High-speed Internet Connection In Bkk

momtaz

Hello guys

I was using the promotion of 1 Mbps High-speed internect by True since January 2008. as the followed details:

Internet high-speed = 640.93 baht/month 7% tax included,

TOT phone line = 107 baht/month for the phone line

True Move = 96 baht/month for support the hi-speed

in total there is about 844 baht/month

as i have tested my speed

download: ranging from 2.7 - 3.02Mb/s

upload :0.5 - 0.51 Mb/s

as shown that Trus has upgraded their 1 Mb/s to 3 Mbps

and I am seeing some promotions of the same 3 Mbps from TOT and from maxnet at

590 baht/month + 7% tax in total to be about 640 or a bit less..

I was thinking to apply for a new promotion with maxnet or whether with TOT bcoz the same speed but lesser paying..

any one experienced or have some advices before I change my Internet provider?

I will appreciate if any advices,

many thanks in advance friends :)

You could start by posting in the internet forum as that may have more relevance and get more response than posting in the Pattaya forum.

Until that happens and based on my own experience and the tales of woe from others on TV, if you have a fast and working internet connection, why risk screwing that up by changing horses?

If it aint broke.... etc..

• 3 weeks later...

I signed up with True when they frist 'rolled out' ADSL in BKK about 6 years ago. With their 1.5 mbps 'up' and 512K 'down' service costing me 960 Baht Per Month. The landline a further 107 Baht. Yes their speed did go up recently but it was still somewhat intermittent and depended where and when you were 'surfing'

I recently took advantage of their latest promotion. 5 Mpbs - same cost per month, plus i ditched my 12-Call prepaid mobile and signed up with True Move - 299 Baht per month

Now, additionally, I have 5 Mpbs ADSL plus unlimted access and bandwidth with True WiFi home and true wifi residential when I am travelling, out shopping, or even if my ADSL goes down during a power outage etc.

Not a bad deal really.

I was thinking to apply for a new promotion with maxnet or whether with TOT bcoz the same speed but lesser paying.. any one experienced or have some advices before I change my Internet provider?
Until that happens and based on my own experience and the tales of woe from others on TV, if you have a fast and working internet connection, why risk screwing that up by changing horses?

If it aint broke.... etc..

+1

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I am flabberghasted - I had a similar question to the OP, I've got the same 640b/month True package - at least this saves me starting a new thread.

I wanted to know how easy it is to upgrade your package with True? I asked at the shop and was told that most prices are only introductory packages for new packages - not existing ones. For example, I was told that a 3MB package would be 930baht! Any experience in this anyone?

BTW my line is still 1MB