Boy Found Shot, Mutilated

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Several very serious suited Yakuza were shown on Thai news in relation to this case. My wife confirmed they were Yakuza - 'how do they get into Thailand'? Money of course. The killer has Yakuza tattoos and one of his 'little' fingers is cut off at the knuckle - some kind of 'Thai mafia' thing for talking too much, quite probably imported by the Thais from aforesaid Yakuza. Why is the Yakuza link not mentioned in the press reporting of this case? :)

It is horrible that a young boy or anybody for that matter who looses a life at the hands of another. I feel sorry for the boy and mother. But one thing bothers me about the whole thing. In all the television reports showing the taxi where the murders took place, the taxi is perfectly clean? No blood stains on the seats, not even the threads in the seats are dis-colored? The car looks brand new. If you have ever seen someone bleed out before there is a lot of blood. The floor mats would still be wet. How about how calm the perpetrator is? If the man is truely guilty of this crime than let him hang. But everything about this is a little to neat and tidy.

UPDATE

Police check 'gang link" to killings

By The Nation

Published on October 15, 2009

Police check 'gang link" to killings

'Stray bullets from shooting champ

Police are investigating if the confessed killer of a woman and her five-year-old boy is part of a criminal racket with ties to the Japanese Yakuza.

They are seeking to find out if part-time taxi driver Siriphong Kanjananiwit acted alone - because he owed his girlfriend a large sum - or if he was ordered to kill her by a criminal gang.

Siriphong has tattoos on both arms, which are complicated and rare - suggesting they were done outside Thailand.

Police also have inside information from the Department of Special Investigation, which has arrested three Japanese men for criminal conspiracy.

They are suspected of being part of a protection racket and are reportedly known as the Yamuguchi gang.

The gang is alleged to have collected fees from Japanese-owned businesses in Silom and Patpong red-light district and profited from prostitution in both areas.

Police took Siriphong to re-enact his crimes at 14 sites yesterday, including Pathum Thani's Lat Lum Kaew, where the body of Sunant Srisuwan, 38, was found on Sunday, and Bangkok's Taling Chan, |where the mutilated body of |Chow Makino, five, was found on Tuesday.

In a pink taxi, Siriphong demonstrated how he drove and allegedly shot Sunant, plus her children Makino and Phichaya, who he claimed were sitting on the backseat. He aimed, without looking back, at the woman and her children with a .357 revolver, with his right arm over his left, which he insists, held the steering wheel.

He allegedly fired 14 rounds in total from two clips of bullets.

The daughter Phichaya, 13, survived and has been treated at Rama IX Hospital for five gunshot wounds.

She underwent surgery yesterday to remove bullet fragments from her shoulder and will need two months to recover physically.

Siriphong is a skilled shooter. He owns three handguns and won the runner-up prize in a recent shooting competition.

Police are sceptical about his claim that he fired two clips of bullets into the backseat of a car without looking, and that boy was hit and killed by "stray" bullets. An initial inspection of the boy's dismembered head revealed gun residue where a bullet entered near his cheek, suggesting a close-range shot.

Amid confusing claims from the suspect, a police source said they had been contacted by a man who identified himself as "Joe", who said he was Sunant's friend.

Joe said Sunant had complained that Siriphong owed her nearly Bt1 million.

He said Makino was the son of her Japanese boyfriend, and she had ended the relationship with him after learning he was already married.

Joe also dismissed claims by Siriphong that she wanted him to kill her two former husbands, saying Sunant was a kind person and had helped many people with financial problems.

Chief investigator Pol Maj General Amnuay Nimmano dismissed media claims the "police were lucky" because Siriphong had confessed to reporters that he committed both murders.

"Police have exercised their expertise in unlocking the cases, because they have linked both murders together, which made them get nearer to the killer.

"We also put added pressure on him so he got intense and decided to contact his mother, and a relative, both of who later persuaded him to give himself up," he said.

'Stray' bullets from shooting champ

Siriphong Kanjananiwit is sticking to his claim that Chow Makino, the five-year-old boy he allegedly shot dead and later dismembered, was killed by "stray" bullets.

He has claims he only intended to kill the boy's mother, who was his girlfriend.

"I fired all seven bullets in the chamber, and reloaded another seven bullets and fired them all, while driving. I didn't know who was hit. I saw Chow again at home after I dumped his mother's body. I thought he might have been hit by a few bullets, but did not think he would die," he said.

He said Phichaya, the daughter of Sunant Srisuwan, the woman he killed, begged him not to shoot her, and he responded by say-ing: "I'm not going to kill you. I apologise that our fights have ended up with you becoming a victim."

Siriphong is skilful at shooting. He |owns three handguns and recently won |the run-ners-up prize at a competition |held by a police division.

"I have always done target practice, and my choice of target is mainly human dummies," he said.

A Nakhon Ratchasima native, Siriphong has two children, each from marriages that broke up. He met Sunant at a Bangkok police station two years before they started seeing each other. He claims their relation-ship soured after she asked him to kill someone.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/15

Oh dear. Maniac taxi driver picking people up from the airport. God forbid he has done this before.

You think that becuase he killed this girlfriend (due to a complicated, lengthy dispute) after he picked her up at the airport (prearranged), that he has killed other girlfriends in a similar way? Or he picks up random people to kill and just by chance he happend to pick up his GF (who has he a complicated dispute with) and killed her because it was that time of the month to kill someone..

Or ... :):D

It is not uncommon in high profile cases like this for someone to come forward and to "confess" to the crime.

I am not one to applaud the BiB, but the statement attributed to Metropolitan Police chief Lt-General Worapong Chewpreecha that "the man's claims were not believable and the case would need further investigation", is commendable and demonstrates professionalism. The confessed killer has merely repeated statements already published, some of which may be inaccurate with the actual facts known only to the police. If the police were interested in a quick solution, they would accept the confession and close the case. However, if the victims are Korean nationals then you be sure that the Korean government will be demanding a thorough investigation and will be watching.

It serves no purpose to readily accept the confession. If the man is guilty he won't be going anywhere anytime soon while the investigation continues. If he is not guilty, that means the seriously disturbed murderer(s) is still out there. There is no benefit to anyone in pinning the murders on a person that while confessing to the crime, did not murder these people. A thorough investigation is needed before justice can be done.

I see, so this guy is some looney who faked a confession> How do you explain his long relationship with the victim.

The police have serious doubts about his claim that he shot the boy accidently (they think it was deliberate) but they certainly accept his confession about doing the killing..

clausewitz>> Any early reports that the woman was a girlfriend of the killer at any point in time seem to have been incorrect as the latest ones don't mention it. The story is, as you can read from the latest reports, slightly different now.

UPDATE

gallery_327_1086_5993.jpg

Siriphong Kanjananiwit asks for forgiveness from Chow Makino, 5, whom he allegedly killed and dismembered.

Siripong who surrendered to police, allegedly killed Chow's mother; Sunant Srisuan, 38.//Supachai Petchtewee

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/15

UPDATE

Siriphong Kanjananiwit asks for forgiveness from Chow Makino, 5, whom he allegedly killed and dismembered.

Siripong who surrendered to police, allegedly killed Chow's mother; Sunant Srisuan, 38.//Supachai Petchtewee

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/15

The audacity of this self-confessed cold blooded murderer. Why on Earth was he given this sort of attention. Pathetic.

UPDATE

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/15

The audacity of this self-confessed cold blooded murderer. Why on Earth was he given this sort of attention. Pathetic.

Have to agree. I'm not sure that is more pathetic - Sirihong, or the idiots that are reporting it. IMO totally distasteful, and please "apologists" don't give the "thai culture" defence - this guy is only trying to gain some favour to avoid the death penalty.

May the guy who puts the needle in his arm be asking for the same 'forgiveness'. The sooner the better.

A needle in his arm? You're a nice guy, Scott. What I would like to be seen done would probably get me banned from the forum for posting it. How ever this "thing" meets his fate, those involved won't need any forgiveness.

Edited by frodo

UPDATE

BANGKOK MURDERS

Police dismiss 'gang link' to slayings

By The Nation

Published on October 16, 2009

Police dismiss 'gang link' to slayings

Reports that killings were ordered by Yakuza just speculation, top cop says

A senior investigator played down reports suggesting self-confessed murder suspect Siriphong Kanjananiwit may have shot dead a woman and her young son on the order of a criminal racket based in Japan as "speculation that police will not dance along [with]".

Police Major-General Amnuay Nimmano said police would rely on evidence and not necessarily believe everything the suspect said.

"If you ask me if the crime was ordered by a gang, I would say we will not conduct our investigation under the influence of media speculation. Otherwise there will be another gang tomorrow, and there would then be Yamaha or Honda gangs the following days," he added.

"What I know is that the suspect committed the crimes. Whatever gang he belongs to, it's all media speculation."

Newspaper articles and broadcast media on Wednesday cited statements from anonymous sources that Siriphong could have belonged to a local branch of the Japanese yakuza crime syndicate. The reports centred on tattoos on his arms and certain jobs in Japan, where Sunant Srisuwan, 38, worked before she was found shot dead and abandoned by a roadside in Pathum Thani earlier this month.

In a press interview yesterday, Siriphong said he had his tattoos done at Sanam Luang. He also said he did not steal anything from Sunant after he shot her in the taxi. Siriphong was driving the taxi, with Sunant and two children aboard. They were Chow Makino, her five-year-old son and Phichaya, her 13-year-old daughter. Chow died in the shooting and Phichaya was injured.

The suspect stuck to his story that he killed her in an outburst following her insistent requests for him to kill her two former husbands and a former boyfriend. "I possess good shooting skills, but I sprayed the bullets at the backseat [out of rage] because I was not looking.

"If I really meant to kill her, one shot could simply do it. And Chow [would not have] died.

If I could turn back time, I would have chosen not to meet her at all," he added.

Siriphong is now in court custody at the Criminal Court after police authority to detain him for seven days after his arrest ended.

Doctors at Rama IX hospital said Phichaya, who underwent surgery to remove bullet fragments from her shoulder on Wednesday, is recovering and her surgical wounds are healing. It will take another week to determine whether she can be allowed to go home.

Before going to the court, Siriphong made a formal apology to Chow before his photo, saying he was sorry for killing him and would want to be the boy's father in the next life to take care of him to atone for his crime. Police attempted to set up an apology session for Siriphong on Wednesday before Sunant's photo, but he refused to comply.

Police were trying to reach Chow's Japanese father but as of yesterday had failed to do so.

A businessman who rented his taxi to Siriphong asked to visit him yesterday at Taling Chan police station. The man, who asked not to be named, said he knew Siriphong for five years and learned from his fellow cabbies that the suspect regularly gambled but showed no sign of brutality or a habitual bad temper. "He is a well-mannered man. I never thought he could have changed this much," the taxi owner said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/16

There are some glaring holes in the story so far,

but being based on Thai Police 'public pronouncements',

that isn't surprising...

Still a sickening story none the less.

At least the little girl can fill in some of the gaps about who it went down,

they why's are clearly on the head of the nutter at the center of it all.

I too was going to post saying that this was a 'SHOCKING' crime, but then I realised that nothing around this place 'shocks' me anymore.

I hope the victims RIP, I hope the offender rots in hells hel_l. :)

There is unfortunately a sad truth in your post neverdie. It feels like I'm becoming almost anesthetized to the levels of brutality in this world, though this case and the recent one were the neighbors killed 2 young girls by hanging still moved me deeply.

Before going to the court, Siriphong made a formal apology to Chow before his photo, saying he was sorry for killing him and would want to be the boy's father in the next life to take care of him to atone for his crime. Police attempted to set up an apology session for Siriphong on Wednesday before Sunant's photo, but he refused to comply.

So any claim during the trial that he is 'sorry' for killing her [to get leniency] can be ignored atleast.