Best Dividend Growth Stocks

Oh I did find one more company that has seen consistant growth in its dividend over the last 5 years. SC Asset management. Dividend increased consistently from Bt0.4 to Bt0.9. PE about 5x yield 8% and run by a Shinawatra.

the problem i see is that one invests in a corporation which only manages but does not possess any assets.

Well strictly speaking that is known as 'investment management' an extremely profitable business. In recent years it has been renamed 'hedge fund management' to revitalize the profit model so that no more than 3 to 5 years are needed to acquire a company jet

I always find the concept of investing in debt - which is generally regarded as a gift that never needs to be repaid in Thailand - and whose interest is occasionally repaid out of goodwill if more gifts are forthcoming, is a far more generous gesture in general.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always find the concept of investing in debt - which is generally regarded as a gift that never needs to be repaid in Thailand - and whose interest is occasionally repaid out of goodwill if more gifts are forthcoming, is a far more generous gesture in general.

an excellent example for your claim is "G-Steel", Rayong. but i shamefully admit that i bought "TRUE" 10.375% - 2014, USY31939AC85 a year ago for 48 and sold it in december for 99.875 plus accrued interest :)

an excellent example for your claim is "G-Steel", Rayong. but i shamefully admit that i bought "TRUE" 10.375% - 2014, USY31939AC85 a year ago for 48 and sold it in december for 99.875 plus accrued interest :)

There is no need to be ashamed - just dont complain when you dont get your 77 virgins in heaven. And remember that somewhere behind all these things you can probably find KFW which has say lent US$200m for a US$120m German industrial order, so it might be possible that your gains are being partially matched by subsidy payments to them in the form of taxes. (I recognize you might well not pay any significant taxes to anyone if you live in Thailand and this is probably not your fault as they refuse to ask for any.) Bottom line though is that I think you should write off any expectations of virtually unlimited virgins in your future life (and IMHO this something of a blessing).

Since the topic of this thread is dividend stocks, what is the taxation situation for farang in Thailand who hold ownership of Thai stocks???

Both on the dividends themselves, and on any capital gains???? Both taxation by Thailand, and potentially by one's home country...

I know Thai bank account interest has a 15% automatic withholding. But dunno about how stocks are treated here...

In the States, all my stock holdings are within an IRA account, so I don't have any tax implications for those at present. But no IRAs here, that I'm aware of.

BTW, someone above mentioned opening an SCB account for online trading in the SET...

Any recommendations for the best value/account in an online trading platform here, especially for someone just getting started in the Thai market???

There is no need to be ashamed - just dont complain when you dont get your 77 virgins in heaven. And remember that somewhere behind all these things you can probably find KFW which has say lent US$200m for a US$120m German industrial order, so it might be possible that your gains are being partially matched by subsidy payments to them in the form of taxes. (I recognize you might well not pay any significant taxes to anyone if you live in Thailand and this is probably not your fault as they refuse to ask for any.) Bottom line though is that I think you should write off any expectations of virtually unlimited virgins in your future life (and IMHO this something of a blessing).

when you are my age you wouldn't want to handle a single virgin let alone a multiple :D by the way "TRUE" is thai. i doubt very much that KfW had anything to do with the recovery last year.

when you are my age you wouldn't want to handle a single virgin let alone a multiple :) by the way "TRUE" is thai. i doubt very much that KfW had anything to do with the recovery last year.

Even though they keep on changing their name, I do realize that True is Thai. However KFW certainly has lent large sums to them in the past and is now in the lucky position of even being a major shareholder after a debt for equity swap.

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1...-true-corp.html

Not a great link but it was about the first one.

when you are my age you wouldn't want to handle a single virgin let alone a multiple :) by the way "TRUE" is thai. i doubt very much that KfW had anything to do with the recovery last year.

Even though they keep on changing their name, I do realize that True is Thai. However KFW certainly has lent large sums to them in the past and is now in the lucky position of even being a major shareholder after a debt for equity swap.

Not a great link but it was about the first one.

the link is good enough for me. without i wouldn't have believed and even. now i will investigate further, perhaps -depending on the details of KfW involvement- i buy back.

"The German development bank KfW, another major True shareholder, did not purchase additional shares."

Since the topic of this thread is dividend stocks, what is the taxation situation for farang in Thailand who hold ownership of Thai stocks???

Both on the dividends themselves, and on any capital gains???? Both taxation by Thailand, and potentially by one's home country...

I know Thai bank account interest has a 15% automatic withholding. But dunno about how stocks are treated here...

In the States, all my stock holdings are within an IRA account, so I don't have any tax implications for those at present. But no IRAs here, that I'm aware of.

BTW, someone above mentioned opening an SCB account for online trading in the SET...

Any recommendations for the best value/account in an online trading platform here, especially for someone just getting started in the Thai market???

I cant speak for your home country but ,in Thailand, there is no further personal income tax to pay on dividends after the company has deducted the required 10% withholding tax and, you are not required to declare dividends (from stock market traded companies) on any tax return. There is no capital gains tax for any gains on shares providing they are disposed of on the stock market as opposed to an "off market" transaction, (a distinction that caught out the former major shareholder of AIS)

Edited by wordchild

Amongst others I like....

KCE - should make Bt145m in 4Q well ahead of its forecast of Bt100m. Should make Bt600m this year against consensus of Bt450m. Current trading at BV and slightly less than 4x PE. Target Bt9.

STA - usually makes a seasonal loss in 4Q but will report a profit of Bt200m+. Trading 30% below BV and on less than 4x 2009 earnings. Probably worth Bt40+.

Both these stocks still look interesting. KCE hasnt really moved but made Bt162m in 4Q basically its whole profit for the year. The statement that accompanied the results is well worth a read. It is not only written in a professional manner in a different class to other companies but it basically hints that 4Q profits set the tone for this years results. Should make Bt600m, PE a little over 4x but read the statement, fund managers will be very impressed by the professional tone.

STA blew forecasts out of the window making virtually Bt11/share eps and the price has risen sharply (+25%). Still it is still only trading at BV of Bt32. About half the earnings are exceptional, currency gain and inventory revaluation reversal but they are expecting 25%+ core growth. This is a great not so little company - it made over Bt2bn net profit. They are keen to payout cash from their associate so dividend should be a minimum of Bt3/share (although they havent yet decided it.)