Combination Method For Retirement Based On Marriage

I'm planning to opt for the retirement extension based on marriage. My monthly pension from the UK will not reach 40000 bht until after we marry, so I'll have the required 400,000 bht in the bank in advance of the marriage. Out of curiosity, if the monthly pension dropped below 40000 per month (heaven forbid - but it could when the UK phase out dependents allowance in 2020) is it possible to operate a combination method? Say, pension 30000 bht month x 12 months = 360,000 bht per year, plus cash in bank 40000 = 400,000? (Just as an example)

Your options are either:

1) Extension of stay based on marriage: 400k in Thai Bank or 40k/month monthly income

2) Extension of stay based on retirement: 800k in Thai Bank or 65k/month income or combination of the two totalling 800k.

There is no combination method available with extension of stay based on marriage.

Your options are either:

1) Extension of stay based on marriage: 400k in Thai Bank or 40k/month monthly income

2) Extension of stay based on retirement: 800k in Thai Bank or 65k/month income or combination of the two totalling 800k.

There is no combination method available with extension of stay based on marriage.

Thanks , both, for quick, precise answers.

• 5 months later...

I've never had a visa based on marriage, I'm just reading about it. Out of interest, the 400k in Thai bank requirement; does it matter about the type of deposit? does it have to be in a current or savings account or can it be help in Mutual funds and other investments?

It must be cash. Passbook savings is sure and most will accept fixed deposit accounts. Funds are not accepted.

But that is for extension of stay from Immigration - not for a visa. A visa you obtain from a Consulate and they have different rules. Most do not require funds for single entry and many even for mutli entry but it varies by location. A visa only allows a 90 day stay each time.