Drug Use Out Of Control

guzzi850m2

Just read on Pattaya One News that 4 monks out of 34 tested was positive for drugs and kicked out of the temple and handed over to the police.

Drug use in Thailand is slowly but surly destroying the country, murder, petty crime and gang war. I think the recently raped British woman was raped by a couple of drug users/losers.

Why don't the government do more about it? Much have been said about Mr Thaksin but at least he did something about it.

Why does people have to be "high" to enjoy life?

illegal drugs wouldnt be a problem if they were legalised, just like alcohol and tobacco. In fact I have never seen someone affect by heroin or marijuana get agro, unlike people who are pissed.

Edited by waza

So 4 monks out of 34 (11%) of the population of one monastery in Pattaya means that "drugs are out of control". Are you taking the hyperbole module of your English Lit course at the moment?

Could you please clarify what you mean by hyperbole? I am very sorry that I am not a native English speaker/writer but I still have the right to join this forum :)

If even the monks (11%) are taking drugs then it is looking bad, they are supposed to be "clean" in all regards.

Yes drugs are completely out of control, the Thais I spoken to during the week have all been complaining about it (doctor,lawyer & a bar girl)

So 4 monks out of 34 (11%) of the population of one monastery in Pattaya means that "drugs are out of control". Are you taking the hyperbole module of your English Lit course at the moment?

Could you please clarify what you mean by hyperbole? I am very sorry that I am not a native English speaker/writer but I still have the right to join this forum :)

If even the monks (11%) are taking drugs then it is looking bad, they are supposed to be "clean" in all regards.

Yes drugs are completely out of control, the Thais I spoken to during the week have all been complaining about it (doctor,lawyer & a bar girl)

Which thais have you been talking to? It seems from your post that you've spoken to a doctor, a lawyer and a bar girl. Are you claiming that these 3 people represent the whole of Thailand?

Which thais have you been talking to? It seems from your post that you've spoken to a doctor, a lawyer and a bar girl. Are you claiming that these 3 people represent the whole of Thailand?

No but very good for Pattaya where I live :D , but honestly I still mean what I wrote.

You never answered my question, hyperbole??

No but very good for Pattaya where I live :D , but honestly I still mean what I wrote.

You never answered my question, hyperbole??

hyperbole

- 5 dictionary results

hy⋅per⋅bo⋅le

  /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA

Use hyperbole in a Sentence

See web results for hyperbole

See images of hyperbole

–noun Rhetoric.

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Why don't the government do more about it? Much have been said about Mr Thaksin but at least he did something about it.

Yes, Thaksin had a war on drugs where there were somewhere between 2500 and 5000 people (About 80 people a day) who became the victims of extrajudicial murders in the name of cleaning up the drug problem. Many totally innocent people died. Yeah right...

a

illegal drugs wouldnt be a problem if they were legalised, just like alcohol and tobacco. In fact I have never seen someone affect by heroin or marijuana get agro, unlike people who are pissed.

Right on brother--The masses will never understand that legalization is the sensible thing to do. To much brainwashing.

Several countries, Portugal for one has legalized. Drug use went up a but at first and now it is lower. It took the criminality out of it, took the stigma away. Now many are seeking treatment and ugly lifestyle of buying on the street is gone.

Also the police and the justice system would not be a big proponent for legalization. They would lose jobs form prison guards to lawyers to judges and of course police. Let's call it the justice industrial complex. Doctors do not want to lose control of their kingdoms drug company kickbacks. I could go on and on--but I will stop here.

Right on brother--The masses will never understand that legalization is the sensible thing to do. To much brainwashing.

Several countries, Portugal for one has legalized. Drug use went up a but at first and now it is lower. It took the criminality out of it, took the stigma away. Now many are seeking treatment and ugly lifestyle of buying on the street is gone.

Also the police and the justice system would not be a big proponent for legalization. They would lose jobs form prison guards to lawyers to judges and of course police. Let's call it the justice industrial complex. Doctors do not want to lose control of their kingdoms drug company kickbacks. I could go on and on--but I will stop here.

thats what I used to think but yaba is different, the thai girls get totally addicted to it and will steal off their mothers to get more, certainly their friends, and its proven to cause permanent brain damage, sadly many of these girls, and thats about 90% of the working girls I have meet, are more or less mentally handicapped by it, and as for the agro, sure they are happy as larry on it but the next morning they will be kicking the doors and cursing, they are very unpleasant unless they have just had a smoke

Edited by rafval

That's not a bad argument waz.

I'm a big proponent of small-government and maybe this is what the government fears as the money that will be saved would be legion...

However I do think that whether legalized / unlegalized what sort of a society should we want to be in where everyone thinks it's ok to be on drugs? As in 'hard' drugs like heroin, cocaine and meth etc..

What's wrong with what's available right now in moderation?

People bang the drum about the demon drink and cigs. Fair enough I agree.

But in moderation those things are fine...

legalised to sell crystal meth/yabba/crack etc etc to kids outside school and get them hooked into the bar girl, or, crime scene to maintain their habit so that fat cat scum bag can live the high life??

There has to be some control and will legalisation cut - out the illegal drug distributing entrepreneur who has no compunction about selling to kids, long distance lorry drivers. bus drivers, etc etc????????/

I know that the Swiss legalised and it has reduced heroin use as the kids don't want to be role modelled with the 40/50 year old deadbeats that they see going to government drug centres every week for their fix!!

The Thai government IS doing something about this. Every day I see traffic stopped and vehicle occupants being urine tested for drugs.

Manufacture, distribution and PROFITABILITY is too easy and the people involved, who destroy other people's lives for profit, are criminals, in my opinion and should be treated as such.

However, I do believe that use of drugs should be decriminalised: Just because a kid has been hooked on drugs by some sociopath doesn't make the kid a criminal.

I agree with any legislation that removes profit and opportunity for the criminal distributor. Therefore, at point of origin governments should allow the legal growing of cocaine and opium crop and compensate the grower accordingly i.e. the Third World farmer who relies on these crops just to make a living. However, the crop should be sold only to the pharma industry and not allowed into the hands of criminals.

We have to be careful and not end-up like Mexico, or, Columbia: two countries in almost a constant state of civil war due to the drug situation, where crime bosses are so rich and so deeply embedded in the social, political and business scene that they effectively, run the country.

thats what I used to think but yaba is different, the thai girls get totally addicted to it and will steal off their mothers to get more, certainly their friends, and its proven to cause permanent brain damage, sadly many of these girls, and thats about 90% of the working girls I have meet, are more or less mentally handicapped by it, and as for the agro, sure they are happy as larry on it but the next morning they will be kicking the doors and cursing, they are very unpleasant unless they have just had a smoke

smoke of what

the reason drugs are such a problem in Pattaya is because it is a big big money spinner, now who do you think is making all the money ???

Don't be fooled by the odd drugs bust here and there indicating that authorities are doing something about it................they are getting rid of rogue traders

the reason drugs are such a problem in Pattaya is because it is a big big money spinner, now who do you think is making all the money ???

Don't be fooled by the odd drugs bust here and there indicating that authorities are doing something about it................they are getting rid of rogue traders

Thats true,and i could elaborate allot more about that but i dont think TV would be happy about it so i won't.

legalised to sell crystal meth/yabba/crack etc etc to kids outside school and get them hooked into the bar girl, or, crime scene to maintain their habit so that fat cat scum bag can live the high life??

There has to be some control and will legalisation cut - out the illegal drug distributing entrepreneur who has no compunction about selling to kids, long distance lorry drivers. bus drivers, etc etc????????/

I know that the Swiss legalised and it has reduced heroin use as the kids don't want to be role modelled with the 40/50 year old deadbeats that they see going to government drug centres every week for their fix!!

The Thai government IS doing something about this. Every day I see traffic stopped and vehicle occupants being urine tested for drugs.

Manufacture, distribution and PROFITABILITY is too easy and the people involved, who destroy other people's lives for profit, are criminals, in my opinion and should be treated as such.

However, I do believe that use of drugs should be decriminalised: Just because a kid has been hooked on drugs by some sociopath doesn't make the kid a criminal.

I agree with any legislation that removes profit and opportunity for the criminal distributor. Therefore, at point of origin governments should allow the legal growing of cocaine and opium crop and compensate the grower accordingly i.e. the Third World farmer who relies on these crops just to make a living. However, the crop should be sold only to the pharma industry and not allowed into the hands of criminals.

We have to be careful and not end-up like Mexico, or, Columbia: two countries in almost a constant state of civil war due to the drug situation, where crime bosses are so rich and so deeply embedded in the social, political and business scene that they effectively, run the country.

Errr, and what is it called, the world you are in? Nirvana, Phantasyland, Kingdom come, Dreamland, High on a cloud or??