Australian Embassy Number Not A Machine

Sorry i cant help with this issue, i can only relate to having the same problems.

Ive tried half a dozen times throughout the last few years and have NEVER been able to get anyone.Even turning up at the embassy in person TWICE i couldnt get to talk to anyone in person,due to thai staff at the door giving multiple excuses...1 person only and him on holiday,him busy in meeting

The only thing i can suggest is finding a 1800 government/thai immigration department in Australia and ringing them to try to find out what the hel_l these guys actually do over here. Maybe someone in Australia can give you a direct line to someone here who can help you, but i suspect they'd be reluctant to give you that sort of info unless it was an emergency.

I have read of Aussie citizens getting certain help from embassies here but for the life of me i dont know how they actually ever got onto a human.

Mind you if you stole a barmat and you were in the media with dough eyed blonde headed kids crying their heads off on aussie tv,they'd be all over you in a flash. :)

Edited by ozzieovaseas

gave up many tomes try the hi coomision

6 jalan yap kwan in KL they are much more helpful to me

Australian High Commission. Malaysia. High Commission address: 6 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, Kuala Lumpur - Telephone: 2146 5555 - Fax: 2141 5773 ...

www.australia.org.my/ - Cached - Similar

From here need to dial

+60 for Malysia if you old dial phone replace + with int access code 001 60

They only seem to asnswer am and its on Perth time I think certainly hour ahead

Good luck

Urgent After Hours Consular Assistance

If you are in Thailand, phone call the embassy on _02 344 6300 and select option 1 to be transferred to the 24 hour Consular Emergency Centre in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Canberra, Australia. If your call is not automatically transferred, you can call the Consular Emergency Centre direct on +61 2 6261 3305 (international call charges apply).

Might work!

Email the Minister and opposition leader, just setting out the frustration you are having. They like to hear this, particular the opposition leader.

They had certian days that you could ring them; but then again to ask them a question you might be hard to get someone to answer. See if you can talk to an offshore officer i.e. an Australian.

Its just one of those things not to mess around with as some of this is very emotional. Some may think this approach is over the top, but if you can't get thru then there is a problem; the Consulate General is not the person to be talking too.

Just my two bob's