Best Burgers In Pattaya

aussiechick

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped in last night around 9:30 and ordered a cheeseburger for takeaway. The two girls working, both very pleasant, did a very good job in preparing my food. Brought it home, ate it and enjoyed it. It still had a bit of the 'Thai beef' taste, but overall it was good. I do not know if it is the 'best' burger in town, but I have not found anything as good anywhere near that price.

I agree, I don't think you can beat the burger there relative to the price.

Actually...

Stopped into HOWIE'S NIGHTLIFE bar yesterday afternoon. Location: about 5 minute walk past JUST BURGERS- down Jomtien Beach road, half a block before Soi 9. Ordered a cheeseburger (95 baht) and a coke (30 baht). 15 minutes later, I was served.

Burger: good size (just about the same as Just Burgers), well-done (as ordered), pretty darn tasty! Cheese: not bad, but didn't have too much flavor (maybe I'll ask for double cheese next time). Bun: typical sesame seed bun, grilled warm. Small salad: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions (I don't use raw veggies on my burgers, only sauteed mushrooms +/or onions sometimes- so it's a small salad to me). Fries: crispy outside & quite good, quantity size was fine. Thai ketchup, runny & blah- but whadaya gonna do? Coke: cold.

Price: 125 baht- a satisfactory value for what was recieved, as far as I'm concerned...

(PS- Is Jomtien fast-becoming the burger epicenter of Chonburi... or what?)

Edited by Michaelaway

Yeah, but was it grilled? I doubt it.

Doubting it would be correct. It's your right to seek the perfect burger, and maybe this one isn't it for you. I figure we all should eat the foods we like at the restaurants we like. I will go back to Just Burgers again, despite the burger's slight (how to say?) oddness. And, I will go back to Howie's again, despite the non-grilled aspect. Why? Because both places offered "pretty darn tasty" burgers to me, at "pretty darn good prices." So, if we can ever find a better burger, I'll be among the first to try one out. Until then... I'll make do with what's available in the area, perfect or not.

• 1 month later...

It's real easy. You go to Foodland and buy their Cracked Grain bread 60thb. Now you head over to Carrefour where you buy 1 pot of Realmayo 60thb and 1 Heinz Mustard 60thb. Now you pick up 1 chinese cabbage 10thb and 3 tomatoes 6thb. Now buy a 200gr Knuckle steak 60thb and head home.

Bake the Knuckle Steak and cut it into 2mm slices. Put some mayonaise on the bread, add up some steak slices, add up some Mustard and sliced tomatoes and cabbage on top of this. You can also add pickles/onions and cheese if you like.

Now for about 250thb you can make alot of fuc_king burgers which taste 3 times better then any burger sold in this town. They're also 6 times as cheap and 100 times healthier. What else do you want?!

Now for about 250thb you can make alot of fuc_king burgers which taste 3 times better then any burger sold in this town. They're also 6 times as cheap and 100 times healthier. What else do you want?!

A REAL burger! :)

I second that.

@ crypt: Better stay clear off the food forum :D

Definitely NOT Just Burgers in Jomtien. Went at 7.30pm on a weekend evening. No staff. Oh, there she is hiding around the back gossiping to her noodle friend from next door while doing make up and talking on the phone. Err... could you possibly drag yourself away to serve me please? No choice of cheese, egg so runny it was just liquid in the bottom of the basket and the beef was tasteless.

Now I'm not fussy as I'll even eat the odd McDog burger, but as far as flavour and value for money forget Just Burgers.

Boss not there... lousy service.

What is this? I have never seen it is Pattaya, Thailand............Asia!

post-36006-1262304271_thumb.jpg

If only one person could take really good ground beef and make the grilled cheeseburger in the pic and sell it for a decent price, they would be set in terms of business.

If you make it, they will come.......... :)

Definitely NOT Just Burgers in Jomtien.

I ate there three times, always great burgers and prompt service. You must have caught her off-guard!

Possibly, but I'm afraid they won't be given the opportunity by me for a second chance. It wasn't even good enough to even think about that.

I eat there regularly - still not had a bad one!! Even without the boss around.

Lucky you, but yet I'm still to see you write a bad report about anywhere you eat. Maybe you should inform us all when and where you are going so we can tag along and share the good fortune you have :)

Or maybe because my wife is such a good cook my standards are too high...

I eat there regularly - still not had a bad one!! Even without the boss around.

Lucky you, but yet I'm still to see you write a bad report about anywhere you eat. Maybe you should inform us all when and where you are going so we can tag along and share the good fortune you have :)

Or maybe because my wife is such a good cook my standards are too high...

Why would I actually bother writing up a bad report? But as a matter of fact I have mentioned a couple of places not to bother with.

BTW - I am a bloody good cook and I have high expectations of what I eat when out - so I wouldn't order Italian in a Thai restaurant or a steak in a seafood restaurant!

Amazing Thailand! All the Thai-o-philes flocking to the land of smiles looking for that culinary abomination called a hamburger.

Pa-fookin'-thetic

The food Gestapo are here!!!!!

Note to GingGing. Any place selling "beefburgers" is an automatic MISS. The cousins don't get it.