Volunteer Work Permit!

hey guys. i got this flyer the other day. it said,"volunteer work permit available. if you don't mind volunteering 6 hours a week, you can live in Thailand free of charge and hassle. call 0853881577."

i figure it is something worth checking out. the laws are changing and staying in this great land is getting harder to do. this may help someone, i hope. let me know what happens. take care.

I do believe that "volunteers" are covered under the "Non-O" visa.

When I first started working for my current employer (a government institution), I was issued a "Non-O" visa because I was volunteering my services in exchange for accommodation. When my employer sorted out my working contract & pay details, I went to immigration & was told that I did not need to change to a "Non-B" visa. As a result, I didn't need to leave the country in order to get a visa that allowed me to work.

I have been working under a "Non-O" visa, with work permit, for three years & have never left the country. I am not married or retired (I'm 48) nor do I have any money in any Thai bank.

I do believe that "volunteers" are covered under the "Non-O" visa.

When I first started working for my current employer (a government institution), I was issued a "Non-O" visa because I was volunteering my services in exchange for accommodation. When my employer sorted out my working contract & pay details, I went to immigration & was told that I did not need to change to a "Non-B" visa. As a result, I didn't need to leave the country in order to get a visa that allowed me to work.

I have been working under a "Non-O" visa, with work permit, for three years & have never left the country. I am not married or retired (I'm 48) nor do I have any money in any Thai bank.

You can get a work permit on a B or O (except retirement). Nothing unusual about it. A regular occurence at our business.

A Google search for that Thai mobile phone number cited in the OP brings up a link to a web page of Pattaya Trader with five advertisements by InfinityWorld.org for electronic items and Olympic merchandise, signed with the email name jsimonst. The link to the mentioned website does not seem to work.

jst, are you by any chance the person who placed those advertisements in the Pattaya Trader?

Topic closed for the time being, as the phone number given in the OP appears to be spurious.

--

Maestro