Red-shirts Postpones Gathering Indefinitely

webfact

Oh it wasn't the right timing due to the proximity of the Kings Birthday? So between the time they planned it, and announced it, they just now realized its the Kings Birthday?

Face saving B.S. as per usual.

And of course nothing to do with the asset case being postponed.

I sure hope that *WE* arent the only ones who see through this.

I don't know, at least one red supporter on this forum seems to have no idea about December 5th...

From the "Desperate Thaksin May Go For Broke" thread:

That said, what's aghast about the timing? The Berlin Wall fell around this time, the Velvet revolution happened around this time, the Orange protests in Ukrain happened around this time.. What's bad about it? And, would you rather that those people also woulnd't have bothered standing up for their desire for democracy, due to 'bad timing' or otherwise? I'm genuinely puzzled why you'd feel that way.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Red Shirts rally to oust Abhisit government Nov 28

gallery_327_1086_19754.jpg

UDD key leader Nattawut Saikua said the protest at the Suan Misakawan intersection will continue through December 2, with more than one million Red Shirt activists expected to call for the end of the Democrat-led coalition government.

I didn't think they would get a million, but to get zero is lower than I expected.

Nattawut seems oddly quiet now. I've not seen his comments today.

As does 'fresh-face' PM in waiting Gen Chavalit, not to mention bridesmaid PM in waiting the right hon Mr Chalerm...

One also wonders how flaming lips Jakaprob is taking all this 'delay nonsense' (from his 'hideout' in Cambodia?) Must be chomping at the bit to 'return democracy'....

(ie, a mate's share of the bosses 67 bil plunder, whitewash of all charges, return of the banned 111, re-taking of all govt, military and police key positions, neutering or takeover of all govt watchdogs and getting rid of 'pesky' vote-fraud rules, all for a 'fresh' start and return of democracy, Thaksin style)

Edited by baht&sold

PRO-THAKSIN MASS RALLY

Red shirted protest postponed indefinitely : Veera

By The Nation

"The issuance of the laws clearly indicated that Abhisit government was immature and uneducated," Veera said.

The red shirts then postponed the rally to show responsibility, Veera said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Red shirts boo Democrats during Samak's bathing rite

"...Some red-shirt people waved the red feet clappers against the MPs when they walked up the hall where the rite was being held.

And when the Democrat MPs were leaving to their vehicles, the red-shirt people, who were lining up to pay respect to Samak, booed at the MPs."

This certainly shows so much maturity and responsibility as any educated person will tell you. Such a show of absolute class and respect.

(Not trying to hijack this thread, interesting that Veera would claim that the red shirts have a little integrity, when in fact...)

Red Shirts Boo At Bathing Rites

Takki is really turning into the boy that cried wolf one too many times. Final push this, day of reckoning that. He has lost ALL credibility. I think this latest move shows WEAKNESS on his part. He knows he can't win this now (or ever).

Edited by Jingthing

As does 'fresh-face' PM in waiting Gen Chavalit, not to mention bridesmaid PM in waiting the right hon Mr Chalerm...

One also wonders how flaming lips Jakaprob is taking all this 'delay nonsense' ...

In the interest of red shirted solidarity with their boss, please refer to them by their new names:

Chavvi, Challi and Jakki.

Thank you.

Surely they were aware that it was too close to the King's birthday when they first planned it?

Evidently Frankie is adapting to change.

Maybe it's like his last interview with the Times where he conveniently "forgot" someone was still in the hospital. For a businessman, he certainly forgets important things and makes many "honest mistakes." Takky is losing his mind I'm afraid.

I can't believe they would have this rally when its the Kings birthday anyway. I mean its just bad planning/lack of foresight, which seems to be a common Thai attribute, although you would think the well educated who planned this would have thought it through. Most Thais want to feel good celebrating the Kings birthday, and do not want bad or negative things happening at this time, or have to think about about bad or negative things. Its a time of happiness.

I know alot is talked about Taksin strategy and plan to get back into power, but from what he has done so far it doesn't seem well thought out at all. More like the acts of a desperate man. The more he does, the more he shows himself for what he really is, and the less people believe in him. A clever man would be happy with he has gained so far and would give up and do something else (like enjoying his wealth). Its not as if he can't make more money with what he has?

Takki or whatever he calls himself is finished.  Perhaps he has gone mad? 

My knowledge/understanding of Thai politics is virtually nil save for that which I read in the newspapers and forums such as this.

However, I feel Takki is far from finished and that next year will see an escalation in protests/violence, although God forbid I should be correct.

Maybe there's a double agent inside the Thaksin/Red camp deliberately trying to <deleted> things up. If so, they're doing well.

* The Cambodia advisor job thing. No matter how divided Thais are, they'll still close ranks against a foreign threat, or influence.

* Mass demo arranged for late November, to run through mid-December. The one thing that all Thais agree on is ultimate love and respect for HRH, and hence the time surrounding his birthday should be a positive and harmonious one.

Whinnie appears to be very 'loosely' quoting from another member whom had in turn paraphrased (with similar spin;) from the paper which is not in TV's alliance. The disinformation campaign grows in the re-telling.

After apologizing for misspelling my name, feel free to mosey on over to this link and ask someone to translate it for you:

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?...d=01&catid=

You're welcome.

One also wonders how flaming lips Jakaprob is taking all this 'delay nonsense' ...

In the interest of red shirted solidarity with their boss, please refer to them by their new names:

Thank you.

For the sake of fairness I look forward to going back to Abby. :)

Thank you.

:):D :D

Thank you.

For the sake of fairness I look forward to going back to Abby. :)

But Abhisit hasn't changed his name to try and cover up his tracks, so there's no reason to add him to this self inflicted Thaksin nonsense.

Edited to add: But if he did, I bet he'd be smart enough not to use Abby. Maybe Alan Shearer would be appropriate?

Edited by ballpoint

We are allowed to have an opinion, but are we allowed to voice it? Not according to Mr. Suthep; he basically said that freedom of expression applies only to Thais, and that any foreigners engaging in political activity will be found and arrested.

That's pretty scary language, from a guy I already thought to be as bad/scary as any of the old political dinosaurs.

Your source?

You have to add another rule that says "hyperbole and sarcasm is only allowed in political discussions when used against Thaksin and Red Shirts - never though against the democrat government".

:)

So organising a mass demonstration/rally is perfectly fine, but if the Government put in security policies to protect the people and infrastructure of the nations Capital, its immature and uneducated, am i reading that correctly?

Pot, Kettle, Black anyone?

And what do you expect them to say?yellow,red whatever they r both as bad as each other.It's funny us foreigners here debating like we are political experts when it aint even our country and when most of us are just expats <deleted> .

Well noticed,if you view this forum for a bit longer you will notice that political debating,as long as it is anti-thaksin,and where to get the cheapest breakfast are the only subjects allowed.

So organising a mass demonstration/rally is perfectly fine, but if the Government put in security policies to protect the people and infrastructure of the nations Capital, its immature and uneducated, am i reading that correctly?

Pot, Kettle, Black anyone?

And what do you expect them to say?yellow,red whatever they r both as bad as each other.It's funny us foreigners here debating like we are political experts when it aint even our country and when most of us are just expats <deleted> .

Well noticed,if you view this forum for a bit longer you will notice that political debating,as long as it is anti-thaksin,and where to get the cheapest breakfast are the only subjects allowed.

and therefor so many pro Thaksin fans are here..... :)

We are allowed to have an opinion, but are we allowed to voice it? Not according to Mr. Suthep; he basically said that freedom of expression applies only to Thais, and that any foreigners engaging in political activity will be found and arrested.

That's pretty scary language, from a guy I already thought to be as bad/scary as any of the old political dinosaurs.

Your source?

You have to add another rule that says "hyperbole and sarcasm is only allowed in political discussions when used against Thaksin and Red Shirts - never though against the democrat government".

:D

A childish, though expected, remark honestly!

You can't come with proper arguments, contradict yourself practically every page and when confronted you blame other posters for whatever mischief you might feel.

Your side of the story is also allowed, you would be banned otherwise, but just don't seem to get much appraisal!

Why would that be?

:)

RED-SHIRTS PROTEST

Security law to be imposed anyway

By The Nation

Published on November 26, 2009

Govt wary after pro-Thaksin mob says it will delay mass rally

The government will go ahead and impose the Internal Security Act in Bangkok even though the red shirts said yesterday they will defer their planned rally indefinitely.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said the government had to be prepared (for possible violence) because it was not certain that the red shirts would call off their rally in Bangkok.

Suthep spoke before chairing a meeting of security agencies, including both police and the military.

Caretaker police chief Pol Gen Patheep Tanprasert said after the meeting that the government would go ahead with its plan to maintain security in the capital by imposing the Internal Security Act from Saturday to December 14, pending further developments.

"If the red shirts do not hold any rally, concern agencies may meet later to decide on the next step," he said.

Army spokesman Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the military unit responsible for keeping security during the imposition of the security law was still in its barracks. The military believed preparing troops in case of any incident would be a good preventative measure.

He said police would be responsible for security at government premises.

Patheep said the security agencies had mapped out contingencies plan in light of possible violence in Chiang Mai and would implement the plan pending changes.

Red-shirt leaders decided yesterday to postpone indefinitely their mass rally scheduled to start this weekend, shortly after fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra suggested it was not the right time to assemble.

Veera Musikapong, a red shirt leader, said in a press briefing the postponement was decided after Abhisit's government invoked the Internal Security Law for Bangkok.

The Cabinet on Tuesday approved use of the law for all of Bangkok - instead of just central areas, as before - ahead of the pro-Thaksin mass rally, which was scheduled to start on Saturday.

"The issuing of the law clearly indicated the Abhisit government was immature and uneducated," Veera claimed.

The red shirts then postponed the rally to show responsibility, Veera said. The red shirt leaders will meet again in mid-December to decide the next move.

The postponement came after Thaksin urged a delay, saying it was an inappropriate time because it was close to His Majesty the King's birthday.

Thaksin made the comment as he addressed a meeting of opposition Pheu Thai MPs via video link on Tuesday night.

The fugitive ex-PM reasoned that the public disagreed with the timing of the protest - it wasn't the right time. He then urged red-shirt leaders to review their plan, as a number of Pheu Thai MPs also disagreed with the idea.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

To me this signals that a plan "B" has been found in regards to his assets case in court. I'm sure we'll see him play his next card within the next 2 weeks.

Seems like an astute observation. Major behind the scenes negotiations perhaps.

agreed, what are the elite willing to give up to ensure Thaksin stays away from their pig pen. Judicial politics has been the name of the game for 2 years now, how much longer will it last...........

Do these guys actually beleive any of the c**p that comes out of their mouths?

Unfortunately I believe that they do and certainly they are not short of followers to confirm that what they say is true.

While the average Thai remains poor, uneducated and politically apathetic the situation is not going to change very much

Your source?

Whinnie appears to be very 'loosely' quoting from another member whom had in turn paraphrased (with similar spin;) from the paper which is not in TV's alliance. The disinformation campaign grows in the re-telling.

Anyone with common sense knows that Suthep (a minor piece of work himself imho) was referring to migrant workers being herded up as an abundant source of potential 'rent a crowd' protesters. Nice try guys.

As I am that "another member", feel free to explain what "similar spin", "disinformation campaign" and "nice try" (to do what exactly?) you found in my post ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3161037 ). In that post, I explained at length why I was obliged to paraphrase the Bangkok Post report and later ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3161786 ), in response to WTK and others, explained why I used the Bangkok Post source rather than Matichon, acknowledged TAWP's point about Suthep's target (to which I had already referred in the original post) - and went on to look at issues arising. Disappointing if you're now joining in the McCarthy-style reds-under-beds drivel about "False-Flag Friend syndrome" and "Your agenda, masked in conciliation, harmony and magnaminity [sic], is the return of Thaksin" etc etc :) . From other posts of yours - not to mention your own site, I've always thought rather better of you than to do that.

I did not say what WTK went on to say ("foreigners engaging in political activity will be found and arrested") - a] it's more than I saw Suthep reported as saying (however ambiguously and arguably incorrectly) and b] it's not clear to me whether WTK means only migrant workers or your typical expat or both in that. Feel free to ask him to clarify and to cite a viable source/translation - as I do for what I say on this forum for anything that isn't clearly identified as just my opinion or speculation.

Your source?

Anyone with common sense knows that Suthep (a minor piece of work himself imho) was referring to migrant workers being herded up as an abundant source of potential 'rent a crowd' protesters. Nice try guys.

As I am that "another member", feel free to explain what "similar spin", "disinformation campaign" and "nice try" (to do what exactly?) you found in my post ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3161037 ). In that post, I explained at length why I was obliged to paraphrase the Bangkok Post report and later ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3161786 ), in response to WTK and others, explained why I used the Bangkok Post source rather than Matichon, acknowledged TAWP's point about Suthep's target (to which I had already referred in the original post) - and went on to look at issues arising. Disappointing if you're now joining in the McCarthy-style reds-under-beds drivel about "False-Flag Friend syndrome" and "Your agenda, masked in conciliation, harmony and magnaminity [sic], is the return of Thaksin" etc etc :) . From other posts of yours - not to mention your own site, I've always thought rather better of you than to do that.

I did not say what WTK went on to say ("foreigners engaging in political activity will be found and arrested") - a] it's more than I saw Suthep reported as saying (however ambiguously and arguably incorrectly) and b] it's not clear to me whether WTK means only migrant workers or your typical expat or both in that. Feel free to ask him to clarify and to cite a viable source/translation - as I do for what I say on this forum for anything that isn't clearly identified as just my opinion or speculation.

Im not sure WTK is a dyed in the wool super red. To be fair WTK has in the past week said/agreed there are good and bad people on all sides. Stated that the change of colour on the avatar was due to being annoyed with what the reds got up to at that particular time and even agreed with me about LCM51 being an extreme group. This doesnt strike me as the statements of a brain washed deluded fool or hireling but someone who has thought about what is happening and formed opinions.

Personally I dont think it is right to label peopel as black and white but better to look at what they are saying over a period. How all of us form our opinions is usually quite complicated and I doubt there are many who will say everything the reds or yellows say is wrong although of course eevryone has an opinion that may prefer one or the other or even neither.

Just attaching to this post as it mentions reds under the beds and am not saying SteveUK is one of the labellers.

Please note I am not usually thought of as some uber-Thaksin supporter but soemtimes this labelling and demonizing goes too far. As far as I can see many many people on here make reasonable comments and arguements even if I dont agree with all of them personally. There may be the occasional troll or party line activist but I certainly dont notice them as everyday posters the like of which WTK is.

After using all those big words, your brain must be tired - go have a beer!

<snip>

After using all those big words, your brain must be tired - go have a beer!

Usually Sangsom/soda/coke for me - and not usually this early :D . BTW, if you think mine are big words, you must have missed some of the other "swallowed-a-dictionary" stuff recently (not from me)......... :)