Visa Sticker Detatching From My Passport

I've got a visa for Thailand issued in Penang a few years ago. It has lost it's stickiness and is coming off the page. Would it be OK to remove it as it is falling to pieces? Or buy some glue and stick it back in. It would leave a blank page and just the tip of the consulate stamp. What do you think guys :) ?

I've got a visa for Thailand issued in Penang a few years ago. It has lost it's stickiness and is coming off the page. Would it be OK to remove it as it is falling to pieces? Or buy some glue and stick it back in. It would leave a blank page and just the tip of the consulate stamp. What do you think guys :) ?

Laminate it to the page, or use some clear sticky back plastic film.

Seeing as it expired years ago I would not think it matters too much.

Depends on whether he has been here on one year extensions all this time. My visa that is being used for my extensions is still in my first passport (renewed PP twice since being here) from 16 years ago. My understanding is that I would have to show my 1st passport, the one with the original Visa in it, and my current passport with the current permission of stay if I leave the country?

You are renewing your Permission to stay. Not the Visa. The Visa died 16 years ago.

As mine is in the same passport I have no idea if they look at it or not.

I would have thought that as long as it is stuck on the page and readable it will be ok.

Similar thread was here few weeks back;my post with advice was declared illegal and deleted;so - now I am wiser and I will not give you any...But it looks,that old stickers keep falling off.Take it easy...

i

"...using official adhesive..."

Is that the 'good' stuff?

"My understanding is that I would have to show my 1st passport, the one with the original Visa in it, and my current passport with the current permission of stay if I leave the country?"

I'm pretty sure that's not correct. When I recently exited the country they just looked to see that my extension to stay wasn't expired.

My understanding is that I would have to show my 1st passport, the one with the original Visa in it, and my current passport with the current permission of stay if I leave the country?

You might but I don't and do not think it is generally required. I go out and back in on a current passport with the current permission of stay in it. The old passport with the visa being used for extensions stays at home and has never been asked for on exit or entry. The information about that visa was entered in the front of the current passport by immigration just after the passport was issued when all the Thai visa information was transferred into it.

I'm pretty sure that's not correct. When I recently exited the country they just looked to see that my extension to stay wasn't expired.

Thanks for that info. It was posted a few times sometime ago on TV that it was required and is why my question regarding it clarifying the issue.

Thanks for that info. It was posted a few times sometime ago on TV that it was required and is why my question regarding it clarifying the issue.

Only when you are on a valid multiple entry vise they want to see your visa when you re-enter and would you need your old passport if the visa is in there.

When on an extension of stay the visa doesn't matter any more. When you leave with a re-entry permit they only look at your current permission to stay and re-entry permit. I never take my old passport with me.

The only time you need an old visa is if you want to use it for entry. Once you have extensions of stay you use a re-entry permit for that. A good percentage of those on long extensions don't even have the old passport to show do to loss or there country keeping expired/replaced passports.