England Squad - The 23

mommysboy

bye bye becksie-wecksie then. at least that saves capello one of his should-have-been-easiest decisions.

(and SWP grins.)

Though i doubt many England fans will be grinning. SWP is nothing more than slightly above average.

should be walcott and lennon above SWP anyway. in fact i'd have ashley young ahead of SWP.

Ashley Young by far the best pick. As Chris Waddle has observed, Walcott has not progressed anything like what he should have.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ashley Young by far the best pick. As Chris Waddle has observed, Walcott has not progressed anything like what he should have.

agree he's not progressed like he might have, but he's still a threat and has played at a higher level to young. young remains unproven and inconsistent at the minute.

agree he's not progressed like he might have, but he's still a threat and has played at a higher level to young. young remains unproven and inconsistent at the minute.

Beckham out! A big loss.

We really need Walcott, Cole, Downing or Milner to make their name now and stamp their autority. Personally, I hope it's Milner.

Beckham out! A big loss.

yes, who now will pass round the half time oranges and pose for after-match photos with nelson mandela?

Beckham out! A big loss.

We really need Walcott, Cole, Downing or Milner to make their name now and stamp their autority. Personally, I hope it's Milner.

Milner will go, of the others difficult to say. Downing is playing well and natural left sided so must be in with a decent shout.

Beckham out! A big loss.

yes, who now will pass round the half time oranges and pose for after-match photos with nelson mandela?

:)

Beckham out! A big loss.

beckam out i would say is not that big aloss, and out of the 4 mentioned milner would apear to be the

best choice, and the bloke can score penalties, he is at present , the most consistent performwr of the 4

Beckham out! A big loss.

beckam out i would say is not that big aloss, and out of the 4 mentioned milner would apear to be the

best choice, and the bloke can score penalties, he is at present , the most consistent performwr of the 4

Beckhams loss does mean that we are probably going to have to watch Lampard persistently kicking the free kicks into the shins of the wall and then looking perplexed as to why he did'nt score. :)

Beckhams loss does mean that we are probably going to have to watch Lampard persistently kicking the free kicks into the shins of the wall and then looking perplexed as to why he did'nt score. :)

if england can't find one bloke out of twenty who can deliver a reasonable corner or free-kick then they don't even deserve to get out of the group stage. barry, lampard and gerrard all take dead-balls for their clubs.

no chance sparkles, the media are loving this. weeks of 'who will now take becks place?' crap, even though most of them knew that he shouldn't in a sane world go anyway. does mean also however that england might do better at penalty shootouts now.

Id go for Adam Johnson, he looks like he's going to be a top player, we need someone who can bring something different to the game ... SWP is average and Milners one dimensional.

Milner one dimensional? - maybe at the Barcodes but under O'Neil the guy has proved his diversity playing across the midfield and FB.

Id go for Adam Johnson, he looks like he's going to be a top player, we need someone who can bring something different to the game ... SWP is average and Milners one dimensional.

One dimensional...hmmm...and how many times have you watched Villa this season? Cleary not very often.

One dimensional...hmmm...and how many times have you watched Villa this season? Cleary not very often.

Exactly none that i can remember, but no matter how much you polish a turd its still just a turd!

He doesnt have anything extraordinary about him, from what ive seen of Johnson he might.

milner's a good and steady player, nothing wrong with him. he won't start on the right for england though as that seems to be the one area of the XI where capello goes for real pace, meaning lennon, walcott or wright-phillips at a stretch.

milner's a good and steady player, nothing wrong with him. he won't start on the right for england though as that seems to be the one area of the XI where capello goes for real pace, meaning lennon, walcott or wright-phillips at a stretch.

You a right and with the Lennon injury and Beckham crocked Mr Walcott is looking a lucky fella because his seasons form has hardly earnt him a place

Never in his worst nightmares do i think Milner thought he would draw a comparison to a turd :) It's a harsh world out there :D

Yes harsh, but i wrote that before going to work never the best time of the day for a clear opinion, he's steady as StevieH says.

In 2002 i think it was Nicky Butt who played out of his skin and looked like a world beater and he's just a steady player, anyone of those listed for the right could potentially come in and do that despite only in my opinion, none of them being truly world class, Lennon has to be the best of the bunch on his day and he has more dependable days.

Still im going for Johnson on either wing as a wildcard, if he gets picked for Man City.

Edited by whichschool

What do you guys think of Adam Johnson ? Maybe this World Cup is too soon but he is looking hot.

Ive only seen him 4 or 5 times but he looks the bees knees, reminds me a bit of a young Chrissy Waddle, there isnt that much creativity in the England squad but he could certainly bring that ... he is a bit taller and stronger then all other potential wingers which is needed in the opposing side of the pitch.

Hes 22 and has had a good 4 or 5 years in the top flight so it shouldnt be too soon, we'll see if Capellos players on form rules applies in the coming months

At least with the Beckhams's and the Coles's not going we may not have to put up with the charade of their birds being almost the main event.

cole should make it still but capello won't leg the wags have any influence at all, unlike svennis who was probably trying to cop off with one or two of them.

i'd have adam johnson in the squad ahead of wright-phillips and young as i think he's just something a bit different and squads should always have an odd random factor to them.

^^^^

According to last Sundays papers Coley isnt going to be fit he's had somekind of complication, and his fit yet ever so irritating bird obviously doesnt put in a performance in the sack as poor ol Ashely had to get a decent bit of hows your father elsewhere, so she wouldnt be there whatever the scenario ... if it were down to me i'd lock all the wags in a cellar and throw away the f'en key, apart from Crouchs misses as she my favourite.

Edited by whichschool

england will miss cole hugely if he's not fit for the world cup. can't stand the little blert but he's become arguably the best left-back in the game.

Think it's pretty much acknowledged the little gobsh1te is the best left back. One of our two world class players

england will miss cole hugely if he's not fit for the world cup. can't stand the little blert but he's become arguably the best left-back in the game.

Think it's pretty much acknowledged the little gobsh1te is the best left back. One of our two world class players

i think england has three really world class players, would be four if ferdinand could stay fit.

cole is one definitely, rooney another and heskey of course.

Never in his worst nightmares do i think Milner thought he would draw a comparison to a turd :) It's a harsh world out there :D

i'm not sure how he could compare Milner to a turd, when he has seen neither play football :D .

Also, has anyone ever seen a turd being polished? :D