Full Time @ The Pfc

Just a quick message to say a big "THANK YOU" to all of you that have supported us at THE PFC during the last 5 and half years.

We are closing tonight , thursday , and moving on to new things.

Hope you can join us for a farewell drink!.... :)

PS......

We will both be staying on Koh Samui and still believe that it is the best place in Thailand to live!

What was 'The PFC'? :D

Portsmouth Football Club, a bar in soi Reggae.

Or did you try to be funny. :)

Sorry to see it closed.

That's interesting. I knew that it was a bar at Soi Reggae but I had thought that it stood for "Private First Class" and had supposed that it might have been run by a retired military man.

Portsmouth Football Club Bar (PFC) was one of the best bars on Samui for its excellent food, Sunday Roast was outta this world, staff were the some of the best I've ever come across in Thailand as they made the effort to know what you drank or ate and would never leave you staring into an empty glass even on a busy night!

You could watch just about every imaginable sport there from the thrill of Premiership Football to I think I actually watched Dwarf Tossing (yes it is a real sport) one afternoon in there. Above all else, Nick and Poon could not be more of a host making a special effort to know everyone who came through there doors whether they were for a just a few days or a few years they befriended well most...

I am stuck for where I will watch the footie and have a Sunday Roast when next on Samui, so I think I'll just turn up on Nick's doorstep and demand he cook me roast beef with all the trimmings while I settle into his armchair, and you know what? He'll be just as accommodating and give the bill at the end!!!

Coincidentally, in addition to PFC, the famous(?) PMC has also closed. All you potential new business owners keep that in mind when coming up with a name for your new venture.

PMC closed but former owner set up similar business just across road.

I remember when Samui Pasha and PFC held a joint evening. "Best bike and sexy lady competition". PFC were supposed to provide food. Samui Pasha provided the trophies and cash prizes. 60 people turned up with bikes and ladies. PFC provided so little food that there was 1 cold chicken drum stick, a cocktail sausage and rice only. Not impressed. And the last straw was when the PFC called the BIB in on their own event when the bikers started doing "smokies". (Keep your bike stationary and rev so you get smoke from the back tyre). If you promote a biker event, expect them to do biker stuff. Fortunately, there were enough Thai bikers there that the BIB left without any problems, but the word went round. PFC is not a friendly bar. They lost a lot of customers that night.

Edited by screamingeagle

I remember when Samui Pasha and PFC held a joint evening. "Best bike and sexy lady competition". PFC were supposed to provide food. Samui Pasha provided the trophies and cash prizes. 60 people turned up with bikes and ladies. PFC provided so little food that there was 1 cold chicken drum stick, a cocktail sausage and rice only. Not impressed. And the last straw was when the PFC called the BIB in on their own event when the bikers started doing "smokies". (Keep your bike stationary and rev so you get smoke from the back tyre). If you promote a biker event, expect them to do biker stuff. Fortunately, there were enough Thai bikers there that the BIB left without any problems, but the word went round. PFC is not a friendly bar. They lost a lot of customers that night.

screaming eagle , let me just put you right on one or two points....

1] it was NOT a joint event , it was very well organized and run by Yan who had asked us to lay on some nibbles

2] far more people than expected turned up on the night and I admit that the FREE food did indeed run out.

3] I can assure you that no-one from The PFC called the BIB , they were there to look at the bikes , and there was no problem mainly due to their friendship with Khun OHM.

The bikers on Samui do a lot of good for local charities and we always had a good rapport with them.

Anyway , that was a long time ago now , happy biking!

Coincidentally, in addition to PFC, the famous(?) PMC has also closed. All you potential new business owners keep that in mind when coming up with a name for your new venture.

I don't think it's open yet. Unless it is a sushi place with karaoke.

somebody told me it was behind there and claimed to have been. but not sure, keypad for entry etc. but as i say not 100% as i have not been myelf. maybe Nick knows (trying to stay on topic)

somebody told me it was behind there and claimed to have been. but not sure, keypad for entry etc. but as i say not 100% as i have not been myelf. maybe Nick knows (trying to stay on topic)

Correct, there is a discreet entrance behind the Sushi to Go. So someone told me :)

• 2 weeks later...

:)

Dear Nick,

Why did you sell the bar. It was nice and friendly. I will be over on 16th January for 8 weeks and will pop around to see you, wherever you are.

If you wish to contact me my email is .....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx................

Please PM with Email.