or is working as an English teacher and thinks that somehow you deserve to stay in Thailand more than anyone else here.

There is nothing suspicious to my motives to wanting to stay in Thailand, they are the same as many people, the people, the food, the culture, the climate, the cost of living etc. I just happen to be in a position where I am neither at retirement age, nor married. I have taken the time to learn the language, culture and have been rewarded greatly for doing so with fantastic friends and a happy life, thus it is only natural that someone in my position would wish to look for long term options for staying in Thailand.

I would gladly have my income taxed in Thailand if in exchange I could stay here as anything other than on a tourist status. Contrary to what you say, many countries around the world welcome people on this basis, as people like myself who are not reliant on the local economy for income actually help to strengthen it by spending money at a grass roots level.

Thanks for all the advice thus far, it looks like I will be enrolling for language lessons at the local University.

@thaiphoon: YOU are wrong!

READ the OP post 1 again.

This is 2nd time in this thread you try correct me - both time you wrong.

IF you have a issue with me = PM me!

@thaiphoon: w h e r e did OP talk about Non B ???????

I responded to OP - no others.

Get your facts right!

Taiphoon was responding to Taffy Lee who rather hijacked the thread and talked about B Visas.

So in fact he was correct as it was not very clear who you were responding to.

A simple misunderstanding. :)

Non immigrant B or O, it doesn't matter the rest of the information still apllies.

TimeTraveller, I take offence to your comments because they are typical of the type of person who takes the high moral ground because they have married a local or is working as an English teacher and thinks that somehow you deserve to stay in Thailand more than anyone else here.

There is nothing suspicious to my motives to wanting to stay in Thailand, they are the same as many people, the people, the food, the culture, the climate, the cost of living etc. I just happen to be in a position where I am neither at retirement age, nor married. I have taken the time to learn the language, culture and have been rewarded greatly for doing so with fantastic friends and a happy life, thus it is only natural that someone in my position would wish to look for long term options for staying in Thailand.

I would gladly have my income taxed in Thailand if in exchange I could stay here as anything other than on a tourist status. Contrary to what you say, many countries around the world welcome people on this basis, as people like myself who are not reliant on the local economy for income actually help to strengthen it by spending money at a grass roots level.

Thanks for all the advice thus far, it looks like I will be enrolling for language lessons at the local University.

I have no problem with what you're saying and obviously if you're interesting in staying long term doing something productive e.g. study or open a business or teaching or whatever is looked on favorably by immigration. My main point was why some people (and the original post was written like that) who expect Thailand to grant long term visas to them but have no reason to be here except saying that they have a lot of cash and how the country and the people and businesses will benefit from them being here then complaining that Thailand is run by stupid people and how some other country(ies) policies are so much more clever etc. etc. Can you see what I mean? Study, work or do a business - then you'll find a visa option available.

No moral ground. Just common sense and realism.

Edited by Time Traveller

No need to justify yourself threedot. I have been reading this thread with interest as im in a similar situation. Best of luck with the route you choose.

I have no problem with what you're saying and obviously if you're interesting in staying long term doing something productive e.g. study or open a business or teaching or whatever is looked on favorably by immigration. My main point was why some people (and the original post was written like that) who expect Thailand to grant long term visas to them but have no reason to be here except saying that they have a lot of cash and how the country and the people and businesses will benefit from them being here then complaining that Thailand is run by stupid people and how some other country(ies) policies are so much more clever etc. etc. Can you see what I mean? Study, work or do a business - then you'll find a visa option available.

No moral ground. Just common sense and realism.

Agreed - people who take such umbrage at Thailand simply because they are not allowed to stay long term while claiming to be tourists are unrealistic. No country accepts people as residents unless they havee a reason to stay that goes beyond simply liking the place. Try asking a Thai who wants to have a go living in the western world, or a European who wants to live in Aussie ot the US (or vice versa), and you will always get the same answer - there are always strict immigration criteria that have to be met. It's funny how people accept that the western countries where they come from control very carefully the issue of tourist visas to Thais, but complain when Thailand imposes similar controls on them. Many here seem to think that they are entitled to live in Thailand forever, and for no good reason other than the fact they they like it. Unfortunately for them, immigration law just doesn't work that way.

Good luck to the OP in finding a way to stay via the Uni. By demonstrating links to Thailand, he will be allowed to stay.

Edited by clockworkorange

• 2 weeks later...

The Non o is no problem, A bird told me there is someone 39 yeaqrs old who has had one every year for the last 9 years. However they keep at least 1,000,000 thb in a bank in Thailand at all times and 300,000 every month for the last 9 years. They want to see that you are spending your money. Money in and money out, recorded in a bank book. This is all you need. Everything else helps ie wife, kids, credit in Thailand(car payments), long term rental agreements. Chill out....there are alot of old whiners on this thread who like to hear themselves whinge.... dont listen to them, they are angry b/c they are stuck out in the country in unhappy relationships and barely enough money to drink themselves to death on cheap lager. Remember......it is always about the money and if you have a problem it is b/c you either did not have enough or presented it in the wrong way.

I personally think you do not have enough money every month to live as the type of long term resident thailand wants here. Your reference to the "bar girl" makes me suspicious you are here for the wrong reasons. You see if you dont have enough to live comfortably in your own country you should not be coming to live in a foriegn country as a value play...sorry you cant live in europe or the uk very well on 100,000 baht per month. Dont take offense, but it is true and you will understand after living here for ten years on 100,000 thb per month and wish you had taken my advice. Take time and rethink. and you could always consider Phnom Phen, or Manila.

Edited by bowbells

If you have few millions baht to spare, go for the Elite Membership, which costs I think 1.5 Million baht. You are given a 5 years visa and renewable too. You also can buy a house in your name.

But if you don't, then buy the lottery ticket twice a month to try your luck!

There are some companies handling visa will work out for you a one year B visa.

Cheers!

If you want to go down the study route, remember that you can obtain an ED visa for studying courses other than Thia language. I studied Thai Culture for a year at Chulalongkorn (no Thai language study). Referring to my earlier post about becoming a monk, you could also study Buddhism at the World Buddhist University in Bangkok. Or there are many other courses and international programs.

Simon

visa again... please advice.

Im 37, Norwegian, married Thai for several years, (we live in Norway, the marriage is not registered in Thai as I know... but that can be done quick)

We have a son, 1,5 years old. (processing thai passport for him is in progress)

Im working in Norway, generating aprox 85000 baht, that I will bring in every month.

My wife setting up a company in Thailand..

I need a visa, and I want a multi entry one year visa. Is that possible? what name on the visa should it be (non-o, etc)?

from January.

additional info:

I have worked in Phuket before, for a Thai company, and been in Thailand several times thelast 10 years.

Yes a multi entry non immigrant O visa based on marriage seems to be what you should look for. You may have to search out a source as some places will only want to issue a single entry but with a phone call or two you should be able to find a place to issue.

Once here you could use the 400k in Thai bank account 2 months to extend on a yearly basis if you like. If Embassy will certify your income over 40k per month you could also use that for extensions.

Edited by lopburi3

Yes a multi entry non immigrant O visa based on marriage seems to be what you should look for. You may have to search out a source as some places will only want to issue a single entry but with a phone call or two you should be able to find a place to issue.

Once here you could use the 400k in Thai bank account 2 months to extend on a yearly basis if you like. If Embassy will certify your income over 40k per month you could also use that for extensions.

Cool. So before i leave norway, I apply for a multi entry non immigrant at their Embassy in Oslo.

Thanks.