How Long Does It Take To Purchase A Condo ?

Guess it's up to you. If you have transferred the money to Thailand already, you can sign the contract today and go to the landoffice tomorrow (as long as the juristic office can provide quota info and make sure the previous owner is not in debt).

Do the due diligence (extremely important) with a reputed lawyer which takes a day, sign the purchase agreement and pay the deposit (if you have all the money here) and if the condo can issue foreign ownership quota and confirmation of condo fees paid up to date, the land office transfer is only a few hours (same day). So theoretically can be done in 2 days.

Got questions about buying a condo in Pattaya? Contact us for free consultation Visit our Website

Guess it's up to you. If you have transferred the money to Thailand already, you can sign the contract today and go to the landoffice tomorrow (as long as the juristic office can provide quota info and make sure the previous owner is not in debt).

Do the due diligence (extremely important) with a reputed lawyer which takes a day, sign the purchase agreement and pay the deposit (if you have all the money here) and if the condo can issue foreign ownership quota and confirmation of condo fees paid up to date, the land office transfer is only a few hours (same day). So theoretically can be done in 2 days.

Got questions about buying a condo in Pattaya? Contact us for free consultation Visit our Website

Be extremely careful when dealing with private parties. It is better to buy the condo from the builder than the private party. It took me less than one week after money was here

Be extremely careful when dealing with private parties. It is better to buy the condo from the builder than the private party. It took me less than one week after money was here

I disagree, I am a real estate broker (not a "private party"). Buying from the developer directly is much more risky than buying through a reputable real estate agent (not always but developers are biased). We are a certified member of Real Estate Brokers Association of Thailand. Your transaction through us is 100% safe, but like I said due diligence is extremely important. -Gareth

Edited by benchmark

I have bought and sold many condos here in Pattaya all on my own - if the paperwork is in order the transfer takes place the same day, it is amazing how quickly you can have the deed handed over in your name (written in Thai).

The comment about buying from a developer is correct , most will not have the chanoots for each unit in hand ready for signing over and will BS you all along as to when it will arrive - AVOID.

Do not buy any condo without see the chanoot (deed) and confirming it is for the said condo you intend to purchase - the market is saturated with units and people looking to sell them.

My purchase was completed in 24hrs and handled by myself and the agent

Same day visit to the land office, checked for outstanding debt and all Chanote details. Vendor had all necessary statements from Jurastic person concerning payment of bills and forign quota. Transfer completed

:)