Do You Plan To Charge Sin Sot For Your Luk-krueng Daughter?

RogerSterling1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you plan to return the sin sot to the children or keep it to recuperate losses?

Sure thing, i love ripping off farangs. Ill find a nice old geezer for her with loads of money and after they are married tell the guy to build her a house. Of course my daughter will know she just have to please the guy and milk him for cash.. the moment she has a enough.. a quick divorce and finding a new idiot. Don't you love Thailand.

my understanding is that sin sot is sometimes returned, sometimes not. is that incorrect? i do not mean to troll or misspell.

Check out the other million threads before you sit back under your bridge.

Have only seen a handful of luk krung weddings, but on both sides, whether the guy or gal was a luk krung and the other half a Thai-Thai I guess, there were sin sods involved, although just ceremonial as it usually is nowadays. I'd assume luk krungs at the lower end of the socio-economic spectrum might have cases where it's kept as it is between many Thais and Thai-foreigner (generation 1) marriages.

:)

oh... forgot to add that I've also been to one luk krung + luk krung wedding, and again, there was a ceremonial sin sod, also a Chinese tea ceremony although neither was part Thai Chinese.

Edited by Heng

To me , sin-sot is a sin unto itself !!
Troll or not I think it's a good question. Probably been asked before, but what the heck ? I have to agree with 'dumball' in that "it's a sin unto itself". I refused to pay it personally, when I got married, so how can I be a hypocrite and ask for it ? My wife says she would ask for it, but as long as I'm alive then it's a NO, she'll go along with that. I have 2 daughters and one son and I expect to pay the 'Sin Sot' for the son, but I don't want to. Hopefully, by that time, all this outdated practice will be obsolete.

Don't worry about the troll accusations Roger........once the answer is located to 'where the best fish and chips in????'..........there are those who seek out threads they do not have any interest in whatsoever and disrupt.........they are actually worse than the people they accuse.......sad really.... :)

The thing I find interesting about your question is, that I know I will have absolutely no say on this topic..........and that is fine by me, what is decided by my wife I will agree with.........I just wonder how many others out there will actually follow that simple route through choice or inevitability!!!!

Don't worry about the troll accusations Roger........once the answer is located to 'where the best fish and chips in????'..........there are those who seek out threads they do not have any interest in whatsoever and disrupt.........they are actually worse than the people they accuse.......sad really.... :)

The thing I find interesting about your question is, that I know I will have absolutely no say on this topic..........and that is fine by me, what is decided by my wife I will agree with.........I just wonder how many others out there will actually follow that simple route through choice or inevitability!!!!

OK. I'll bite.

My daughter is not and never will be for sale... End off.

The decision of who my daughter marries will be hers and hers alone... End off.

I'll compromise with sin sod if need be, and by compromise I mean I'd allow the 'show' but will not keep a penny and at no point will it ever requested from my wife or I. I know that my wife would agree with on this fundamental issue as we have spoken about it and agree without exception, what's more is that her own mother did neither request nor want 1 satang in sin sod

I know I will have absolutely no say on this topic..........and that is fine by me, what is decided by my wife I will agree with.........I just wonder how many others out there will actually follow that simple route through choice or inevitability!!!!
In Thailand the husband is number one and I can't understand your attitude that you leave it to your wife. I thought I left that attitude back in the home country ? So if your wife decides your daughter will never marry, then you will go along with that ? <deleted> Edited by sinbin

I know I will have absolutely no say on this topic..........and that is fine by me, what is decided by my wife I will agree with.........I just wonder how many others out there will actually follow that simple route through choice or inevitability!!!!
In Thailand the husband is number one and I can't understand your attitude that you leave it to your wife. I thought I left that attitude back in the home country ? So if your wife decides your daughter will never marry, then you will go along with that ? <deleted>

I doubt my daughter would ever allow that decision to be made for her.....she has a mind of her own......most do......asyou will find out if you have one.......I'm a little surprised you have not thought this far ahead........well maybe not!!!

I doubt my daughter would ever allow that decision to be made for her.....she has a mind of her own......most do......asyou will find out if you have one.......I'm a little surprised you have not thought this far ahead........well maybe not!!!

This also.

If when it comes to the time my daughter does not have the self esteem to make her own decision on such a huge event for her, then I'd have gone wrong somewhere as a father.

asyou will find out if you have one.......I'm a little surprised you have not thought this far ahead........well maybe not!!!
As I've said, previously "I have 2 daughters & one son". Yes I have thought ahead, and no I will not ask for a 'Sin Sot' for my daughters, as I never paid one for their mother. I'm not a hyporite. Edited by sinbin

OK. I'll bite.

I'll compromise with sin sod if need be, and by compromise I mean I'd allow the 'show' but will not keep a penny and at no point will it ever requested from my wife or I. I know that my wife would agree with on this fundamental issue as we have spoken about it and agree without exception, what's more is that her own mother did neither request nor want 1 satang in sin sod

Will you teach your daughter about Thai traditions and customs? I certainly want my girls to be aware of their mother's customs.

I paid sinsot and unless the woman has been married before, has kids, or is desperate, I've never heard of a Thai woman from a normal family not asking for sinsot.

OK. I'll bite.

Fine moonrakers........you've discussed the topic and have your agreed conclusions with your wife, so how do you know what your wife wanted is not exactly what you have agreed to!!!!.......as you say, your daughter will make her own decision........personally the topic has not even gotten onto my radar......and as I say above.....probably never will......my wife knows as well as I what is for the good of our children I trust her implicitly on that. Your latest comment about your daughter mirrors my own perception......by the time she is an adult she will make her own decisions......guided by her mother....and if she has any issues she will come to me for support of further guidance. You see sin sod or not is not my priority.......the happiness of my daughter is........so if the big day comes and there is or is not sin sod I will certainly not dream of forcing any kind of decision on the proceedings that would rain on her parade......get it???

Will you teach your daughter about Thai traditions and customs? I certainly want my girls to be aware of their mother's customs.

I paid sinsot and unless the woman has been married before, has kids, or is desperate, I've never heard of a Thai woman from a normal family not asking for sinsot.

Which why I said I'd compromise such as a 'show'. Besides, is it not actually tradition for the money to be returned to the couple anyway?

I will certainly not dream of forcing any kind of decision on the proceedings that would rain on her parade......get it???
Of course you won't '473geo' because 'you'll go along with anything your wife says', your quote. A sad day for you, and a sad day for your daughter ! Edited by sinbin