Best Burgers In Pattaya

aussiechick

Didn't Bobs shut down?!?

I found Just Burgers cheeseburger quite OK. Nothing to write home about but good for Thailand. Don't think much of their fries, and they are overpriced.

Thanks and please tell us where to get the best cheeseburger in town. You know, the American burger made with excellent beef grilled over coals. And not costing an arm and leg.

People are funny. They want the imported beef with imported cheese but not willing to pay for the jet fuel that brings it here. The reason it's so hard to get a good burger is because people are not willing to pay the price to support the ongoing viability of the business. So you have to compromise by using local ingredients. It's just simple economics. None of you wanke_rs whining that you can't get a burger like back home are actually willing to pay for the luxury so I think you should just shut up and enjoy what's available.

A real burger just like back home with the imported beef and cheese would probably end up costing 2 or 3 times what the local ingredient burgers cost. So of course you will have a hard time finding that. Anyone doing it ends up going out of business.

Burger King is doing it :) But I understand what you are saying. The cost of imported beef/cheese is high and has to be passed on to customers. I disagree that "none of you wanke_rs whining" will pay extra for top quality. Actually, I disagree but I am not sure what a wanke_r is :) British? But, if you are correct, you go out of business if you use crap beef and you go out of business if you use excellent, imported beef. That is a major problem. Why, oh, why can't Thailand get it together in terms of the quality of its local beef? That would, of course, be one financial solution making good beef cost effective. I have heard about Thai-French beef, both good and bad things.

Oy Vey. Do you see a lot of pastures and cattle farms around? You think there are going to be a lot of ranchers moving to thailand to raise cattle just so a few farangs living in Pattaya can have their beef fix. Also, I'm no rancher but I suspect Thailand is not exactly an ideal place to raise cattle.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also keep hearing that the Hard Rock Cafe does a very good burger (if one is willing to pay the price...something like B 400-500 right?)

It is one of the best in Thailand, but would not be considered very good in America, so not worth the price to me. There are some burgers around that are much cheaper and just as tolerable, but you have to look for them as they are not common.

You seem to know where they are in order to make such a statement so how about giving the locations and prices of these "burgers around". No doubt hard rock has more of a mark up on everything but I'll bet you won't find anything much cheaper or better using the similar quality imported ingredients. Few have the buying power and distribution network of Hard Rock which is also a factor in price. And of course hard rock is not going to go out of business by not selling enough 500baht burgers. Again, basic economics which is apparently a foreign (no pun intended) concept to many of you.

Edited by ES1

I also keep hearing that the Hard Rock Cafe does a very good burger (if one is willing to pay the price...something like B 400-500 right?)

It is one of the best in Thailand, but would not be considered very good in America, so not worth the price to me. There are some burgers around that are much cheaper and just as tolerable, but you have to look for them as they are not common.

You seem to know where they are in order to make such a statement so how about giving the locations and prices of these "burgers around".

Look at the burger threads in the Bangkok and Western food section. There are several places in Bangkok. These places change, but one burger that used to be much much cheaper and just as good as the Hard Rock Cafe was the Big Mango Bar's char-broiled cheeseburger when it was located in Nana Plaza. I have not tried the new location.

Edited by Ulysses G.

You seem to know where they are in order to make such a statement so how about giving the locations and prices of these "burgers around".

Look at the burger threads in the Bangkok and Western food section. There are several places in Bangkok. These places change, but one burger that used to be much much cheaper and just as good as the Hard Rock Cafe was the Big Mango Bar's char-broiled cheeseburger when it was located in Nana Plaza. I have not tried the new location.

Take a look at the title of this thread and ask yourself what "Best burgers in Pattaya" has to do with Bkk.

Edited by ES1

Oy Vey. Do you see a lot of pastures and cattle farms around? You think there are going to be a lot of ranchers moving to thailand to raise cattle just so a few farangs living in Pattaya can have their beef fix. Also, I'm no rancher but I suspect Thailand is not exactly an ideal place to raise cattle.

This is a slight diversion from the topic, but you asked and deserve an answer. Cattle are being raised all over Thailand, but they are originally from India and are mainly Brahman. These cattle are well adapted to the local environment, but the beef they produce is odd to many of us, especially those from Canada, USA or Australia. So, in Isan an experiment is taking place to grow a mixed breed. I have seen both Charolette (sp?), Hereford and Black Angus in Thailand. I think they are cross-breeding them with the local Brahmans, looking to the future market that might evolve. If Thailand could produce some quality beef, they could not only provide the needs of farangs and upscale Thais, they could also possibly export it to Japan and Korea. Time will tell. Right now the Thai beef is crap and I am not sure about the so-called Thai-French beef. Back to the topic: I do like Burger King and they are flying their beef in each day from the West.

This is a slight diversion from the topic, but you asked and deserve an answer. Cattle are being raised all over Thailand, but they are originally from India and are mainly Brahman. These cattle are well adapted to the local environment, but the beef they produce is odd to many of us, especially those from Canada, USA or Australia. So, in Isan an experiment is taking place to grow a mixed breed. I have seen both Charolette (sp?), Hereford and Black Angus in Thailand. I think they are cross-breeding them with the local Brahmans, looking to the future market that might evolve. If Thailand could produce some quality beef, they could not only provide the needs of farangs and upscale Thais, they could also possibly export it to Japan and Korea. Time will tell. Right now the Thai beef is crap and I am not sure about the so-called Thai-French beef. Back to the topic: I do like Burger King and they are flying their beef in each day from the West.

The thai french beef is very good, http://www.kubeef.com, the shop just down from Foodland has it.

Sigh...some day.....Pretty shallow argument there.

To answer this burger king nonsense. If you like to eat that garbage that's up to you but it's probably the worst thing you could possibly consume. The thai one is probably different since they seem to be smaller but most of you will just order 2 to make up for it. 40g of fat. 980mg sodium. That's why it tastes good. Because salty fat tastes good. A heart attack on a bun. Knock yourself out. And how about adding some processed cheese and bacon with that. Yummy.

http://www.bk.com/en...tem1/index.html

I thought this thread was about best burger. Not best salty fat with cow lips and buttholes added for flavor.

Edited by ES1

People are funny. They want the imported beef with imported cheese but not willing to pay for the jet fuel that brings it here. The reason it's so hard to get a good burger is because people are not willing to pay the price to support the ongoing viability of the business. So you have to compromise by using local ingredients. It's just simple economics. None of you wanke_rs whining that you can't get a burger like back home are actually willing to pay for the luxury so I think you should just shut up and enjoy what's available.

It is the everything-in-Thailand-should-be-cheaper-than-back-home crowd that do the most moaning. There are people who are willing to pay for better quality food, but they are far and few between.

Spot on UG. I love a great burger but I only eat three or four a year to be perfectly honest. Maybe I'd manage double that amount if I knew the quality would be there but sadly I don't bother save for a couple of places in Bangers...

For da money, can't really beat BK's Whopper with cheese & bacon. And also the 2x cheese-burger @ B 210.

May as well entomb it in butter and deep fry it as well. Do the job good and proper!whistling.gif

Follow it up with the mighty Scottish delicacy - the Deep Fried Mars Bar, and you should be well on yer way !!:lol:

Ask yourself why Chiang Mai and Phucket and Pnom Penn can have decent burgers at

prices not much higher than local beef but Pattaya can't. I'm pretty sure some places in those cities use imported beef.

I don't totally buy the imported beef is way

more expensive argument. Seems to me local greed is the main factor. Plus a belief that expats here just don't want quality.

Edited by BugJackBaron

A while ago people used to rave about Mo's Burger ( Japanese!) at Central but when I just googled it, one post states its closed down?

MOS Burger is long gone!

I just had a cheeseburger at Just Burgers in Jomtien (on the beach road). It was OK. I will eat there again. The beef did not seem to have fillers and I watched the woman grill it over a fire. You can get BBQ sauce on it and mustard, etc. And it was not very expensive. If you are at the beach, need a burger fix and do not want to go all the way to Burger King in Pattaya, it will do.

A while ago people used to rave about Mo's Burger ( Japanese!) at Central but when I just googled it, one post states its closed down?

MOS Burger is long gone!

Yep gone and it was the only decent burger i ever had in Thailand....BTW I am not an expert of burgers but have tried a few

MOS Burger is long gone!

Yep gone and it was the only decent burger i ever had in Thailand....BTW I am not an expert of burgers but have tried a few

They still exist in Bangkok but I wouldn't call them decent - they have that peculiar Japanese fast-food taste.. For a quick fast food burger it

is not so bad though,.

I thought MOS Burgers were OK, but nothing to get exited about.

Anybody tried The Cable Grill across from the police stand in Jomtien? Right by where the old KFC used to be.

Better try it soon. It is flopping big time. To me its annoying that they rip off the San Francisco theme and offer NOTHING that is the slightest bit San Franciscan.

So, after stumbling on to this thread because I ran away from BKK, is this Just Burger place still open and is it 'still' any good? I am staying at the end of Jomtien Beach rd, so jumping into the car and heading up to Soi8 would not be a big deal.

Getting a very good burger would really make my day.

So, after stumbling on to this thread because I ran away from BKK, is this Just Burger place still open and is it 'still' any good? I am staying at the end of Jomtien Beach rd, so jumping into the car and heading up to Soi8 would not be a big deal.

Yes, it is still there and I still enjoy them.

AC

AC

Excellent. Thanks.

AC

Excellent. Thanks.

So I went and tried this place and not impressed at all. Meat was dry and tasted like it was filled with sawdust. After cooking burger was kinda small. Menu says 1/3 pound which of course means before cooking. I'm skeptical of that. Burgers did not look all that big before cooking and major shrinkage after. I would say it's probably the worst burger I've ever had in Thailand. Granted, I rarely eat burgers in Thailand. Still, not worth the price imho. Whoever started this thread shilling for this place owes me 89baht. And here are a couple pictures of the place taken from my crappy cell phone camera. Everyone who said it's within the range of ok to great doesn't know what they are talking about or they are just shilling for the place. Save yourself the time and money. Trust me.

post-96249-0-29913900-1319283366_thumb.j

post-96249-0-77361800-1319283584_thumb.j

Edited by ES1

Man oh man the garbage I read on these forums. So I went and tried this place and not impressed at all. Meat was dry and tasted like it was filled with sawdust. I would say it's probably the worst burger I've ever had in Thailand. Granted, I rarely eat burgers in Thailand. Still, not worth the price imho. Whoever started this thread shilling for this place owes me 89baht. And here are a couple pictures of the place taken from my crappy cell phone camera. Everyone who said it's within the range of ok to great doesn't know what they are talking about or they are just shilling for the place. Save yourself the time and money. Trust me.

Interesting that you did not post a pic of the burgers. You did post a pic showing two customers who, I suppose, are "shilling for the place." I have no idea what "shilling" means, but my guess is that it is some sort of insult. I am also guessing that you are a vegetarian who is on some crusade against burger lovers :) IMHO, Just Burgers is OK and better than McDonald's.

Man oh man the garbage I read on these forums. So I went and tried this place and not impressed at all. Meat was dry and tasted like it was filled with sawdust. I would say it's probably the worst burger I've ever had in Thailand. Granted, I rarely eat burgers in Thailand. Still, not worth the price imho. Whoever started this thread shilling for this place owes me 89baht. And here are a couple pictures of the place taken from my crappy cell phone camera. Everyone who said it's within the range of ok to great doesn't know what they are talking about or they are just shilling for the place. Save yourself the time and money. Trust me.

Interesting that you did not post a pic of the burgers. You did post a pic showing two customers who, I suppose, are "shilling for the place." I have no idea what "shilling" means, but my guess is that it is some sort of insult. I am also guessing that you are a vegetarian who is on some crusade against burger lovers :) IMHO, Just Burgers is OK and better than McDonald's.

Just came back from Just Burgers. I thought it was quite alright. A VERY good burger, maybe not, but worth my while and 105 baht for a Cheeseburger was not bad. My wife had the Bacon Burger, 130, which she liked. The fries were very nice and they had real mayo. Justin was not there, just woman cooking.

Patty not too dry, but could have been cooked a little less and the buns were good. General impression of the place was positive, too. I like this kind of set up. Open, bar, fan, street, parking. Justin will be back on the 28th or so.

The end of the meal was a little ruined by the garbage truck across the street stinking up the place and of course they had to sort the filth. :bah: That sucked. The woman there was very friendly.