Renewal I Year Retirement Visa

:) help please check list .retirement Visa I have had one for many years

1/ i have the validation of my income by my consul ok

2/ have 'static' amount in bank need letter from bank can do ok

3/ have bank books showing monthly income + no worries. ok to copy at immigration?

4/ residence [always used wifes info can still do that if problem

but i do have the original lease contract Thai and English [many years to go]

was thinking of useing this document [advice please ] to acknowledge the fact i have one

never presented this befor but i think its ok to do, any one done a lease presentationas well as above

advise thanks girls and boys riley 76

Applying for renewal of 12 month extension of stay based on retirement you will need 800k in Thai bank for 3 months prior to application (with supporting bank letter and copy of passbook) OR 65k/month income (with supporting embassy letter if income is from abroad) OR a combination of the two (requires no bank seasoning).

You will need completed application form TM7, recent passport sized photo and copy of passport. A map to you residence might be asked for together with some proof of living there such as rent receipt/lease but that should be all. Looks pretty much like you've got your papers together. You will need a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay alive if you plan to travel within the next year.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

Edited by thaiphoon

Applying for renewal of 12 month extension of stay based on retirement you will need 800k in Thai bank for 3 months prior to application (with supporting bank letter and copy of passbook) OR 65k/month income (with supporting embassy letter if income is from abroad) OR a combination of the two (requires no bank seasoning).

You will need completed application form TM7, recent passport sized photo and copy of passport. A map to you residence might be asked for together with some proof of living there such as rent receipt/lease but that should be all. Looks pretty much like you've got your papers together. You will need a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay alive if you plan to travel within the next year.

Thaiphoon post thanks good concise post but i just wanted to know how. or if i should present my original lease doc I still reside there i am known as a friednof Phuket in the imm but il wing it riley76

When I get my letter from the British Embassy confirming my pension amount, they always put my Bangkok address on the letter and I have never been asked to further substantiate the address either at Suan Plu or last month at Chang Wattana

When I get my letter from the British Embassy confirming my pension amount, they always put my Bangkok address on the letter and I have never been asked to further substantiate the address either at Suan Plu or last month at Chang Wattana

As you say, the embassy letter shows your address which is accepted by immigration. If going bank balance route, the letter from the bank is addressed to immigration, so immigration sometimes ask for further evidence of where you are staying.

As you say, the embassy letter shows your address which is accepted by immigration. If going bank balance route, the letter from the bank is addressed to immigration, so immigration sometimes ask for further evidence of where you are staying.

Thaihoon == Yes at last thanks it was what i was looking for will dash and do it

Done in a day chiangmai was so quick less than an hour,but i am a friend of chiangmai

wish we could have the same here and SOS

no complaints about phuket imm though

checkin 90 days 15 mins

Hi,

Since 1 year I have an retirement visa and my wife (also Dutch) has also (dependent one). Within a couple of weeks I have to renew our visa and I went to the Phuket immigration office to verify all required documents.

I spoke with a guy from the tourist Police who are woking there to assist people.

I told him that we have to renew our visa and that we have the following documents already:

1. Official letter from embassy about my monthly pension from government (>65,000 baht).

2. Official extract from marriage registration needed for dependent visa of my wife.

Than he came up with a very confusing message: " There is no thing as a dependent visa anymore, they skipped that."

We have both to apply for a separate visa, meaning that we have to present a letter that my wife also has an income of 65,000 baht (which of course she does not have)

I couldn't believe my ears.

That means that marriage does not mean a thing anymore, although my wife depends on me.

I could not believe that this was true what he was telling me

Reading through the emails though I am very confused, because it seems that it is still possible the way it was done last year.

Could anybody, who applied for such visa at Phuket lately, reassure me that it is still possible.

thanks in advance

Hans

Why would you listen to a tourist policeman, he knows less than you about immigration requirement.

Good luck

I believe that in this case the policeman was correct, and that married couples now need a separate extension each.

There has been no change.

You get the extension for retirement and your Wife gets the extension as your dependant.

2.20 In the case of a family

member of an alien who has been permitted temporary

stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17,

2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of

his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

Why would you listen to a tourist policeman, he knows less than you about immigration requirement.

Good luck

I believe that in this case the policeman was correct, and that married couples now need a separate extension each.

And what makes you believe that?

I ask because it was an issue several years ago because of wording in the original Immigration act but every directive since then has included retirement as a valid reason. And the current Police Order 777/2551 section 2.20 clearly allows it. Have you seen a newer order that does not allow?

As such non allowance has major implications as not only double the money involved those with a spouse less than 50 years old have no option to remain in Thailand.

Hi Lite Beer and Lopburi 13,

thanks or your reply!!

It indeed seems to me that nothing has changed and it is still allows my wife to get her dependent retirement visa. Let us hope so when I am actually applying next week, because you never know with immigration rules!!!

If there is somebody on this forum, who has applied lately for a retirement visa at Phuket immigration and received it and is in the same situation like me (having a Non Thai Spouse) would you be so kind to let me know.

Thanks in advance

Hans

Just renewed my retirement extention with no problems whatsoever. Never have had to prove my address. What annoys me is this - British Consulate in Jomtien charge for proof of finance letter is ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY BAHT.. Cost of letter from Bank is only 100 Bt. How can the Consulate justify such an exorbitant amount, considering they use a template?

Just renewed my retirement extention with no problems whatsoever. Never have had to prove my address. What annoys me is this - British Consulate in Jomtien charge for proof of finance letter is ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY BAHT.. Cost of letter from Bank is only 100 Bt. How can the Consulate justify such an exorbitant amount, considering they use a template?

Yes, all Brits agree, any letter from the Consulate's whatever they have to confirm results in extortionate costs, In order to avoid those charges I have for some years ensured that the deposit with my Thai bank exceeds the requested 800K baht.

The annual letter from the bank confirming the sum of the deposit costs 100 baht, and that letter together with copies of your bank books which must of course confirm the figures in the bank's letter, is all than one needs in financial terms, to renew the annual retirement visa

However, if one has to rely on confirming one's monthly income, then a visit to the consulate is unavoidable, Brown at No 10, and Darling at No 11, will be delighted with the additional cash inflow into the exchequer, thus to enable the two Scots to keep their support for the RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) alive.

Consulates/ Embassies used to be there to assist you, that was their purpose now they are a business and profit motivated. Many functions,which they should undertake, are now outsourced ,for example obtaining visas to Australia for your spouse etc you are interviewed and processed by Thai's who are on, presumably, miserable wages. For a standard letter the charge should be no more than 100 baht. Bleeding disgraceful ! I hope you let them know your displeasure AFTER you got hhe letter.

Be grateful that Thai banks charge such a small fee. Foreign consulates use a rate table given them by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their home country, and Thai consulates also have a regulated tariff. At the honorary consulate in Zurich, Switzerland, I paid CHF 40 ( equivalent to a little over 1,200 Baht), for the authentification of my signature on a document.

The Swiss embassy in Thailand currently charges THB 1,320 for "certification / legalisation" of a signature:

http://www.eda.admin.ch/etc/medialib/downl...nuebersicht.pdf

--

Maestro

Hi Lite Beer and Lopburi 13,

thanks or your reply!!

It indeed seems to me that nothing has changed and it is still allows my wife to get her dependent retirement visa. Let us hope so when I am actually applying next week, because you never know with immigration rules!!!

If there is somebody on this forum, who has applied lately for a retirement visa at Phuket immigration and received it and is in the same situation like me (having a Non Thai Spouse) would you be so kind to let me know.

Thanks in advance

Hans

I went yesterday to the immigration office in Phuket and had no problems what so ever. I got my " extension for stay based on retirement" just showing letter of embassy that my monthly income from government was sufficient and my wife got her dependent one.

So the info from the volunteer of tourist police mentioning that we both have to apply and show both sufficient income and that dependent option for my wife was not possible anymore turns out to be a big hoax, but it spoiled the last week being worried that my wife could not get her permission to stay.

As we already discussed on this thread Actually nothing has been changed!!!!!

Applying for renewal of 12 month extension of stay based on retirement you will need 800k in Thai bank for 3 months prior to application (with supporting bank letter and copy of passbook)

I have a rather large bank account, but HSBC doesn't provide a passbook. When I got my initial "retirement visa", they accepted bank statements for 3 months. Do I assume correctly that that is an acceptable alternative to a bank passbook (along with a letter from the bank)?

Hi Thaiphoon,

What exactly do you mean with "no bank seasoning" if you use the combination of the two options (monthly income andmoney on bank account). Do you just need to show the missing amount to match the 800 K on day you apply for you "extension of stay based on retirement" at the immigration office? So no 3 months before untouched!!

Thanks

Hans

Yes, no seasoning period required for using the combination method. So if, for example, your income was 50k a month that equates to 600k per annum, and you would need at least 200k in bank account when you apply for extension of stay (with income letter from embassy and bank letter confirming account balance).

Yes, no seasoning period required for using the combination method. So if, for example, your income was 50k a month that equates to 600k per annum, and you would need at least 200k in bank account when you apply for extension of stay (with income letter from embassy and bank letter confirming account balance).

Thanks Thaiphoon for your info.

Do you explicitely need a bank letter with shows the last account balance or can I also bring my bank book and give them a copy?

regards

Hans

Suggest take with you and provide if they ask for it. My view is not to give immigration more than is necessary.

Was at the Royal Thai Immigration Office in Jomtein today and was in and out in less than 5 minutes for my O-A Retirement visa renewal.

I WAS asked for a copy of my rental agreement. I only needed ONE copy of Bank of Siam passbook, passport, photo, bank letter, embassy letter, etc., etc. This was my second renewal and it was a no hassle morning for sure! :-)

What you got was an annual extension based on retirement, not an O-A visa renewal. That is also my experience at Jomtien, one copy only.

If you really had a renewed O-A visa, you could do a visa run and receive an additional one year stay (you can't) or if qualifying based on bank account the funds would not need to be in a Thai bank (they do). You have the exact same status of extension that people who never got an O-A have.

Edited by Jingthing

There has been no change.

You get the extension for retirement and your Wife gets the extension as your dependant.

2.20 In the case of a family

member of an alien who has been permitted temporary

stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17,

2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of

his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

Does anybody knows if there is any additional requirements for an alien dependant from another alien, apart from been a "first grade" member of the family as mentioned above? Like for example, will this dependant be required to show his own funds or other stuff? Thanks a million!

So the joint method of income + Bank deposit means the bank money can have been put into the bank the day before you go to renew your extension to stay .have i read this correct Thanks.