The Grass Is Always Greener

Garry9999

gary, ur a funny pharker.

I guess the grass would be greener if you were coming from a concentration camp in burma or perhaps from the USA or something like that.

I just spent 4 weeks working in the Tanami, not much green grass there. Alas, " the money I made won't buy buy my youth again"

Edited by Garry9999

My beer is colder here and I love it...... but....oh sod it can't be arsed......

Can we not have another sin sod/scam thread from a newbie or how about a realthing poll or a some intellectual insight to Thai relationships from aunty cognos or a classic one liner from hengmeister....

My beer is colder here and I love it...... but....oh sod it can't be arsed......

Can we not have another sin sod/scam thread from a newbie or how about a realthing poll or a some intellectual insight to Thai relationships from aunty cognos or a classic one liner from hengmeister....

Sure, sounds good to me.

Hopefully it was a 70 series, with one of those sweet V8 diesels?

How good are those V8 diesels.

Mate if you whack in a beaudesert 3 inch system and chip it, its lookin real ace.

I wouldnt mind being out in the Tanami right now, under the stars, AWESOME!

Sure, sounds good to me.

:):D Well F@~% me backwards as i posted this you were busy replying to the latest scam thread from a newbie... :D

Mate if you whack in a beaudesert 3 inch system and chip it, its lookin real ace.

Yeah, the stars where awesome, nice to see the Southern Cross again. But really, it's a desert, there's nothing that lives there.

Edited by Garry9999

All depends on where you are, what you do, your environment, etc. I can say, when I am at my Thai home or moving somewhere in Thailand, I never miss other countries. When I am somewhere else, I never, not even for a second, miss Thailand.

The point of that saying is, that as soon as you step over the fence the same thing will soon apply, so be careful before you jump over the fence. As far as Thailand goes the grass is greener when it rains everyday but it's not as green when it's sunny everyday ..... Pretty much how life is everywhere most of the time

If i ever get a "the grass is always greener on the other side" feeling, i remind myself to view the negatives as well as the positives. That usually sorts it out for me (even if its then a realisation that i should move on).

simple put thailand is a million times better than the uk in my opinion. any1 disagree?
I dont exactly disagree..but at the same time i do miss many things about the UK. I wouldnt s

ay Thailand is a million times better, i just think that it suits me better than the UK does. I wish i could combine things i love from other countries into one place, but if that were possible, maybe it would ruin those individual elements that i love.

(Im in a coffee shop, drinking a delicious iced coffee, sitting in a sunbeam, and feeling sleepy and satisfied with life. Maybe i shouldnt post when i feel so content. :))

simple put thailand is a million times better than the uk in my opinion. any1 disagree?

That would depend on the grass you are looking at.

A father with a young family has education to consider and, no matter what you may think, the UK's education system warts and all is still better than Thailand's

A young guy just married might not be able to work in Thailand but can, and for bigger bucks, in UK.

An old guy living out his years surviving on his pension is of failing health, again for all it's warts at least he'll get treatment on the NHS for free.

But yes, if you are young, can earn a decent wage, fit and unattached Thailand's grass is the greenest but beware of the snakes lurking therein. :D

Personally the grass may be greener over the fence but I prefer to leave that to the herbivores that supply the steak to go with the fries and onions. :)

'PhilHarries' date='2009-12-12 12:03:11' post='3197850']

'stevymac' post='3197565' date='2009-12-12 10:51:18']simple put thailand is a million times better than the uk in my opinion. any1 disagree?

That would depend on the grass you are looking at.

A father with a young family has education to consider and, no matter what you may think, the UK's education system warts and all is still better than Thailand's

A young guy just married might not be able to work in Thailand but can, and for bigger bucks, in UK.

An old guy living out his years surviving on his pension is of failing health, again for all it's warts at least he'll get treatment on the NHS for free.

But yes, if you are young, can earn a decent wage, fit and unattached Thailand's grass is the greenest but beware of the snakes lurking therein. :D

Personally the grass may be greener over the fence but I prefer to leave that to the herbivores that supply the steak to go with the fries and onions. :)

A very conservative PC response Phil with which I agree , I cannot and never will , understand why people make bad comments about the country that gave them the education and means to be whom they are . It has been said a billion times "Never burn your bridges , one day they could become a neccessity to do that which has become neccessary in your future life "

On top of this , should you truly believe your country of origin is so dispicable that you burn the bridge on which you exited that country , then cease drawing the monetary benifits you draw from said country to live the life style you have chosen .

The only way you can even attempt to enjoy the supposed greener grass over the inevitable 'Fence' , is if you still have a means of obtaining the filthy lucre which is an absolute neccessity where so ever you have chosen to plant your feet

Yeah, the stars where awesome, nice to see the Southern Cross again. But really, it's a desert, there's nothing that lives there.

Actually Garry, I disagree with that. Theres stacks of things living out in the desert, you just need to move around at the right times in the right directions & you will be amazed what is living out there. I'm a bit of a desert person & have spent a bit of time in the desert in Australia and the middle east (two very different types of deserts).

You forgot me and my photos. Gimmee time and I'll find one of my photos to suit this topic....

Ah, here yah go... a giant economy size Gillette razor to cut that greenery. :)

Gillette_cut_lawn_Em.sized.jpg

You forgot me and my photos. Gimmee time and I'll find one of my photos to suit this topic....

Ah, here yah go... a giant economy size Gillette razor to cut that greenery. :)

Gillette_cut_lawn_Em.sized.jpg

:D:D

Better late than never...

Can we not have some scenic photos from that Ian guy who runs around Thailand like he's on a mission from National Geographic.... :D