Thai Festivals

McAttack

I just got back from the Thai Culture & Food festival held in Melbourne, Australia. It started around 10am and I think finished around 9pm.

It is the second year this festival has been held. I didn't go last year but it was certaily crowded today in Federation square where it was held.

I didn't go in the morning but there supposedly was a Budhist ceremony for around 2 hours.

There was kick boxing, thai dancing, 20 food stalls, beer garden, and a stage for Thai music and a Katoey show at the end of the night that got the whole crowd into the fun of the day. A great day was had by all except for one drunk thai lady wholwas trying to swear at some guy but was just making everyone laugh with her failed attempt at English cussing. (its an art as you may well know)

This festival seems to be very popular and I would say it will go on for a few more years at the least. I didn't see any advertisments myself and only heard from word of mouth. A friend said there was some adds on pay tv that promoted the festival.

Are there many Thai festivals in other countries other than Thailand?

Edited by McAttack

We went last year and the year before and before...going back to whenever. :D

I used to go to the Phillipina ones down at Heathrow "barrio Fiesta"but unlike the Thai "do" their setup ends up like you are spending the day on "smoky mountain"....absol.filty buggers ...rubbish everywhere....get yer act together :D

The Thai one at Battersea on the other hand is much better organised (admission fee for rubbish removel etc.....no objection)with lots of good food,Singa/Chang Beer tents,good Craik.....and lots of local nubbleys (thais )on a jolly......very nice.

Heard a rumour that George is proposing a T.V. Stall and Exposition Centre at the Festival this year with free Beer for all TIT lads in Smoke but will have to wait and See... :D:o

The Thai Festival at Battersea Park was belting last year. Tidy women all over the place.

My only problem was that it wound down way too early (6-7pm) just as it felt like it was really getting going.

It was the closest to being in Thailand I have felt outside of Thailand if that makes sense. The smells, the warm weather, the buzz, the groups of expat Thai honeys wandering around.......

If anyone here has any sway with the organisers tell them to make it on a Saturday until 10PM this year!

I did actually managed to have a chat with the organisers last year. :D

They are /were a company called ENTEBE Ltd.and they are the U.K.Singha Beer importers/ shipping agents/reps.

I will try and dig out their M.Ds number and give him a buzz and find out the score for this years "do"

Could be a London/U.K.TV meet up opportunity :D

Did I hear somebody whisper free be... :o

We went last year and the year before and before...going back to whenever. :D

I used to go to the Phillipina ones down at Heathrow "barrio Fiesta"but unlike the Thai "do" their setup ends up like you are spending the day on "smoky mountain"....absol.filty buggers ...rubbish everywhere....get yer act together  :D

The Thai one at Battersea on the other hand is much better organised (admission fee for rubbish removel etc.....no objection)with lots of good food,Singa/Chang Beer tents,good Craik.....and lots of local nubbleys (thais )on a jolly......very nice.

Heard a rumour that George is proposing a T.V. Stall and Exposition Centre at the Festival this year with free Beer for all TIT lads in Smoke but will have to wait and See... :D  :o

That'd be right :D