Guess The Location Of This Picture

sorensen

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This photo is of a place where many people now meet to head south or north from Bangkok...but where?

Hua Lampong?

Correct... This is a photo of the old Bangkok Station behind RSR HQ Office - a few years before the commercement of the constrction of the Bangtkok station Hua Lamphongse has been started in June 1910.

This photo has been published in the The Twentieth Century Impression of Siam (published in 1908 and repritned by White Lotus in 1994).

The locomotive shown here is probably Dubb Locomotives - used to run the trains from BKK to Ayuthia (now Ayutthaya since 1917). It has been decommissioned by 1 April 1930 after finishign the unified gauge.

FYI, some cool photos on this page... http://www.angkor.com/2bangkok/2bangkok/fo...ead.php?p=26248

Very cool thread. I love old photos.

Where is this?

(Sorry just realized this is Bangkok Forums. Pic is not from Bangkok)

I forget the name of the road? 2nd road not beach road Phuket.

I also go for Phuket, because of the hill in the background.

Great thread love those old pics!!

Will try get some of Pattaya from the 1970's, from a relative so can't promise.

While we wait for monkfish's Pattaya pictures, lets have a look at this little collection. What year are we in, mid 1960 or so? Nice music by the way.

Edited by sorensen

Popular area in Bangkok now but where is it?....

Think that one was done already?

I'm going to guess it's where Rama 1 and Phaya Thai Road now cross. Where MBK, and Siam/National Stadium BTS stations now are.

BINGO, we got a winner. First picture is from 1970 and in 1973 building of Siam Center Started.

Popular area in Bangkok now but where is it?....

Think that one was done already?

I'm going to guess it's where Rama 1 and Phaya Thai Road now cross. Where MBK, and Siam/National Stadium BTS stations now are.

BINGO, we got a winner. First picture is from 1970 and in 1973 building of Siam Center Started.

It was a test mate :) here's a cool blog http://www.gregtodiffer.com/2009/01/31/bla...-white-bangkok/