England Squad - The 23

mommysboy

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cant see that Stevie, Rooney playing attacking mid when hes played up front all season for man u and is the only decent forward we have, Heskey, your having a laugh, and no wide players :D .

I know i'm a bit bias :) but Huddlestone for Carrick for me and can play centre back.

rooney plays all over the pace for united and his best position for england is in the three behind heskey alongside gerrard. the width comes from your fullbacks, cole and johnson.

Cant see that Stevie, Rooney playing attacking mid when hes played up front all season for man u and is the only decent forward we have, Heskey, your having a laugh, and no wide players :D .

I know i'm a bit bias :) but Huddlestone for Carrick for me and can play centre back.

rooney plays all over the pace for united and his best position for england is in the three behind heskey alongside gerrard. the width comes from your fullbacks, cole and johnson.

Sorry, i thought Rooney played most of his games up front on his own this season and thats where he is most effective :D .

So your saying that we play 5 in midfield with no natural winger/wide player :D , the full backs first job is to defend and you cant rely on them too get crosses in.

Just a shame about Hargreaves,all the conversation points to him if he was fit.

Without a doubt :)

Don't write Hargreaves out of the equation, he still might be the surprise inclusion.

I've a feeling also that he might be the surprise pick too, and FC has said very recently that he has'nt ruled him out

I've a feeling also that he might be the surprise pick too, and FC has said very recently that he has'nt ruled him out

My feeling is it would be a mistake and a complete contradiction to Capello's belief in only playing those currently in form. Owen hasn't been out for weeks or months, he's been out way over a year. You can't simply walk back in to the national team at a World Cup and expect to be match fit and sharp after that. He needs time to build sharpness and confidence.

The closer we get to the World Cup, the more desperate we seem to be becoming.

We are desperate to win a World cup! :)

I hear you there mate.

I have to say though, i've not been as pessimistic as i am now about our chances for a good many years. Go back a few years and i reckon we could rustle together almost half a dozen players who would be considered world class (or pretty close to it) at that time - Owen, Beckham, Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard etc.

Who do we have that is world class now? As i see it, one man. Is it possible to win a World Cup with one world class (half-injured) player? It certainly shouldn't be. I hope i'm proved wrong.

We are desperate to win a World cup! :)

I hear you there mate.

I have to say though, i've not been as pessimistic as i am now about our chances for a good many years. Go back a few years and i reckon we could rustle together almost half a dozen players who would be considered world class (or pretty close to it) at that time - Owen, Beckham, Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard etc.

Who do we have that is world class now? As i see it, one man. Is it possible to win a World Cup with one world class (half-injured) player? It certainly shouldn't be. I hope i'm proved wrong.

I think that Spain are so much better than the rest, with the possible exception of Brazil, i can't see what the concerns are. We're going there for a good run in the competition and a suntan :D

Two payers not mentioned that might be included

Huddelstone, Carragher

Yeah i think there is a good argument for both of them. With Carragher though, i think there is an issue of pride and his inclusion would depend on him swallowing it - not sure that will happen.

Huddelstone, Carragher

Yeah i think there is a good argument for both of them. With Carragher though, i think there is an issue of pride and his inclusion would depend on him swallowing it - not sure that will happen.

Would'nt dream of playing carragher. Huddlestone is an inform player and must be in with a shout but then again i might be biased.

Would'nt dream of playing carragher.

I don't think he'd be much better or worse than Terry and Rio.

probably not, i just think he's a tw$t :D

True but Terry and Rio also fall into that category. :)

Agreed Rix, Dawson and King it shall be.. :D

Huddelstone, Carragher

And in fact to give this some substance:

A number of national newspapers claimed on Saturday that Capello, who is due to name his 30-man provisional squad on Tuesday, is set to include Carragher. It is also believed King could be named in the squad.

Two training camps in Austria and friendlies against Mexico and Japan offer the perfect chance to see how both men fit in to the Italian's planning.

The final 23-man squad is announced on June 1, although, crucially, replacements required due to injury would not have to come from the seven men culled from the original party.

At this point anyone care to give their 30 man squad?, to my mind what was clear cut a few months ago is now bery confusing.

Huddelstone, Carragher

think he's quite likely to do it because he respects capello. the reason he quit in the first place was through being jerked around by mclaren, continually called up and then not picked at centre back while man united's second choice rightback was. if capello calls him up as a centreback he'll probably take it.

think he's quite likely to do it because he respects capello. the reason he quit in the first place was through being jerked around by mclaren, continually called up and then not picked at centre back while man united's second choice rightback was. if capello calls him up as a centreback he'll probably take it.

I'm not sure. If Terry and Rio are fit i think the worry for Carragher won't be being played out of position (because i don't think he will be asked that), it will be being a bench-warmer and not getting a look in. I think Carragher will need some sort of assurance that he will at the very least play, if not start, and i'm not sure Capello will be prepared to offer that.

I'm not sure. If Terry and Rio are fit i think the worry for Carragher won't be being played out of position (because i don't think he will be asked that), it will be being a bench-warmer and not getting a look in. I think Carragher will need some sort of assurance that he will at the very least play, if not start, and i'm not sure Capello will be prepared to offer that.

he also knows that it'll be his last world cup and he had a blast at the last one. took his entire family with him, they took over their own hotel named the 'scouse house' and two of his brothers ended up shagging john terry's mum. :)

he also knows that it'll be his last world cup and he had a blast at the last one. took his entire family with him, they took over their own hotel named the 'scouse house' and two of his brothers ended up shagging john terry's mum. :D

Well OK. Just as long as he's going for the right reasons. :)

he also knows that it'll be his last world cup and he had a blast at the last one. took his entire family with him, they took over their own hotel named the 'scouse house' and two of his brothers ended up shagging john terry's mum. :)

Shoplifters get-together then :D