A Slice Of Pai

getgoin

Pai does have some character, different from other places I have been in Thailand. Its not really my kind of place though... its just a villiage in Thailand. Yes they have hilltribe people but so do most other villiages in northern Thailand. A few years ago there was a property boom, people investing loads of money. Big bubble about to burst, probably has already. At the end of the day Pai is just a little villiage, nothing special.. they have a river (so what), hot springs (muddy puddle smells like bad eggs have to pay money to go there, waters so toxic it turns silver black and silver is meant to be an inert non reactive metal, cant imagine its healthy although some hippies think so), theres a canyon... thats pretty cool... (send me a post card). Lots of pubs with bands and bohemian hippie types.. Trust-a-farians (rastafarians with trust funds, plus regular losers, some nice people too... but the feeling of the place is a bit eletist if you dont have the right hippie clothes you arent IN. Many rude isralies and apparently the local muslim community is being forced out, land prices forced many locals out of town and now the land they sold 10 years ago is worth 100 times what they sold for.

If you dont have the right hippie clothes you arnt in / Rude Isralis.

With respect this is the greatest load of nonsense I have read for a long time. If you dont like it dont go ,the rest of us can enjoy Pai in peace