Memory Stick For Storing Stock Charts?

uptou

hello people,can anybody recommend a particular make of memory stick that would enable me to download,say maybe 50 odd stock charts onto it at an internet cafe,& then veiw them on my laptop in my apartment.i'm in cambodia so the price could vary,& getting ones "head shaved" for the price can be quite common.

I'm hoping i can do this.

Also i''m thinking that its only possible to download one page at a time onto the stick???

Thanks for any help.

From Mr IT.

Best reliability: Sandisk

That's also my brand of choice. Just picked up a 32 GByte Sandisk Cruzer model though not cheap at around 3k+ Baht. 25Mbps/18Mbps read/write speeds. I have a 8GB Kingston that was given to me at work and it is fine, just slow.

Just from my experience of memory sticks is that if anything goes wrong , and that is quite possible downloading thru a internet cafe so take percautions and use a virus/trojan checkas a minimum .

I have had about 4 memory sticks loose all information thru corrupted files (it seems to take only one file to loose the lot) and once that happens u have to throw them out and, unlike a hard drive, the info is non-retrivable. I am not sure why the files become corrupted and it is not virus related as it is not transfered to my back-up hard drives .

I am a neurotic user of back-ups so i have not had serious looses but now i have a couple of portale harddrives that i use for travel /back-up rather than rely on memory sticks.

I have had problems in the past by just pulling the USB memory stick out of some computers when I was finished and sometimes find on another computer that nothing appears to be on the stick. Not always a problem but it depended on the computer being used. So now I always click on the Icon in the system tray to stop the USB device that I am using before removing it and I have no more data losses. I think it depends on the version of the operating system you are using and you may have to install a little program from the Cruizer or from the internet if the system you are using doesn't have a way to stop the USB device before you remove the memory stick.

For what you want ie. just storage you should be able to find many. My advice is to simply buy more than one instead of putting all your eggs in the one basket. In the US folks swear by Corsair Voyager and Patriot but those are probably overkill for what you're looking for.

Best reliability: Sandisk

That's also my brand of choice. Just picked up a 32 GByte Sandisk Cruzer model though not cheap at around 3k+ Baht. 25Mbps/18Mbps read/write speeds. I have a 8GB Kingston that was given to me at work and it is fine, just slow.