Opening Office In Bangkok (husband & Wife Team)

At the Apdam.com website it says:

We are
working with
Pearson Thongoui Legal Services to ensure that our clients have the best level of protection whilst staying in Thailand for their procedure.

Why not try working with Bangkok Hospital? No specific mention of any doctor or entity who provides medical services. BTW the only client specifically mentioned on the Pearson Thongui Legal Services website is Asia Pacific Dental and Medical Tours.

Working closely with a law firm sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe it's a partnership? Having a legal team on board to give assistance / reassurance sounds like the company is taking patient care seriously (not like some countries).

I also wondered about the hospitals bit, but the choice of hospital would depend on the medical procedure would it not? So, what benefit would it be to list all the hospitals and doctors because you would have a very long (and useless) list.

MNM

Lawyers are fine to mention on the website... Lawyers are great for writing disclaimers, waivers, hold-harmless clauses and for when things go wrong. Doctors are better.

Founded in 2009, Asia Pacific Dental and Medical is one of the largest multi-specialty health care tour providers in Thailand.
We specialize in providing care for children, adults, and seniors.

I guess that means they do not specialize in providing care to teenagers.

As one of the largest multi-specialty tour providers in Thailand, one t would think they could muster a great 'Testimonial' page as in: http://www.bangkokhospital.com/eng/Testimonials.aspx

... and the list of services / medical procedures in which they specialize and provide is already long and useless.

I have a friend who was pimping for Bangkok hospitals. He worked hard and set up hotels, transportation and other contacts for overseas customers. I really thought he was going to make a go of it but the hospitals didn't see fit to pay him his promised commissions after he had found the customers.

Lawyers are fine to mention on the website... Lawyers are great for writing disclaimers, waivers, hold-harmless clauses and for when things go wrong. Doctors are better.

Founded in 2009, Asia Pacific Dental and Medical is one of the largest multi-specialty health care tour providers in Thailand.
We specialize in providing care for children, adults, and seniors.

I guess that means they do not specialize in providing care to teenagers.

As one of the largest multi-specialty tour providers in Thailand, one t would think they could muster a great 'Testimonial' page as in: http://www.bangkokhospital.com/eng/Testimonials.aspx

... and the list of services / medical procedures in which they specialize and provide is already long and useless.

I think you have been dealing with the wrong people if that's all you think lawyers do... And to be pedantic, talking about teenagers is absolutely rubbish.. Show me a hospital that has a 'teenagers' ward. Humm.. don't think so.

As for testimonials, there are only 6 on the page and none from 2009? Does that tell me that nobody thought they were good this year?

And if you got all the information, you would know that the website, to quote Mcnerge "I already have a temporary, functional website, (To be improved)"

Kuhn MNM and/or McN -- One of the largest multi-specialty health care tour providers in Thailand Maybe. I know of several others in Thailand, Asia, UK, and USA... and I am very familiar with this industry and its legal and insurance peccadilloes. Best of luck. If all else fails you can both try ventriloquism.

MyNameMe I think it’s time to come clean. What’s your affiliation with Mcnerge and Apdam.

I link between you and Pearson Thongoui Legal Services is already established from your previous posts.

How exactly did you link me to the law firm? maybe I have nothing to do with them? maybe I work there..? maybe I own the company? hahahaha... Wouldn't that be funny!

As for this venture, I am hoping to be a partner and help grow the company...

As for jazzbo, if you're so experienced, why not provide some useful comments?

MyNameMe I think it's time to come clean. What's your affiliation with Mcnerge and Apdam.

I link between you and Pearson Thongoui Legal Services is already established from your previous posts.

Any questions about the law firm should be sent to me via PM.

Edited by PTL

As for jazzbo, if you're so experienced, why not provide some useful comments?

If I had to advise someone considering traveling to Thailand for a medical procedure, I would advise then, at least at first, to stick with Certified Members of the (International) Medical tourism Association:

WHAT IS THE MEDICAL TOURISM ASSOCIATION?

The Medical Tourism Association (Medical Travel Association), also known as the Global Healthcare Association, is the first international non-profit association made up of the top international hospitals, healthcare providers,
medical travel facilitators
, insurance companies, and other affiliated companies and members with the common goal of promoting the highest level of quality of healthcare to patients in a global environment. Our Association promotes the interests of its healthcare provider and medical tourism facilitators members. The Medical Tourism Association has three tenets: Transparency, Communication and Education.

Members in Thailand include both Bangkok Hospital and Bumrungrad Hospital... and as far as medical travel facilitator, it may be just as if not more easy to work with with one in your home country than in the destination country especially as regards obtaining medical records and existing doctor referrals.

Edited by jazzbo

MyNameMe I think it's time to come clean. What's your affiliation with Mcnerge and Apdam.

Don't believe for one second that opening more accounts on TV will make you more believable. If MNM really wanted to invest as he stated earlier, the partner you were looking for has been found, and the thread can be closed.

Now we have again blatantly self-promoting by multiple accounts. (don't you have to be a sponsor to get away with that?)

Or maybe they are looking for 5, 10 or even more idiots^H^H^H^H^H^H sponsors to be the sole partner in this company?

Don't believe for one second that opening more accounts on TV will make you more believable. If MNM really wanted to invest as he stated earlier, the partner you were looking for has been found, and the thread can be closed.

Now we have again blatantly self-promoting by multiple accounts. (don't you have to be a sponsor to get away with that?)

Or maybe they are looking for 5, 10 or even more idiots^H^H^H^H^H^H sponsors to be the sole partner in this company?

Try to keep this on thread.. Jazzbo's last post is the best thing I've seen yet, interesting and informative.

So, talking about other people posting details about the company on the thread and then it's 'all the same person' oohh.. a conspiracy... Where is your proof that this is "blatantly self-promoting" as you put it...? you're just making assumptions without supplying any evidence.

I have been very careful not to 'self-promote' as it will get people banned.

Jazzbo, if you've got any further good comments to make, please do.

MNM

I have been very careful not to 'self-promote' as it will get people banned.
If you have something to say about my company, then you can say it as long as the information is not distorted. We are excepionally careful not to mention company names, websites or other information that will get us banned. We don't advertise on TV at the moment, but when we do, you might see our company name more often.

Ok if a moderator can please look into this, as this is getting creepy. Within seconds of my posting I got a PM from your "lawyer", and you posted a reply here as well, but under the MNM name. Both are supposedly independent of the OP, but all three are promoting this fail proposal.

I would warn anyone even considering investing with this guy to don't forget to do due diligence with a very independent lawyer.

Anyways I think you damaged your own image enough and don't need any help.

Medical Tourism functions on the same business principle as regular tourism.

There is money to be made IF YOU FIND CLIENTS.

If you find the clients, they stick with you, refer you, etc. you can make a go of this

The OP had 13 years experience in this medical related field so it is obvious he as a few connections.

The problem with most people is the idea of running your own business in Thailand is way over your heads, so bad mouth everything as a scam before doing any bonafide research

If the OP posted "Hey I am starting a new venture in Medical Tourism and there are 250 clients already scheduled to come to Thailand", more people would try to jump on the bandwagon.

No one ever wants to put in the work and risk here but everyone wants a free ride on the profit.

I would rather try to run my own business and fall on my ass then be a teacher anyday

If you get off of Sukhumvit, you can run a business here for almost nothing.

Out in my area and right next to a giant tesco lotus you can get 4 floor shop buildings for 7,000 thb per month, throw in 1,000 for electric, 1,000 for internet and phone and for a couple hundred dollars a month, you are in business. Now if you can afford to lose that couple hundred dollars every month you can stay in business for ever

My Thai neighbor manufactured medical things out of his house for years. Braces, prosthetics, started importing wheel chairs from China and exporting to USA

He bought a 4 story shop house last year, remodeled the whole place with an outside elevator lift

He has 4 brand new cars in his driveway and a large house. He is successful because he found the buyers and they appear to me to buy allot.

He is very hard working and not flashy, works his business very hard

Finally a post worthy of a response.

When I first posted this Investment Opportunity, I did not expect 40 odd various replies ranging from "Just a Scam", to NZ Social Security fraudster, to some very interesting genuine inquiries, and 3 members, PM apologizes, for rather cruel accusations.

Nio, you hit the nail on the head. Anyone can start a business, and all it takes is good concept, determination, and good old fashioned "hard work". That's all I have done in my working life, and I hope I've got a few more years in me left to continue doing so.

So out of all the abuse, false accusations, and support from the odd quarter, I am overall, very pleased with the genuine PM's sent to me.

I have 4 positive, potential Partners, that are all currently carrying out their mandatory due diligence, to ensure, all is above board, kosher, Honky Dory, The cats pajamas, warm & fuzzy, and that they feel good about joining with my wife and I on this new venture.

This thread, is indeed getting rather creepy, but has served it's purpose in helping me to find the right people to partner with us.

Thanks for your participation, Merry Christmas, Mcnerge.

I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of the boo-birds here on TV warranted or otherwise. My only critique of the opening rounds of this topic is that the OP played "I've got a secret'. "I have a great investment idea for you but I can't tell you what it is other than PM"... in USA when anyone talks about"This Business" you know that they are recruiting for Amway.

There are many established Medical Tourism outfits in Thailand, SE Asia, and in the 'Source' countries themselves where the bodies are... but that doesn't mean there are not opportunities for a new wrinkle. You cannot wait -- like for timeshare sales -- for the persons to already be in Thailand.

The potential liabilities and insurance implications for medical travel from USA, UK, or EU to Thailand are significant... and this is the aspect that interested me when I was asked to investigate and make recommendations several years ago by a non-USA insurer... and for better or for worse I am well aware what the lawyers do.