Pizza Rustica Is The Best Pizza In Chiang Mai!

CLASBYCLAN

Hi Guys

We were starving in town today and I picked up a copy the dining guide which had an add for Rustica Pizza on Nimmenhemen Soi 6, next to Punna Place.

So we went and it was totally the best pizza in town, nice atmosphere, wine and outside seating

<link removed as per forum rules>

The owner was really friendly and when someone is making this much effort to provide such good food we should all support it!

Enjoy!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure you did them any flavours, i mean favours, by posting a link to a website that's obviously under construction! :) The 'read more' link takes some beating!

Still, pretty close by to where i live, so i'll probably give them a look :D

Aitch

If you don't mind please report back. The only place I found that had outstanding pizza was in San Sai and recently closed. If this place receives a second vote of praise, even though it's a drive for me, I'll give it a try.

Pizza Koh Lanta on Kotchasarn soi 1 which was one of my favorite pizza places recently closed. I wonder if that is the place MM is referring to.

Spot on unfortunately :) I have his mobile number and he has promised to call me if he reopens. Where is the abject misery icon?

Pizza Koh Lanta on Kotchasarn soi 1 which was one of my favorite pizza places recently closed. I wonder if that is the place MM is referring to.

Spot on unfortunately :D I have his mobile number and he has promised to call me if he reopens. Where is the abject misery icon?

We both have good taste in pizza so it seems. :)

Too bad I can't share my home made pizza with you... sour dough crust, lots of meat and veggies on top and heaps of chedder and mozzarella cheese. I'm going to pig out on it tomorrow while watching the football games on television.

:):D:D

Pizza_010.sized.jpg

Too bad I can't share my home made pizza with you... sour dough crust, lots of meat and veggies on top and heaps of chedder and mozzarella cheese. I'm going to pig out on it tomorrow while watching the football games on television.

Pizza_010.sized.jpg

I hate pizzas.

They have the appearance of vomit on bread, including the lumpy bits.

I think that many of these chiang Mai food threads are started by the restaurant owners trying to promote their businesses. So I don`t take these too seriously.

It`s like reading the restaurant ads on the Internet and in magazines, complete with all the good reviews.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so they say, not just because someone says it`s good.

Edited by sassienie

Spot on unfortunately :D I have his mobile number and he has promised to call me if he reopens. Where is the abject misery icon?

I thought I saw a sign for Pizza Koh Lanta opening on Nimmanhaemin Soi 5 (or maybe 3 or 7) just east of Nimmanhaemin, but that was a month or so ago.

I thought I saw a sign for Pizza Koh Lanta opening on Nimmanhaemin Soi 5 (or maybe 3 or 7) just east of Nimmanhaemin, but that was a month or so ago.

I love pizza and I have had it everywhere. Please if you find a good one get me a slice.

Mr. Chans and Ms Pauline's. True Thai/New Yorkers. Great pizza. They also provide the dough for Pizzamania.

however Chan's has the oven thing down and Pizzamania is still working it out.

...The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so they say, not just because someone says it`s good.

You are right about that. Somebody saying that he likes the food in a certain place is an honest, subjective appraisal but I, for one, won’t fault anybody finding a topic starter saying that the food in a certain restaurant “is the best” a bit suspicious.

--

Maestro

They have the appearance of vomit on bread, including the lumpy bits.

I have to agree, but to all of us who like cheese and hard crusty bread they are great. But, I could probably say the same with most Thai meals.

At least my stir fry veggies are a good meal on their own BEFORE I put them on a pizza.

Stir_fry_veg_Em.sized.jpg

I say only one thing PIZZA MANIA Near RuamChok Plaza just beside wanna coffee and the new PTT gastation.

:D :D :D

Thanks for that , but I have my own spot for getting gas :D

good way to start the day,,,,,, and come to think of it,..... good way to end it...

My Favorite

post-22124-1255832608_thumb.jpg

===

and for lunch a Pizza Sub on deeeelicious French Bread

post-22124-1255832728_thumb.jpg

====

and just to make the crust just a little better

post-22124-1255832787_thumb.jpg

Hope you have a good day ...... burrrrrp

:)

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Mad Dog pizza is the best I have had around although I haven't tried these Nimman ones yet. I find Mad Dog to be much better than any of the chain places back home, although thats not saying a lot. Mad Dog uses something (crack?) that makes it so tasty so you want more and "need" it occasionally.

I am also waiting for more to "review" this Rustica pizza as I also don't always trust the OP.

Edited by blakegeee

Last Wednesday I tried the Pizza and Pasta "all you can eat" buffet at Gianni de Burchio which is the small Italian restaurant tucked away behind Jack's Van between North Wheels and Woody's on Chaiyaphum Road. It was good but confusing. Confusing, because when I went in there was no sign of the usual tables laden with food as the term buffet usually implies and, having asked for the buffet I was given a menu from which I chose a mixed salad and ordered a small carafe of red (pretty drinkable for 80 baht) wine. There were a couple of other people in there also looking somewhat confused having also expected a traditional buffet but, given it's not a very high traffic kind of place, their solution is both simple and logical - wait until there are some punters and cook the food.

So the good part started when out came a succession of pizzas of various kinds and we all tucked in. When I indicated I was ready to move on, a succession of small but nicely presented pasta dishes were brought to my table - all delicious having been freshly cooked. Regular pasta buffets often require you to stand in line at a cooking station which I think is a bit of a drag, especially if you are dining with friends so I actually enjoyed this better. The people at the next table opted for the pizza only buffet and put away a couple of large ones each before calling it a night and staggering back to their guest house.

They do the buffet on a Wednesday from 7.30 but have pizza deals of some sort advertised on a board outside. The pizzas themselves are thin crust with plenty of topping although I'd prefer them left in the oven a little longer until the base goes even more crispy which I'm sure they'd do if asked.

This place never seems very busy when I pass but judging from my meal and the dishes I saw another customer enjoying, I'd say it deserves more attention and will try it again.

Last Wednesday I tried the Pizza and Pasta "all you can eat" buffet at Gianni de Burchio which is the small Italian restaurant tucked away behind Jack's Van between North Wheels and Woody's on Chaiyaphum Road. It was good but confusing. Confusing, because when I went in there was no sign of the usual tables laden with food as the term buffet usually implies and, having asked for the buffet I was given a menu from which I chose a mixed salad and ordered a small carafe of red (pretty drinkable for 80 baht) wine. There were a couple of other people in there also looking somewhat confused having also expected a traditional buffet but, given it's not a very high traffic kind of place, their solution is both simple and logical - wait until there are some punters and cook the food.

So the good part started when out came a succession of pizzas of various kinds and we all tucked in. When I indicated I was ready to move on, a succession of small but nicely presented pasta dishes were brought to my table - all delicious having been freshly cooked. Regular pasta buffets often require you to stand in line at a cooking station which I think is a bit of a drag, especially if you are dining with friends so I actually enjoyed this better. The people at the next table opted for the pizza only buffet and put away a couple of large ones each before calling it a night and staggering back to their guest house.

They do the buffet on a Wednesday from 7.30 but have pizza deals of some sort advertised on a board outside. The pizzas themselves are thin crust with plenty of topping although I'd prefer them left in the oven a little longer until the base goes even more crispy which I'm sure they'd do if asked.

This place never seems very busy when I pass but judging from my meal and the dishes I saw another customer enjoying, I'd say it deserves more attention and will try it again.

So how much is the buffet, pizza only and the full one?