Foreigners And Thais Arrested In Passport Scam Linked To Terrorists

webfact

The suspects are British national Ahoor Rambarak Fath, 45, and Swedish woman Masobukwe Moiseng Patricia Segage, 45

Yeah they really sound like British and Swedish names, more likely Middle eastern and African I would also be checking the validity of their ID docs. If they are legitimate passport holders shame on those countries for having such lax immigration laws! Britain is a far bigger haven for criminals than Thailand!

There's one hel_l of a lot of "Brits" with names like that nowadays, large number of our prison inmates have very non Brit names.

And you would know this first-hand because....?

Its not hard to understand this at all and Swedish woman Masobukwe Moiseng Patricia Segage, 45,

Sweden is all ocupied by Emigrants and the real swedes live in Thailand.

Not harder then that :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The suspects are British national Ahoor Rambarak Fath, 45, and Swedish woman Masobukwe Moiseng Patricia Segage, 45

Yeah they really sound like British and Swedish names, more likely Middle eastern and African

These days they could easily be British. Some parts of the UK even have Sharia (civil) law now. Not sure what John Nettles would make of it all....

The only thing left that is "British" in the way you remember it is the weather.

British weather is now referred to as Muslim Weather; 10% sunni, 90% shiite.

:):D :D

Many thanks - my monitor and keyboard have had their morning shower of coffee now

:D

Interesting that some Thais were peripherally involved with the Madrid bombings. Serious stuff. The long arm of the law, especially when extended by Europeans and Americans, has touched Thailand regarding that dastardly deed. Kudos to investigators. Don't enable conspirators to slip away on excuses.

I wonder, where they by any chance Thais from the southernmost three provinces? Or at least lapsed muslim Thais?

Let's not be naive, Thailand shares a security threat paradigm with us in the West... perhaps even more so, given the tourism industry, and not to distant events nearby countries... I'm thinking of Bali.

Of course, terrorists feed off such paranoia, so it's a tricky one to call whether to make a big thing out of these kinds of events.

Sad though.

Have to agree with "Dukoleto", as soon as this concept of American-style immigration was introduced to europe, it's opened a pandoras box... Obviously these people aren't British or Swedish simply by virtue of a piece of paperwork... there's no ethnic connection, no common identity, and thus, no loyalty... just economics... no wonder then when the economics don't work for them, that they move to politics/religion.

How the security services must yearn for the simple days of "reds under the bed" and "mutually assured destruction"!

Just couldn't help but bash the Americans could you? What the hel_l is "American-style" immigration and what did it have to do with this case? People have been forging passports as soon as they were introduced (and Americans did not initiate, encourage, or design immigration policy for anyone). Please stick to the facts and the nationality of the culprits in the story and not drift off into your special la la land.

Hey! Let's keep this one ON TOPIC!

Regarding the former Miss Sweden Universe....

post-35874-1260593213_thumb.jpg

Now, back at the "doesn't look or sound much like a [enter nationality of choice here] to me" school of reasoning, what part of ethnic diversity is sticking in your craw this morning?

Yeah they really sound like British and Swedish names, more likely Middle eastern and African I would also be checking the validity of their ID docs. If they are legitimate passport holders shame on those countries for having such lax immigration laws! Britain is a far bigger haven for criminals than Thailand!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes sounds that they would come from arab countries and Africa country of some sort. Whatever citizenship they are holding. I would never call them British and Swedish.....

Glegolo

Oh dear. The Swedish Miss World 2000 representative was a certain Ida Sofia Manneh and their representative in the Miss Universe 2002 pageant was a Malou Hansson. They were both born in Sweden and you can google their images.

There's just no allowing for narrow mindedness these days eh? There's hope though; I think the BNP are still recruiting.

Yours Sincerely,

Tonto Goldberg MacPherson

Well Tonto ole fella !

I can assure you, its a growing feeling eminating from many Europeans and Brits, who have seen their standard of life, culture and religion

seriously downgraded by the economic immigrants, who just appear to want to take and give very little in return.

So tell me, why should'nt anybody have the right to voice their opinions on these matters rather than be told to "shut up" by busy bodies.

Yeah they really sound like British and Swedish names, more likely Middle eastern and African

These days they could easily be British. Some parts of the UK even have Sharia (civil) law now. Not sure what John Nettles would make of it all....

The only thing left that is "British" in the way you remember it is the weather.

ha ha ha ha ............Mick, coming from Brisbane, i can appreciate that one........... lololol

I spent 3 months in sunny Dorset last summer, only saw one w/e of sunshine, just been back for 2 weeks and it rained all the time.

No wonder Los is full of Brits! can you blame them ?

Well Tonto ole fella !

I can assure you, its a growing feeling eminating from many Europeans and Brits, who have seen their standard of life, culture and religion

seriously downgraded by the economic immigrants, who just appear to want to take and give very little in return.

So tell me, why should'nt anybody have the right to voice their opinions on these matters rather than be told to "shut up" by busy bodies.

The scales have been lifted from my eyes!!!

Now I can truly relate with the growing Thai resentment for all these farangs flooding in here, diminishing the Thai history, culture and values. Trashing the Thai fledgling democracy and endlessly pontificating on what they would do if they were in charge.

I will <deleted> now.

Edited by NanLaew

Yes sounds that they would come from arab countries and Africa country of some sort. Whatever citizenship they are holding. I would never call them British and Swedish.....

Glegolo

Oh dear. The Swedish Miss World 2000 representative was a certain Ida Sofia Manneh and their representative in the Miss Universe 2002 pageant was a Malou Hansson. They were both born in Sweden and you can google their images.

There's just no allowing for narrow mindedness these days eh? There's hope though; I think the BNP are still recruiting.

Yours Sincerely,

:D:)

Yes and Thailand is crawling with slopes, whats the world coming to? They cant even speak english properly and I have the devil of a time getting the natives to iron my copy of "The Daily Star" properly.

"Keep China British" :D

Coffee coloured swedes everywhere and we are trapped betwen the yellow peril and the muslim menace. Ah I knew this story would bring the soi dogs ut barking! :D

Glegolo

Yours Sincerely,

Well Tonto ole fella !

You could probably find this exact wording on a Thai forum relating to the influx of "farang" into Thailand. And you would probably call them "nationalist fanatics" or "racists". But its okay for "us" to declare our "white" countries are being overrun by foreigners. yeah, thats fair.

Well Tonto ole fella !

Now I can truly relate with the growing Thai resentment for all these farangs flooding in here, diminishing the Thai history, culture and values. Trashing the Thai fledgling democracy and endlessly pontificating on what they would do if they were in charge.

I will <deleted> now.

And you must forget those farangs wanting their own state inside their guest country and bombing those places and killing the citizens in their guest country's if they can't have their say.

Oops,I can't recall that happens here.But it happens on a daily base in european country's by people who have a strange family name.

And police must watch out for dastardly Northern Europeans as well..

Very British names to be sure!!! :)

Edited by asiawatcher

And police must watch out for dastardly Northern Europeans as well..

Very British names to be sure!!! :)

Britain allowing them to become Britain is not their fault. Change your immigration laws as long as Britain is still owned and governed by British.

Beginning of this month Switzerland has imposed a stop on the building of more minaretts - and was promptly and harshly blamed for human rights violation and more by the British (and others). I sometimes wonder whether real Europeans also are considered to be humans and having rights, or is this only for immigrants?

I can picture it now: When the parents of the accused are asked by reporters about their kids, inevitably the response will be "Oh no, my son/daughter is such a good boy/girl, he/she would never do something illegal."

Neighbors of terrorists and their accomplices would pipe up to say much the same,

"Oh, he was such a nice man, always kept to himself and never bothered anyone."

The chances that terrorist will buy passports in Thailand is zero percent. Thais are not very well known for keeping their mouth shut. Half the Thais are informing on the other half, moreover in those circles the only trust each other. This is just propaganda, to make authorities look good.

I agree with the 2nd part of your missive "...informing on each other" as I've tried, a few times, to get a Thai person to do something discreetly for me without mentioning the word 'farang.' They can't do it - as the concept of 'farang' is so ingrained in their character.

However, the 1st part 'zero percent' chance of terrorists getting passports in Thailand, I don't see that as outlandish. Thais are good forgers. It's easy to get in and out of Bkk.

It is no surprise that this gang has been thriving in Thailand considering the porous borders and corrupt and inefficient immigration. The fact that they have thrived here since the Madrid bombings begets belief, similar to the recent deportation of an Brit/Australian fraudster who has been living here for SEVEN years, Thailand must be harbouring tens of thousands foreign fraudsters and criminals. Thailand gets what it deserves through its ineptness !

Agree if the immigration check really on everybody who is currently living in Thailand there will be much more scumbacks washed to the surface...but seems to be easy. If one cant walk in to an immigration office, there are enough so called Law or Visa&Accounting Offices where one can walk in, pay 20k Baht and receive his new 1 year Visa imidiately after a day or two :)

Well Tonto ole fella !

I can assure you, its a growing feeling emanating from many Europeans and Brits, who have seen their standard of life, culture and religion

So tell me, why shouldn't anybody have the right to voice their opinions on these matters rather than be told to "shut up" by busy bodies.

I will <deleted> now.

I am neither Thai nor white, though I am better behaved than very many of those that I have had the opportunity to meet.

The argument about who is British could start the much dreaded third world war. In junior history, I have always been told that Lord Lugard amalgamated some different countries and his girlfriend coined the name Nigeria.

For centuries Britain has been in other innocent people's business, and ok, half of my country men I have nothing in common with, they will even hire people from Sudan without skills than let me be among them.

It's preposterous to boastfully say that you know what a British or Swedish name might sound like.

Edited by MegaRanter

Really! Which parts of Britain are subject to Sharia? Please educate me!

Google is your friend: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/f...icle4749183.ece

It is no surprise that this gang has been thriving in Thailand considering the porous borders and corrupt and inefficient immigration. The fact that they have thrived here since the Madrid bombings begets belief, similar to the recent deportation of an Brit/Australian fraudster who has been living here for SEVEN years, Thailand must be harbouring tens of thousands foreign fraudsters and criminals. Thailand gets what it deserves through its ineptness !

It seems most of them are living in Pattaya too.

anyway, how a poor country like Thailand can upgrade its immigration to make things like this not possible in the future anymore?

I am sure the BIG BROTHER USA and its small (lets call it friend but I have some other words in mind) England will send some

donations, maybe we all should send the money we all save because we are living in such a poor country to the government.

Nice example of complete generalisation to brand a significant %age....

err....10's of 1,000's of about, what, half-a-million foreigners

Note Bene: any ideas on rez population of non-Thai National in this fair land, anyone?.... or crims stats of same caught scamming for their daily bread..... :) (

On my guess then, about 10,000 of 500,000 OJ's (Overseas Johnnies, like) = 2 percent'ish..... sounds re-assuring and fallacious at the same time.

Any ideas on the non-Thai resident population in Thailand appreciated.

Top of the morning to you all, foreign or native :D )

British Brewsta

Resident in the Land Of Swindlers

I read something, I believe Wikipedia, that there are now over 2 million expatriate residents in Thailand out of a population of somewhere around 70 million.

The first suspect to be arrested, Thai national Orawan Limprasert, 31, is a girlfriend of a member of the terrorist group that was responsible for the 2004 train bombings, DSI deputy directorgeneral Dusaddee Arayawuth said at a press conference yesterday.

What is an Islamic terrorist doing with a "girlfriend"? He should be stoning himself to death for adultery! :D

...unless its "she" in which case:- she should be stoning herself to death for homosexuality! :)

Well Tonto ole fella !

I will <deleted> now.

NanLaew, I think you've made a really great observation about so many who comment on this board. Seems every tiime I read the comments to a news story, there are always many who trash the Thai government - I wonder why they don't just leave if everything is so screwed up here. For the last six months I have just read the what seem to me to be moronic carping and sniveling and I usually just close the article but on this I feel I must comment.

Maybe I'm totally naive but I was under the impression that the Thai government functions for the benefit of the Thai people and generally within the context of their unique culture and history. Recently a friend who is of the old Thai nobility told me that they understand that there is corruption in their government and they can live with that as long as it is kept at respectable levels. Far too many come to Thailand because they believe that Thailand is just a place to party, get drunk, cavort with Thai women from bars and discos, and generally make sure that the Thai nationals they are in contact with know them as Ugly Americans and Ugly Europeans, and hence the resentment to fair skinned easily recognized farangs. If you don't respect the Thai culture and the Thai people (seems that far too many people characterize women as looking upon them as walking ATMs and all generally greedy and corrupt), why would you want to stay here?

That is awesome mate :)

As for the names thing, well they might have a piece of paper with citizenship but that doesn't make somebody of that nation. In America such a policy worked as people WANTED to be part of that nation. Everyone was in the same boat and the country thrived. That policy won't work in Europe and as time goes by and more and more people get killed, it will be proven so.

Glegolo

Whilst they may have just obtained a British passport by whatever means it could also be that they were born in the UK to parents who were immigrants or whose grandparents were. Remember British people are descended from many races. Scandinavian in the north and French in the south oh and Scandinavian before that. There are also a lot of Spanish and German links as well ( I believe Queen Victoria's first language was German). Also many Brits are born abroad ( Cliff Richard. Spike Milligan, Joanna Lumley, Felicity Kendal to name just a few well known ones in the UK) If they'd been named John or Jane Smith but born in an Arab or African country would that make them ok?

What's most important is what they've done, not their name or where they were born.

Their nationality just gives a place of origin to be deported if necessary and a place to check their records or to obtain help. Of course the validity of their documents should be checked.

Well said!