Criminal Record And Visa

If I am not mistaken, the rule regarding a criminal record is pertaining to a offense higher to a magnetometer. One was need to actually have been charged with a jail offense. Not one like a traffic fine. The OP did not state the offense, but only it was a fine not paid?? So speculation is unwarranted.

:)

Appreciate the advice guys.

FYI the offence was not clearing rubbish froma site I own in Ireland. Neighbours had been dumping garden waste on site that I had not yet built on. Soemone complained. Council sent me warning letter. I was under pressure with others things and let it go. Got summons to court. Sprayed site to kill weeds, put up fence but did not remove garden waste as it was happily decomposing. Judge fined me €500 but added €2,000 legal costs.

I was in state of shock €2,000 for a few sentences. I refuse to pay and hence will get criminal record as I will be required to go to jail. Typically what happens is I am arrested, brought to jail, processed, released and given bus fare to get home. If I do have to stay for a few days, I am told, I will get new clothes, shoes of my choice, and a few days rest.

Not like Thai prison I think.

Appreciate the advice guys.

FYI the offence was not clearing rubbish froma site I own in Ireland. Neighbours had been dumping garden waste on site that I had not yet built on. Soemone complained. Council sent me warning letter. I was under pressure with others things and let it go. Got summons to court. Sprayed site to kill weeds, put up fence but did not remove garden waste as it was happily decomposing. Judge fined me €500 but added €2,000 legal costs.

I was in state of shock €2,000 for a few sentences. I refuse to pay and hence will get criminal record as I will be required to go to jail. Typically what happens is I am arrested, brought to jail, processed, released and given bus fare to get home. If I do have to stay for a few days, I am told, I will get new clothes, shoes of my choice, and a few days rest.

Not like Thai prison I think.

This is very harsh justice.

gotlost

"If you apply in Thailand they do not require police record."

TerryLH

Nobody requires a police record.

Lite Beer

"That should of course be Police Report."

TerryLH

I stand by what I wrote. I was replying to what gotlost posted, not what he meant.