Will adult Toys Pass Through?

dumbledum

My partner and I intend to travel to Thailand sometime next year and I would like to know if there is any problem with bringing some sex toys with us (like dildos, blind fold), some lube... I just don't want to look like a fool at Customs and have them confiscate it in front of everyone.

Dildos (at least selling them) are illegal in Thailand. No problem with the blindfold or lube. If you risk the dildo, be sure to leave out the batteries, as if it goes off it will look like a bomb.

I'm sorry I have no information to offer, but I am really interested to know how you get along. Please keep us posted :)

The answer is yes. I've brought over, at various times, an assortment of 'toys' with out a hitch. If battery powered I take the cap off and separate the items into different areas of the carry on luggage (I never check bags). Things like dildos, vibrators and strapons came over with out a 2nd look.

Dildos (at least selling them) are illegal in Thailand. No problem with the blindfold or lube. If you risk the dildo, be sure to leave out the batteries, as if it goes off it will look like a bomb.

That reminds me of something that happend to me in the UK, I was travelling a fair bit and left my overnight bag in a general office, I was asked to go to the office and check my bag which was making a vibrating sound, I got there to see all the woman in the office smiling pointing to the bag with that "we know what that is look".

I was pretty embarrased, I was their area manager, but I opened the bag to reveal my electric toothbrush that had turned itself on.

Pretty off topic, but it still tickles me.

^ Now now harrry, you will be one of them sooner or later.

I was 'smuggling' a dildo for the ex- (that b*tch... but I'm not bitter) from HKG a fair few years ago. After it was publicly displayed at Kai Tak by airport security when they searched my carry-on bag, I though 'sod that happening at Don Muang' and consigned the offending thingumabob to my jacket pocket.

After the meal service on TG I reclined my seat. Soon after, I was tapped on the shoulder by the air hostie who was asking, 'Excuse me sir, is that yours?' and looking down, there was my wife's pride-and-joy sitting in the middle of the aisle after it had fallen out of my pocket.

The harder you try to hide 'em, the easier it is to get rumbled IMHO.

The answer is yes. I've brought over, at various times, an assortment of 'toys' with out a hitch. If battery powered I take the cap off and separate the items into different areas of the carry on luggage (I never check bags). Things like dildos, vibrators and strapons came over with out a 2nd look.

I think you haven't provided enough info here. Of course, there won't be a problem if they don't open your bags. Most travelers bags are never opened. The implied question is IF they explicitly discover sex toys, will there THEN be a problem. I feel if they explicitly found a dildo, there may possibly be an issue. I only say this because it is illegal to sell these in Thailand so why would it be legal to carry them over a border?

Lubrication on the other hand is openly sold everywhere and blindfolds are a neutral item often used to help people sleep in light.

Edited by Jingthing

How about blow up sheep for my New Zealand and Welsh pals ? or do you think they should be left deflated ?

They are for medicinal purposes due to neck problems/relief :D:D:)

I've brought many such novelties into LOS over the years for Thai friends as gifts but have never had to open a bag at customs, just thought I'd deal with it if it happens, they seem only interested in booze and tobacco anyway.

On the other hand it did happen once at Panama City airport, the female customs agent yanked a dildo out of my bag and asked "what is THIS?" I replied in a very loud voice (loud voice is ok in Latin America) that I had just had a haemorrhoid operation and that was a therapeutic thing to keep the passage open whilst healing" which was way too much information for her, she dropped it quickly into the bag and sent me on my way.

That reminds me of something that happend to me in the UK, I was travelling a fair bit and left my overnight bag in a general office, I was asked to go to the office and check my bag which was making a vibrating sound, I got there to see all the woman in the office smiling pointing to the bag with that "we know what that is look".

I was pretty embarrased, I was their area manager, but I opened the bag to reveal my electric toothbrush that had turned itself on.

Pretty off topic, but it still tickles me.

Perhaps my most embarrassing moment: I was on an extended 7 week trip here about 15 years ago and my mother came over for 3 weeks. We had a great time traveling through Issan and the north, and even doing some light hiking, despite her age of over 70!

On the last day before her flight back, in the morning I moved her from her hotel to my flat until we left for the airport in the late-afternoon. I went out for the newspaper and when I returned she pointed to the KY and said, "I'm just curious, is that yours or did that come with the apartment?" Nothing more was said, and in fact my Thai mate and her got along wonderfully well; she adored him. But I guess that erased any question that had remained unanswered for so many years.

probably be easier for the op to look at alternative ways to keep his partner happy

I agree, a quick trip into your nearest Market or Grocery Store, in combination with a vivid imagination, shall open up a world of Fresh thinking on the subject.

probably be easier for the op to look at alternative ways to keep his partner happy

I agree, a quick trip into your nearest Market or Grocery Store, in combination with a vivid imagination, shall open up a world of Fresh thinking on the subject.

and... can eat it after.. bargain !

totster :)

^ Just bringing it in for a friend you understand :)

Regards

PS To be serious(ish) the law seems to work on the traditional double standard, so penetrative sex aids are forbidden, but masturbatory aids (for the male) are permitted.

Edited by A_Traveller

That's a really bad idea! Such produce lacks the all important base. You don't want your picture in the ER in the expat press here after a mishap.

That's a really bad idea! Such produce lacks the all important base. You don't want your picture in the ER in the expat press here after a mishap.

Easy, jab a chopstick through the end.. no disappearing tricks then !

totster :)

^ Now now harrry, you will be one of them sooner or later.

I was 'smuggling' a dildo for the ex- (that b*tch... but I'm not bitter) from HKG a fair few years ago. After it was publicly displayed at Kai Tak by airport security when they searched my carry-on bag, I though 'sod that happening at Don Muang' and consigned the offending thingumabob to my jacket pocket.

After the meal service on TG I reclined my seat. Soon after, I was tapped on the shoulder by the air hostie who was asking, 'Excuse me sir, is that yours?' and looking down, there was my wife's pride-and-joy sitting in the middle of the aisle after it had fallen out of my pocket.

The harder you try to hide 'em, the easier it is to get rumbled IMHO.

Thats truely a very funny story, thanks for making my night :)

Illegal, yes as you say so

But if it comes to the worst, deciding to manage by yourself and not to bring it (them) over, you will be able to find some, as I have seen them on display in different areas of Bangkok