PB Air Shuts Down On Dec 21

george

PB Air shuts down on Dec 21

PB Air will shut down the business on December 21, due to the economic crisis.

Liquidator Songsak Phaktachai said the airline also does not have enough aircraft and due to losses could not lease airplane.

He insisted that the company would pay compensation to all 188 staff. The scheme would be clear within 7 days.

PB Air started the commercial aviation business in 1990.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-12-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What a pity. They did indeed start as Boonrawd's fleet of aircraft back in 1990. In 1999 it started to offer scheduled flights to anyone.

I flew with them to Nan last year. Good service. On time. Even the food was OK.

They'll be missed.

Just flew them last sumer R/T to Buriam. Looks like the trainext time. I once heard that the Thai Gov't wants that route open. I don't think anyone of the companies ,Thai ,Bangok Air, PB ever made a profit on the Buriram - BKK route.

LL

I'll second that one. What is PB air, where is located etc?

alyx

Rating: 1

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

post 2009-12-18 20:18:21

Post #2

Group: Advanced Members

Member No.: 51,135

Forgive my ignorance but PB air means?

This post has been edited by alyx: 2009-12-18 20:19:11

=> HEY GUYS, NEVER HEARD ABOUT GOOGLE OR YAHOO SEARCH ????????? :)

Just flew them last sumer R/T to Buriam. Looks like the trainext time. I once heard that the Thai Gov't wants that route open. I don't think anyone of the companies ,Thai ,Bangok Air, PB ever made a profit on the Buriram - BKK route.

LL

I think it was the same situation on the Mae Sot route. A smaller aircraft would have been more suitable. Our only alternative now is the bus.

Blast, I flew with them regularly to Nakhom Phanon and Sakhon Nakhon. They were actually quite good. I guess this means I now have to go to Udon each time, that means a bus ride from where I stay in Laos to Vientiane and Udon, adds at least 7 hours to the journey, oh well.

Good luck for PB's personel, they were ever so friendly and efficient in the dealings I had with them.

PB Air and their service from Bangkok to Buriram was a decisive factor in deciding to spend more time up there because of the ease of getting back to civilisation. Around Bt2500 each way was near taxi price (if you think about transfers as well) but when they had the Embraer jets, you could do it in a little over 30 minutes on some days.

I understand that Nok will be servicing Buriram but from Don Muang, which is better for Bangkok but not as handy for Pattaya.