I Can't Find It , Have You See It In Pattaya

ThaiLife

Well ive searched and searched , sent the blood hounds out ,and called in Sherlock Holmes , but still I can't find a bottle of Master Blend in Pattaya

DSC06811.jpg

Some one told me it may not in production any more so may be that why its being so elusive , Have you spotted it any where in Pattaya ? ... Please let me know :)

Master Blend

Seagram's Master Blend Select Whisky, is a blend of imported scotch malts and select Indian spirits for a rich taste. Initially launched in Andhra Pradesh, where the brand was well received by the consumer, it is now being introduced in West Bengal.

An ideal blend to come home to, after a hard days work, making you relax in its warm glow.

What is it you like about it? Just wondering.

Optimal taste/smoothness for the price?

What is its price point relative to other whiskeys?

Sorry for all the questions, I am not much of a scotch enthusiast but yesterday at lunch we ordered Glenrothes on the rocks, a "highland single malt".

Expensive but good!

:)

Edited by zzdocxx

If it is not too exorbitant and within your budget, then the "Laphroaig" (1520 baht) is an "Islay" single malt and one of the best

whiskies on the planet,period!!! (subjective,of course). It is sold for this price in Best Supermarket on Pattaya Klang, opposite Tops and

is an absolute bruiser of a peaty,smoky malt........it packs an incredibly delicious punch. 'IF' you have never tasted a "smokey Islay"

malt then NO other whisky compares to it.You'll either think it is the dog's gonads or tastes like foul medicine !! :)

Whiskies like Bowmore/Glenfiddick/Glenlivet/Glenmorangie/MacAllan etc... etc.... are all similar'ish varietals of sherry and bourbon

cask maturing and have various levels of fruity and oak overtones.............BUT,BUT,BUT the "Laphroaig" is TOTALLY different to any

other whiskey because of the way it is dried-out.

Anyway,that's enough of my fervour and zeal for now............hope you find what you're looking for!

Edited by lalana

If it is not too exorbitant and within your budget, then the "Laphroaig" (1520 baht) is an "Islay" single malt and one of the best

whiskies on the planet,period!!!

Agreed 100%.

1520 baht (US$50) is quite steep though, I'll wait until I pass through duty free and pay US$25

I was told by Lotus North Pattaya road that Master Blend was no longer in production and they had sent their remaining stock back as there was no call for it from the Thais only from Farang and it wassent worth stocking. since that I have asked EVERYWHERE and the story is mostly the same :)

I was told by Lotus North Pattaya road that Master Blend was no longer in production and they had sent their remaining stock back as there was no call for it from the Thais only from Farang and it wassent worth stocking. since that I have asked EVERYWHERE and the story is mostly the same :)

That's correct, it's gone.

If you are really after Master Blend.....then "Chaiyapreuk Road" in Jomtien has 2 bottles in the local 7/11. I live on this road and I'm

just after seeing them there.

As to my earlier rambling, Nanlaew, my mentioning of Laphroaig was more as an effort to get the OP to see the "light" and make a

switch to fine single-malts 5555+ as opposed to any "same breath" sentiment. It goes with having to be forcibly said that these two

drops are chalk 'n cheese in the difference !!!

As regards the price,Syd,in the UK Laphroaig is anywhere between about 22-27 English Pounds so the price of 1520bht is fantastic

value and surprisingly,amazingly really,close to the UK price !! I am not sure why it is so close to the UK price because other

drops like...." Bowmore/Jura/Glenlivet/MacAllan" are not such good value and as close to the UK price.

Anyway,to the OP, get you ass down to Chaiyapreuk Road if you "really" want a Master Blend......

Similar Style and Taste Scotch Whisky

For anyone who might find it interesting, the following is from a Scotch enthusiast site. Note that your beloved Laphroaig is listed down there in group 6.

=======================

Drinking Scotch Whisky is all about personal taste. Therefore selecting a whisky which gives you enjoyment and pleasure depends entirely on your individual taste. Each of the whisky producing regions of Scotland has its own distinctive style of malt whisky and although it is not possible for any two malts to be identical, it is possible for two whiskies to be alike in style and taste.

Choosing A Scotch Whisky Of Similar Style & Taste

Many people are often looking for a suitable whisky to try, and it can be an expensive mistake if you end up buying something which is not to your taste. To help you with your selection we have compiled the list below of similar style and tasting whiskies. Hopefully you find this list helpful whether you are a novice whisky drinker looking to try something new or you are looking for a gift for a malt whisky loving friend. You will find the list below easy to use for example if you enjoy Famous Grouse you will find this on List 4, therefore you will probably enjoy whiskies from Aberlour or Macallan.

Remember no two Scottish whiskies are identical and there is no right or wrong Scotch whisky it's all down to personal taste. However, here are a few suggestions.

Also See Choosing A Whisky by Flavour

Similar Style & Taste Scotch Whisky List:

Similar Whiskies List 1:

* An Cnoc

* Arran

* Auchentoshan

* Bladnoch

* Littlemill

* Loch Lomond

* St Magdalene

Similar Whiskies List 2:

* Allt-a-Bhainne

* Benriach

* Bushmills (Irish Whiskey)

* Caperdonich

* Cardhu

* Glen Moray

* Glen Ord

* Glenfiddich

* Glengoyne

* Glenkinchie

* Glenmorangie

* Jameson (Irish Whiskey)

* Rosebank

Similar Whiskies List 3:

* Aberfeldy

* Balvenie

* Bells

* Ben Nevis

* Benromach

* Bunnahabhain

* Cragganmore

* Dalwhinnie

* Dewars

* Edradour

* Glen Garioch

* Glen Grant

* Glenlivet

* Johnnie Walker

* Linkwood

* Longmorn

* Royal Lochnagar

* Whyte & Mackay

Similar Whiskies List 4:

* Aberlour

* Aultmore

* Balblair

* Clan Campbell

* Dailuaine

* Dallas Dhu

* Dalmore

* Famous Grouse

* Glendronach

* Glenfarclas

* Glenrothes

* Isle of Jura

* Macallan

* Mortlach

Similar Whiskies List 5:

* Ardmore

* Benrinnes

* Bowmore

* Brora

* Bruichladdich

* Caol Ila

* Clynelish

* Highland Park

* Oban

* Springbank

Similar Whiskies List 6:

* Ardbeg

* Lagavulin

* Laphroaig

* Longrow

* Port Ellen

* Talisker

As regards the price,Syd,in the UK Laphroaig is anywhere between about 22-27 English Pounds so the price of 1520bht is fantastic

value and surprisingly,amazingly really,close to the UK price !! I am not sure why it is so close to the UK price because other

drops like...." Bowmore/Jura/Glenlivet/MacAllan" are not such good value and as close to the UK price.

Well, yes, I see your point but I would draw the line at 'fantastic value'.

The Thai price 1520 baht=28.50 GBP

And Asda UK price is 21.03 GBP

And Tesco UK price is 21.04 GBP

So we still pay a 7.50 surcharge here in Thailand for just 700ml of the stuff!