Music Styles

O.K. So what music do you like?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sounds pretty limiting. I listen to rock from all five decades its been around, swing, jazz, big band, blues, classical, disco, new wave, punk, country (the older stuff not this "new country" which is a pop singer in a cowboy hat), techno/trance, folk, tribal, etc.

Easier to say that I don't listen to:

-Anyone who has been on Popstars, American Idol, or any clone of those shows.

-Opera.

-Most rap music. (Respect the art but I'm a white boy from the prairies.I just don't get it :o )

-Reggae. Ex-landlord was a very bad reggae singer who ruined it for me.

I never got those people who say "I only listen to _________." That's like saying you only eat one certain food. Miss so much in life that way.

Now what shall it be? Patsy Cline? Duane Eddy? Vanessa Mae? Herb Alpert? Rush? Flock of Seagulls? Red Rider?

cv

Everything goes, boring but true as it depends on the moment. PLEASE HELP ME, who is singing the chorus ba ba ba bye bye, sha la la la lai ?? Title or band?

Thanks in advance for a quick answer

:o

Sounds pretty limiting. I listen to rock from all five decades its been around, swing, jazz, big band, blues, classical, disco, new wave, punk, country (the older stuff not this "new country" which is a pop singer in a cowboy hat), techno/trance, folk, tribal, etc.

Easier to say that I don't listen to:

-Anyone who has been on Popstars, American Idol, or any clone of those shows.

-Opera.

-Most rap music. (Respect the art but I'm a white boy from the prairies.I just don't get it :D )

-Reggae. Ex-landlord was a very bad reggae singer who ruined it for me.

I never got those people who say "I only listen to _________." That's like saying you only eat one certain food. Miss so much in life that way.

Now what shall it be? Patsy Cline? Duane Eddy? Vanessa Mae? Herb Alpert? Rush? Flock of Seagulls? Red Rider?

cv

All of the above in the poll are tedious nonsense and NOT music.

Hence your name :o

Well I knew it would gets some responses for music I left out. Yes, I did lump some together. More so Pop I would include 80's in that. By the way Britmav, If you read the forums there is only one about a club. Least its not boring like yours. :D

Anyway, yes it is more directed to the dance music scene. They tend to be the peeps who go out at night. Never hear of peeps saying "Oh wow, at xxx club they got this real cool dj playing Opera." LOL

Think if you put all genres in prob be more than 20 titles. Hence, why I said peeps could add their own.

I can listen to most any genre barring country, and jazz (maybe a little), but am not really concerned who's singing or what genre as long as the tune is there. Pink Floyd will always be top of the tree for me and anyone who knocks them has never fully listened to them or doesn't know a lot about music.

Don’t see much Soul in this list, brother.

And that RnB – you talkin’ Old School or New School?

What about Jazz? Now don’t tell me you can’t dance to Jazz.

Or Salsa – or any other Latin American?

Also no 80’s? There’s a whole lotta leg shakin’ goin’ on with those Wham singles.

I think you needs a musical education, bro’.

Don’t see much Soul in this list, brother.

And that RnB – you talkin’ Old School or New School?

What about Jazz? Now don’t tell me you can’t dance to Jazz.

Or Salsa – or any other Latin American?

Also no 80’s? There’s a whole lotta leg shakin’ goin’ on with those Wham singles.

I think you needs a musical education, bro’.

An' Rasta music - where dat?

Gimme tear-jerker Issan Music anytime!

Called "Maw Laam" มาวลาม.

Kick back and listen to that pooying wail it out while having a few Changs...it don't get no better! :D

second that, nothing more fun then sitting with the inlaws, kicking back a few and listening to them singing and playing guitar for me :o

break beats - drum & bass - progressive house - hip hop - alternatives

BTW, DJ Nomad if you were able to play Fatboy Slim (Norman Cook) audio in the club that night would be awesome.

Explorer  :o

Tell me about it. LOL. Was really happy the video projector was working but apparently they are STILL waiting for the sound problem fixed from computer to mixer. I love that VCD got it on DVD in Oz too. Big Beach Boutique II its called. Great sized crowd. THanx for popping in. Hope you had a good night.

Cheers and Beers

Carl

I know I am in the minority here, I listen mostly to emo (punk's second cousin with thoughtful glasses and ironic t-shirts.)

A few of the things I like I have found in Thailand, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand and some Radiohead. Much of the music here is not really to my taste. I find that if you can't dance to it, it's not a love ballad or Hotel California it is just not around.

Mostly, I get my music off of the Internet and learn to appreciate other stuff I wouldn't listen to otherwise.

I didn't vote. Like many people i enjoy many different types of music from the 60,s up. Many different styles. Rock/pop/a little jazz/ Rap. The list goes on. Maybe an (all of the above) would have been good in your poll. Just a thought!

Trance/Techno mainly, but I try to spend much time listening to all genres. When driving around Bangkok I'm mainly listening to Metropolis 107! (This is largely down to all the other stations being complete pap)

"Dislike" is slowly turning into "Can't Stand" regarding Hip-Hop I'm afraid. Reckon this is down to the way it's been milked in clubs around Bangkok.

Mr Fart, I can play piano to grade 7 Associated Board standard, and I obviously disagree with what you said about Techno. We all have our likes/dislikes etc.

(Don't ask me to play now though - haven't had a decent bash on a piano for nearly 4 years now!)

Edit - By "Techno", I don't mean that high-tempo <deleted> that you hear in some go-go bars...

Edited by Insight

"House (all genres), Trance,  Techno,  Tech House,  Drum'n'Bass,  Rave,  Hip Hop, Garage"

Is there a difference between these styles? :o

I prefer jazz and progressive rock. Love Frank Zappa! :D

Catholic girls scream when they cum....

Titties and beer

Ah. Old Frank. A legend that man.

hard loud guitar rock and electric jazz from the seventies and eighties.

neil young , pink floyd , jeff beck , zappa , miles davis , weather report , little feat .

some of the best stuff , and stuff that i never tire of listening to comes from zappa , bob dylan and pink floyd.

for slightly quieter moments , brian ferry , brian eno , jj cale , leonard cohen , bob dylan , and early john mayall.

the mention of ian dury brought back happy memories of dingwalls in camden lock and the and great sweaty gigs by ian dury and the blockheads and also dr. feelgood.

happy nights indeed.

Edited by taxexile

Pr'ly have one of the best vinyl colections in SE Asia, The Who learnt to play in my village hall, I inspired Lennon to write Imagine, Cliff Richard used to visit my next door neighbour (cousin), I taught Sarah Brightman's sister to French kiss, my sister's ex-boyfriend was founder member of Pickety Witch, had a relationship with a concert pianist (HK Phil) - not too sure wot to vote for!

Oh yeh - but pretty sure it's not that Issan concert stuff!

Edited by pnustedt

I like most styles of music and i have a varied range of music at home and in the car. (including about 600 dance 12" from the early 90's still in my Dads garage).

But I can't stand some Rap crap, Rasta stuff and cheesy boy/girl bands and eurotrashy dance stuff.

:o