If Your Moto Goes Missing

FarangBuddha

I saw this afternoon the BIBs were getting their kicks rounding up loads of motorbikes parked in red-striped zones and loading them onto the back of their trucks :) They usually concentrate on Beach, 2nd road, South Pattaya, and Bua Kaow when they get in these moods so if you are parking a moto in these areas, keep clear of the no parking zones, especially the ones near busy intersections and the aforementioned roads.

Yeah they really are being a pain in the arse on South Pattaya Road outside the Kasikorn Bank across from Soi Buakow

since they implemented the stupid odd and even day no parking restrictions.

These clowns are stopping lots and lots of motorbikes checking licence, bike tax and registration etc

be especially carefull on market days when they set up the barriers to stop you turning right out of Soi Buakow

they will nab you for sure.

The trafic flow is now at least as bad as it was without the parking restrictions but now the BIB have a nice new revenue :)

Indeed the odd and even day parking must have been the brainchild of a complete wacko.The days that you have to park at the side of kasikorn bank is a disaster as that side is almost completely non parking zone and busstops however there are no buses.

The police bashing gets real old. I guess you'd prefer a real police-state like the UK or USA. Go back and then you'll really find something to complain about...

OH YES! ANOTHER ONE OF THE " IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY BRIGADE" DON"T YOU JUST LOVE THEM! , UK a police state ?, well at least it has an independent police complaints commission and sets up anti corruption squads to investigate police corruption, I remember when Toxin was primeminister in LOS he actually said that he didn't mind a bit of financial police corruption as long as it didn't involve drugs as the police were poorly paid and needed to supplement their incomes, say's it all really.

The police bashing gets real old. I guess you'd prefer a real police-state like the UK or USA. Go back and then you'll really find something to complain about...

OH YES! ANOTHER ONE OF THE " IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY BRIGADE" DON"T YOU JUST LOVE THEM! , UK a police state ?, well at least it has an independent police complaints commission and sets up anti corruption squads to investigate police corruption, I remember when Toxin was primeminister in LOS he actually said that he didn't mind a bit of financial police corruption as long as it didn't involve drugs as the police were poorly paid and needed to supplement their incomes, say's it all really.

If you bothered to read the initial post, it was a complaint regarding illegally parked motorbikes. Not one word about corruption.

If you bothered to read the initial post, it was a complaint regarding illegally parked motorbikes. Not one word about corruption.

Exactly... enough of the arguments and references to police states in other countries... back on topic please.

I for one being a car driver am very happy to see the BIB enforcing the laws on S Pattaya Rd. Those of you lamenting no longer being able to park your bikes illegally should think twice about your comments.

What irritates me about the police attitude to motorcycles and their riders is that they take no action whatsoever about all the cars that double park and cause far more disruption to traffic flow. As for the alternate day parking restrictions, have you walked down Walking Street around 5-6pm? No parking on whichever side the ban applies but 2 rows of cars, pick-ups, trucks on the other side! BiB drive through.........no action! Now, if I left my bike in the middle of the road................. :)

I for one being a car driver am very happy to see the BIB enforcing the laws on S Pattaya Rd. Those of you lamenting no longer being able to park your bikes illegally should think twice about your comments.

i agree, i drive car and motorbike but i think its a good thing

the traffic flows better and faster on Pattaya Thai

theres plenty of parking now in the temple for car drivers to compensate for loss on the street

the cones on market day out of soi bukhaeow on market day directing flow only up the street is a big help too

as to being stopped by the police, wear a helmet, carry a copy of your passport and licence, make sure the bike is ok and legal

wheres the problem?

i personally have never been fined/tea money'd here for something i did not do wrong.

if they restricted songthaews to working only one day at a time using their odd/even registration number that would be good too

there would be half the buses on the road and those that were working on their designated day would be busy earning instead of being one of hundreds of empty baht buses running around belching out diesel fumes and wasting their time and money

now if only they would start charging the non shopping car parkers in Tops car park like they do in Friendship.......

theres plenty of parking now in the temple for car drivers to compensate for loss on the street

erm not at the moment... they are having a temple fair at Wat Chai for the run up to Loy Krathong so there is no parking at the temple, there is parking at the school number 8 across the road.

I wonder why the multistorey car park that they built right in front of Center Condo ( blockng the view for 6 floors )

is never used ???

post-2109-1256876242_thumb.jpg post-2109-1256876254_thumb.jpg

erm not at the moment... they are having a temple fair at Wat Chai for the run up to Loy Krathong so there is no parking at the temple, there is parking at the school number 8 across the road.

I wonder why the multistorey car park that they built right in front of Center Condo ( blockng the view for 6 floors )

is never used ???

post-2109-1256876242_thumb.jpg post-2109-1256876254_thumb.jpg

au contraire my friend......

the multi storey and the parking area surrounding it was open for business yesterday

there were many cars parked inside

the charge was 20baht

The area in front of the Kasikornbank on South Pattaya is a non-parking area and has nothing to do with the new odd-and-even rule along South Pattaya Road.

As soon as you spot red-and-white striped edges of sidewalks: don't park there! Parking is prohibited. Yellow-and-white striped areas: Parking for (un)loading is permitted.

I parked my moto on a yellow/white area just along from TukCom to pop in there and use an ATM (as you can never find a free spot to park your bike anywhere around the store - they are all taken by the workers!). There were lots of other bikes around. Returned 10 minutes later to find it just being hoisted onto the back of a pick-em-up truck. Took me an hour and a half, several motorbike taxis and a 400 baht fine to get it back. I asked the policeman at the fines desk in the police station (in Thai) what exactly the yellow and white stripes meant - he replied that it meant you could park for a short time. He just laughed when I tried to point out just how short 10 minutes was.

Yeah they really are being a pain in the arse on South Pattaya Road outside the Kasikorn Bank across from Soi Buakow

since they implemented the stupid odd and even day no parking restrictions.

These clowns are stopping lots and lots of motorbikes checking licence, bike tax and registration etc

be especially carefull on market days when they set up the barriers to stop you turning right out of Soi Buakow

they will nab you for sure.

The trafic flow is now at least as bad as it was without the parking restrictions but now the BIB have a nice new revenue :)

I have a healthy disrespect for the local traffic police too, but can you call them clowns just for doing their job?

I think taking bikes away that are parked illegally is a good idea. If you watch where you park you'll never have a problem.

Licence and registration checking is just a normal duty for traffic police. Nothinig wrong with that.

Indeed the odd and even day parking must have been the brainchild of a complete wacko.The days that you have to park at the side of kasikorn bank is a disaster as that side is almost completely non parking zone and busstops however there are no buses.

I think it's a very fair system which works well in Walking Street. It gives all vendors equal opportunity while keeping the road more open for traffic.

What irritates me about the police attitude to motorcycles and their riders is that they take no action whatsoever about all the cars that double park and cause far more disruption to traffic flow. As for the alternate day parking restrictions, have you walked down Walking Street around 5-6pm? No parking on whichever side the ban applies but 2 rows of cars, pick-ups, trucks on the other side! BiB drive through.........no action! Now, if I left my bike in the middle of the road................. :)

Of course. Bikes are much easier to clear than cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday they stoped me at the zebra crossing on second road near Big C.

Plod : licence

Me : give him my licence.

Plod : writes ticket.

Me : what did I do wrong ?

Plod : light too bright !! not same colour everyone else :)

200 baht fine at the cop shop on Soi 9 for having a Xenon bulb. :D

post-2109-1258448679_thumb.jpg