I'm Beginning To Think That Booze Is Bad For Me

kurnell

I've always enjoyed going out on the piss, usually with my mates, but since living in Thailand it is suddenly ok to drink 'alone'.

However. after 20+ years of booze (while holding down a job), I must admit I am a bit tired of the whole ritual so I have decided to take a rest and it's a very interesting experience. The first week off was much like any other week and I don't miss the drink as I am truly fed up with the constant hangovers etc. despite my mate's protesting and calling me 'softcock' and 'gaylord'.

The 2nd week is strange as I feel I am going through some sort of withdrawal, with aches and pains, constipation and a general feeling that something is not quite right, but still no urge for a drink (perhaps an occasional twinge).

3rd week, (now) is the best. I feel full of energy (I have also been eating right) and I bound through the day and sleep like a baby through the night with a raging stiffy in the morning that is harder than a diamond in an ice storm, usaually the result of a very vivid erotic dream. No weight loss, but a definate decrease in body fat and I think I can see some ribs when I look in the mirror.

I have been through this process 3-4 tmes before and it usually lasts between 1-3 months before I return to old ways as I sure will be the case this time. However I can see more of this type of break in my future as I quite enjoy it.

It IS bad for you, and it will get worse.

Congrats on your 3 weeks 'pause'.

I now have 6 days after a few days drinking that ended me up in the local church filled with Valium and death fear.

If you go back, enjoy it while you can ...

It IS bad for you, and it will get worse.

Congrats on your 3 weeks 'pause'.

I now have 6 days after a few days drinking that ended me up in the local church filled with Valium and death fear.

If you go back, enjoy it while you can ...

Glad to see you are OK. I am off on an overseas work visit which I will try to keep dry.

SC

You sound a bit like me, drank heavy until about 45 then started cutting back a bit, not a true alcoholic but the social aspect was the lure, talking to friends and mates over a few glasses and I still do this on ocassion.

The stiffy is one of the benefits of less drink since it interfers with testosterone production.

Good luck on your choices, I am a believer that alcohol can have a place in ones life if you are the sort who can drink in moderation.

I will be waiting for the slag on this.

You sound a bit like me, drank heavy until about 45 then started cutting back a bit, not a true alcoholic but the social aspect was the lure, talking to friends and mates over a few glasses and I still do this on ocassion.

The stiffy is one of the benefits of less drink since it interfers with testosterone production.

Good luck on your choices, I am a believer that alcohol can have a place in ones life if you are the sort who can drink in moderation.

Agree, if controlled, nothing wrong with a few and a good chat

I think its pretty obvious that booze is bad for you; maybe even in small quantities.

But the enjoyment you get from it may well make it justified.

The way I see it, the two good reasons for stopping are either because you want to stop, or because you can't stop. So it does you good to take a break every now and then, and see which category you fit into...

SC

Alcohol is only bad for you if you are an alcoholic!!!! No slagging. Good to hear people can recognise it might be harming them and recognise they can enjoy life without it. Good luck to yall