Pizza Rustica Is The Best Pizza In Chiang Mai!

CLASBYCLAN

A few people I know fell for that line quite a while ago, but were very disappointed when they actually visited Pizza-n-Pasta. I would put it about on par with Paradise Pizza which is in the "OK for Thailand" category.

The Pizza Rusica shop smelled great, but was not much better than Paradise Pizza either.

UG, I have to call you on this one for two reasons, first for a man who very recently say he doesn't "badger" a business ....well you went and did exactly that ! The real kicker is you have never been there in your life, right? Your above post you imply you know something about pizza and pasta through others? May I ask who? You are blasting a place for no good reason ,you somehow feel the need yet you have never been there !

First of all, I have been there and the person that I was with hated the place and did a lot of complaining and he is a real pizza fan. That is who I was refering to in my post.

I thought it was just typical "Thailand pizza", but was certainly disappointed because of all the hype.

I said that it was "OK for Thailand" which is not blasting it, but giving an honest opinion (and giving others information that might save them from going way out of their way because someone on Thai Visa made grandiose claims). I did not say that it was bad, I just said that it was nothing great - like most pizza here.

To be fair, when he first opened, a lot of people say that it was really good, but they all (the ones that I know) changed their minds after going back later. Maybe he has returned to whatever he was doing in the beginning and it is better now, but please do not blame me for being somewhat skeptical after my last experience.

I would put it about on par with Paradise Pizza which is in the "OK for Thailand" category.

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Rustica next to Panna has shut down? or has it moved?

as this thread was about Rustica - and it's not there any more - I was hoping someone, in between all the arguing, might say if it's closed for good or moved? one place it is not is at Punna!

BTW you may hate this but I love the Pizza Company pizzas they deliver and would rate them better than most (not all) I have had in restaurants here

but not as good as the one I had in Rome - but when in Rome etc.

I see Rustica next to Panna has shut down? or has it moved?

as this thread was about Rustica - and it's not there any more - I was hoping someone, in between all the arguing, might say if it's closed for good or moved? one place it is not is at Punna!

BTW you may hate this but I love the Pizza Company pizzas they deliver and would rate them better than most (not all) I have had in restaurants here

but not as good as the one I had in Rome - but when in Rome etc.

"I love the Pizza Company pizzas they deliver and would rate them better than most (not all) I have had in restaurants here "

Unfortunately that is true.

• 4 months later...

Everyone has their own favorite. For me "Street pizza" kalare night bazaar works well with their home-made style. Go check it out!

They open from 6pm til 11pm. (serving without utensil).

Where exactly is this located? Inside / outside? I'm nearby Kalare most nights and have never spotted it.

Just up the road from the Manor, and I found them average to good, but I didn't get the thin crust one I ordered. Pleasant, but nothing to rave about. Sadly my favourite pizza place has closed :)

I agree with Maejo Man. I gave Rustica Pizza a try but found it to just be average.

By far, I prefer the Dukes pizza. I haven't found anything else that really compares. In addition to tasting the best, the price is right and the portions are great. Even the small is HUGE!

Everyone has their own favorite. For me "Street pizza" kalare night bazaar works well with their home-made style. Go check it out!

They open from 6pm til 11pm. (serving without utensil).

Where exactly is this located? Inside / outside? I'm nearby Kalare most nights and have never spotted it.

Inside next to the stage near kalare food center.

Thus far, the Duke's has impressed me with their pizza but tonight I went to Sahara and had a cheese pizza (and for just 99 baht). It was pretty incredible. Thin-crust, didn't skimp on the cheese AT ALL. Seasoned well. I have to say I'm pretty excited to find it, and the price tag is absurd.

Sometimes, I just crave it. Nice to have the option.

So where is this Sahara? Dukes' large pizza is HUGE, enough for two (man and Thai girl) with enough to take home for one more meal.

Where is Pizza and Pasta located? I haven't tried that one yet.

Pizza and Pasta is great pizza. The rest of the stuff on their menu is great.

The best compliment I can give to pizza and pasta is that it would survive and thrive in Boston, which has a very competitive fast food pizza market.

Mr. Chans and Ms Pauline's. True Thai/New Yorkers. Great pizza.

Ate there a few weeks ago - Standard Thai-pizza with stingy topping and under-cooked dough. bah.gif

Get REAL NY-pizza, go a further down Canal rd to the Samoeng intersection and try Pizza & Pasta - BEST

Good pizza indeed, but I think it's closed or they have moved ? Mad dog's is good too, but too small sizes.

Oh, wow, a food thread.

I find the best crispy thin crust lately at Pizza Company, Central Kad Kaew. Personal pan, eye-talian sausage. Go figure.

Ordered one of Pizza Co's new Italian sausage pizza during the promotion. It was better than their regular pizzas. Mot much available for home delivery where we live other than Pizza Co. Now I'm hungary thinking about pizza.

Oh, wow, a food thread.

I find the best crispy thin crust lately at Pizza Company, Central Kad Kaew. Personal pan, eye-talian sausage. Go figure.

Ordered one of Pizza Co's new Italian sausage pizza during the promotion. It was better than their regular pizzas. Mot much available for home delivery where we live other than Pizza Co. Now I'm hungary thinking about pizza.

Why don't you Czech the fridge?

Yes, recycling old jokes. Sorry.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Oh, wow, a food thread.

Most unfortunate but Pizza Company (and Pizza Hut) have taken the thin and crispy off their menus. Must be popular enough. Thai's obviously aren't into it. A crying shame I say.

The thin is now "thin and soggy". Not even close....blink.png

Edited by DaamNaam

Was this ancient thread re-opened to enquire about Rustica or to criticize Pizza Hut & Company? unsure.png

Both. Mainly the "is Rustica still open" bit.

Is their a law against re-opening a thread?

No not at all, thanks for the clarification.

Most unfortunate but Pizza Company (and Pizza Hut) have taken the thin and crispy off their menus. Must be popular enough. Thai's obviously aren't into it. A crying shame I say.

The thin is now "thin and soggy". Not even close....blink.png

It is too bad that they do not have New York crust available like they do in the USA. No one does a decent New York crust here and that is exactly what many of us are looking for. To me, Pizza Hut is too expensive, but not bad (considering where we are) other than the lousy crusts available in Thailand.

• Like 1

Where is Mama Mia's? Is it Italian or American style?

It is in Mae Jo

I am terrible at giving directions but there was a thread here on TV about it with good directions

Just put

18.870991, 99.015473

Into google maps & your starting location for directions

Also here is a website in Thai but good pictures

http://go2askanne.co...sta-chiang-mai/

It is Italian & the owner Joseph is Italian

It is really delicious & hand tossed right there & then

Service is fast & good

Price is incredibly cheap IMHO at 150 baht for a Salami Pizza that will really stuff two normal sized folks

We usually get the pizza & a garden salad big enough for two which comes with a basket of crust pieces like shown on the web link I pasted

& we are stuffed. Total price runs right about 200 baht

Really Nice Folks, Really Clean Restaurant with a nice feel to it.

Highly Recommend

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Where is Mama Mia's? Is it Italian or American style?

It is in Mae Jo

I am terrible at giving directions but there was a thread here on TV about it with good directions

Just put

18.870991, 99.015473

Into google maps & your starting location for directions

Also here is a website in Thai but good pictures

http://go2askanne.co...sta-chiang-mai/

It is Italian & the owner Joseph is Italian

It is really delicious & hand tossed right there & then

Service is fast & good

Price is incredibly cheap IMHO at 150 baht for a Salami Pizza that will really stuff two normal sized folks

We usually get the pizza & a garden salad big enough for two which comes with a basket of crust pieces like shown on the web link I pasted

& we are stuffed. Total price runs right about 200 baht

Really Nice Folks, Really Clean Restaurant with a nice feel to it.

Highly Recommend

Main thing that I didn't like about the place is that they don't refrigerated their beer. On two visits it was the same each time "sorry our refrigerator broken" and the beer was so warm that even adding ice cubes (somehow they do have enough refrideration to be able to keep ice cubes in the shop) was really enough to get it into the right temp range. The pizza wasn't anything to write home about either - for instance a "pizza with sausage" there means "pizza topped with a chopped up hotdog". Overall, it's a very Thai-style Italian place.

Edited by AngelsLariat

Main thing that I didn't like about the place is that they don't refrigerated their beer. On two visits it was the same each time "sorry our refrigerator broken" and the beer was so warm that even adding ice cubes (somehow they do have enough refrideration to be able to keep ice cubes in the shop) was really enough to get it into the right temp range. The pizza wasn't anything to write home about either - for instance a "pizza with sausage" there means "pizza topped with a chopped up hotdog". Overall, it's a very Thai-style Italian place.

You quoted my post so I am assuming you mean Mama Mia's?

If so I would have to disagree 100%

In my opinion

Food is Italian not Thai Style

Drinks are cold enough not to even need ice.

I was there 2 nights ago & many times before

Could there be more than 1 Mama Mia's?

As an aside I nave never in my life heard of beer so warm that ice could not cool it smile.png

Edited by mania