Can I Just Have Coffee In My Coffee?!

GuestHouse

MSG is a natural flavor enhancer with almost no ill effects to healthy human beings. Sounds worth a try.

I think you're wrong. MSG virtually has no flavor of its own, but neurologically causes people to experience a more intense flavor from the foods that they eat containing the substance. MSG has a huge list of ill effects to human beings, It feeds cancer and can cause heart attacks and brain damage (neurodegenerative disease), and makes us obese. These are just a few ill affects it has. If you have time I recommend you watching these videos. According to the video reports, it's a slient killer worse than alcohol or drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMUYYdjmA0...ated&search

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIbk5O_Hkf8...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xph84bNde1U...feature=related

If you haven't got time to watch the videos, I recommend quickly looking at this huge list of ill affects MSG can have on a human. I think if you're healthy or not, msg will still poison you.

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/adversereactions.html

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ABSOLUTELY NO boomchalot in ANY food for me or our customers!

Hey, I totally agree with you man. Just so you know, it's called ผงชูรส "pong-chuu-rot". Most Thai people have no idea about the dangers of msg. It might be an explanation for all the obese people here, there seems to be more and more each day. I read that msg makes people obese. When ordering food here, I always say ไม่ใส่ผงชูรส "mai sai pong chu rot"

Check out this picture I found on a Thai website, I hope this isn't real! post-80226-1261303129_thumb.jpg

MSG is a natural flavor enhancer with almost no ill effects to healthy human beings. Sounds worth a try.

I think you're wrong.

TONS of studies over many years prove that you are incorrect.

GET REAL! studies by WHO? the pharma or the food INDUSTRY?

I like the taste of FOOD, not some additives which tell my brain its a cheese potatochip instead of some years old idontknow

Monosodium glutamate, also known as sodium glutamate and MSG, is a sodium salt of the naturally occurring non-essential amino acid glutamic acid

The toxicity of glutamate was then observed by D. R. Lucas and J. P. Newhouse in 1957, when the feeding of monosodium glutamate to newborn mice destroyed the neurons in the inner layers of the retina. Later, in 1969, John Olney discovered the phenomenon was not restricted to the retina, but occurred throughout the brain, and coined the term excitotoxicity. He also assessed that cell death was restricted to postsynaptic neurons, that glutamate agonists were as neurotoxic as their efficiency to activate glutamate receptors, and that glutamate antagonists could stop the neurotoxicity.

ABSOLUTELY NO boomchalot in ANY food for me or our customers!

Hey, I totally agree with you man. Just so you know, it's called ผงชูรส "pong-chuu-rot". Most Thai people have no idea about the dangers of msg. It might be an explanation for all the obese people here, there seems to be more and more each day. I read that msg makes people obese. When ordering food here, I always say ไม่ใส่ผงชูรส "mai sai pong chu rot"

Check out this picture I found on a Thai website, I hope this isn't real! post-80226-1261303129_thumb.jpg

The Japanese 'invented' it and consume the most, barring Sumos they seem to be a very thin people.

Glutomate is naturally occurring anyhow, Marmite is the product with the highest content, who'd have thought marmite was toxic?

Monosodium glutamate, also known as sodium glutamate and MSG, is a sodium salt of the naturally occurring non-essential amino acid glutamic acid

The toxicity of glutamate was then observed by D. R. Lucas and J. P. Newhouse in 1957, when the feeding of monosodium glutamate to newborn mice destroyed the neurons in the inner layers of the retina. Later, in 1969, John Olney discovered the phenomenon was not restricted to the retina, but occurred throughout the brain, and coined the term excitotoxicity. He also assessed that cell death was restricted to postsynaptic neurons, that glutamate agonists were as neurotoxic as their efficiency to activate glutamate receptors, and that glutamate antagonists could stop the neurotoxicity.

They injected it into their eyes.

What did they think would happen....

Thanks for sharing the videos Cllanbkk, just 15min of time watching them but was worth it.

I think we will see much more food enhancements in the future :)

Personally I don't mind what additives are in the food I eat provided I put them there. My choice, my decision and don't give a sh1t how many mice they've poisoned to prove it is "safe" if I want it in I will add it in. That is why I eat predominantly fresh foods that I" know to be free of cr@p. The other day I cooked up a sausage for a sandwich and wasn't too impressed with it so chopped it up and put it in front of the cat. Cat told me in no uncertain terms that I should shove it where the sun don't shine.

Animals are intelligent that way. :)

The other day I cooked up a sausage for a sandwich and wasn't too impressed with it so chopped it up and put it in front of the cat. Cat told me in no uncertain terms that I should shove it where the sun don't shine.

Especially if thety have started talking talking to you !!

Must be something in THEIR food. :D

:)

I have high blood pressure. I take medicine daily to keep it at normal levels.

MSG raises my blood pressure by 30 or 50 points. It goes from 130/80 to 160/80 within a few minutes after I take any MSG.

Just so you know.

:D

MSG raises my blood pressure by 30 or 50 points. It goes from 130/80 to 160/80 within a few minutes after I take any MSG.

Just so you know.

I have to trust Mr. IMA_FARANG on this one.

MSG has a dubious reputation,Garlic is much better and that says a lot.

Just so you know.

Does the same happen when you eat marmite, tomato ketchup or parmesan cheese?

I wish people would post links to some sort of proof or science behind all these claims.

Personally I don't mind what additives are in the food I eat provided I put them there. My choice, my decision and don't give a sh1t how many mice they've poisoned to prove it is "safe" if I want it in I will add it in. That is why I eat predominantly fresh foods that I" know to be free of cr@p. The other day I cooked up a sausage for a sandwich and wasn't too impressed with it so chopped it up and put it in front of the cat. Cat told me in no uncertain terms that I should shove it where the sun don't shine.

some dogs eat other dogs poo sometimes....

some dogs eat other dogs poo sometimes....

Which makes me laugh with disgust when I see people let their dogs lick their face and mouth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

Seeing as how there is a lot of debate on the subject, Wikipedia tends to be relatively close to the facts most of the time. Not all the time, but most of it- especially when it comes to scientific facts.

Just so you know.

Does the same happen when you eat marmite, tomato ketchup or parmesan cheese?

I wish people would post links to some sort of proof or science behind all these claims.

....and I wish people would search the internet for theirselfs sometimes, what is easier as to GOOGLE :D

btw benji, no hard feelings, but have you watched the videos or is it just a waste of time for you to learn the truth?

we have the best thing ever happend to all of us thesedays, we got the internet and dont have to trust just the mass media, the pharmaceutical industry and the worldwide globalisation process.