thaimiller

Ive just been to Central Airport and they are selling Pre Pay tickets for the movie Avatar 3D for the 17th-21st of December, i booked for the 19th and it was pretty full. I know a few TV members have mentioned the movie on the forum, so if you want tickets for the first few days it may be an advantage to book now.

• 2 weeks later...
why bother going and freezing you nuts off ?

just wait till the 18th and you will be able to buy it for 100 baht downstairs : )

enjoy! .. dave2

do you mean that screen 3 is over air-conditioned? I have never been to any of the theatres here in CM...just wondering

Bought advance tickets for 3-D Avatar for Thursday the 17th. Arrived at the theater and was told by the poor ticket ripping girl that the 3-D print had not arrived and it would be shown only in 2-D. Not a manager in sight to help the poor girl. Had to switch the tickets for Sunday. Hope it arrives!

They changed their story later on when I turned up at 17.55 to pick up my reserved tickets to go see it in the 3d screen (3). They said the projector was broken for the 3d print, so they gave me tickets to see it at 21.15. Worth the wait.

Go SEE IT!!!

Dont see it in 2D, thats a waste of time. Experience it in 3D, as that is what it is. An experience.

Book early to avoid disappointment. Only 1 screen is 3D

They changed their story later on when I turned up at 17.55 to pick up my reserved tickets to go see it in the 3d screen (3). They said the projector was broken for the 3d print, so they gave me tickets to see it at 21.15. Worth the wait.

Go SEE IT!!!

Dont see it in 2D, thats a waste of time. Experience it in 3D, as that is what it is. An experience.

Book early to avoid disappointment. Only 1 screen is 3D

just saw it, it was good. glasses a little scratched, but doable, theatre actually wasnt cold this time.....cheers

why bother going and freezing you nuts off ?

just wait till the 18th and you will be able to buy it for 100 baht downstairs : )

enjoy! .. dave2

Good on you Dave2, someone need to offer the miserable losers perspective on all things, you seem to be the self appointed ambassador.

Not good. Brilliant.

If you are old enough to remember what an impact the original Star Wars made when it first came out then surely this must have the same kind of effect on filmgoers now. The plot is a standard western (as was Star Wars) but the art direction and CGI are stunning. A must to see in 3D - don't be fooled, Screen 3 at Airport Plaza is the only one showing it this way.

James Cameron is about to make a huge return on what seems to have been the most expensive production to date and until you can do 3D at home the movie industry has stolen the advantage back from the pirates.

this should be a fantastic movie....couple questions as this will be my

first theater experience in thailand.....

how well does the audience behave during the showing? went to a few

movies in china -- never again. non-stop loud talking, cell phones ringing,

holding up cell phones so folks as home could watch along.....

and what's the new ticket cost for the special 3D presentation?

hmmm.. i don't know... but we bought tickets on friday for saturdays show... so don't know why you had a problem.

and to comment on the audience... it was absolutely quiet... my 6 yr old sat perfectly still and did not say a word... and the same was true for the whole audience.

OH... btw.. if you have a small child, they provide very comfortable booster cushions - what a pleasant surprise that was for our kid.

this should be a fantastic movie....couple questions as this will be my

first theater experience in thailand.....

how well does the audience behave during the showing? went to a few

movies in china -- never again. non-stop loud talking, cell phones ringing,

holding up cell phones so folks as home could watch along.....

and what's the new ticket cost for the special 3D presentation?

Just got back from seeing it - truely brilliant! (my 8 y/o got a little scared in places, but was OK - 10 y/o lapped it up - both girls). The price was 260B any age - its always more expensive Fri through Sun as its peak time for them. Wed is a cheap day, but I still think the 3D stuff is 200B - seen 3 or 4 3D movies there and always been stung for 200B+

Thai audiences are great I think - I have never had a bad experience here in the movies (I go about twice a month or so) no phones, chatting or loud snacks have ever interupted my enjoyment here - and the isles are wide enough that poeple on the toilet run don't climb all over you.

Awsome film - go see it in 3D in the movies, its worth the ticket price and a Night Bazaar cam copy will bge a huge come down - trust me!

hmmm.. i don't know... but we bought tickets on friday for saturdays show... so don't know why you had a problem.

and to comment on the audience... it was absolutely quiet... my 6 yr old sat perfectly still and did not say a word... and the same was true for the whole audience.

OH... btw.. if you have a small child, they provide very comfortable booster cushions - what a pleasant surprise that was for our kid.

I think they only sell the advance tickets for the weekend shows, glad your 6 year old behaved himself, took my 5 yr old to see A Christmas Carol his first ever movie and he was a bit of a pain to tell the truth, maybe that extra year makes all the difference.

Glad of all the positive reviews, as I'll be going to see it tomorrow and have heard some negative stuff about it in the media.

Not good. Brilliant.

If you are old enough to remember what an impact the original Star Wars made when it first came out then surely this must have the same kind of effect on film goers now. The plot is a standard western (as was Star Wars) but the art direction and CGI are stunning. A must to see in 3D - don't be fooled, Screen 3 at Airport Plaza is the only one showing it this way.

James Cameron is about to make a huge return on what seems to have been the most expensive production to date and until you can do 3D at home the movie industry has stolen the advantage back from the pirates.

Couldn't have said it better.

Glasses were fine, no scratches, cinema temp was fine, perfect really.

My 7 year old boy was speechless after the film, he was just blown away. I remember the same effect on me after seeing Star Wars in 1977. Very lasting impressions.

Will not be up to Chiang Mai until the weekend of 2 Jan 2010. Will it still be playing? Hope so. If anyone has the phone number of the Cinema at Airport Plaza CM. please post it or PM me.

Edited by mouse

Anyone know what 3D technology they are using in CM?

I just saw Avatar in London and it was a digital projection, not film, and the glasses were REALD. Definitely a way better system than I've seen with 3d films in the past. Super bright image and no headaches. And possibly one of the most awesome and moving movie I've seen in years. I can't imagine NOT seeing it in 3d!

I watched both the 2D and 3D versions. Great spectacle of a movie, either version. The 3D effects not as good as I've seen elsewhere, but that's probably to do with the quality of the cinema's equipment.

My daughters' review: Pocahontas with helicopters.

They loved it.

Avatar: the making of the bootleg: