Black Rye Bread On Samui

boogiewoogie

Hi! I want roggenbrot and a nice piece of speck on it and i want it now! Surfed whole Samui! Almost all delis in area! Nothing...

Meat products(prosciutto, salami and even speck) is not a big deal to buy, but black rye bread is one hellova thing to find!

I even came close once: found one deli on MaeNam, German deli, Sonia or Sofia or something. Asked for black rye bread,

old farang lady responsed: tomorow, but price is 150!

I said: Roggenbrot?

She said: Jah!

I said: ok, ill be here tomorow first thing in the morning.

But on next day she tried to sell me multigran instead of Roggenbrot!!! This piece of crap cost 59 bahts in Tesco and she wanted 150 for it! And this is a german deli? Give me a break... And in the end of all i found out shes not even a german! No surprise here! No wonder she has no idea what Roggenbrot is:(

So friends, do u have any idea where can i get a nice, tasty Black Rye bread on the island?

Not on that island, but in Phuket it is available at Villa Markets bread section. Many independent bakers regularly have their product (fresh, well wrapped) on display for sale there. My favorite is exactly the one you describe, black rough rye (not pumpernickel) sliced, 65 baht for the loaf.