England Squad - The 23

mommysboy

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Goalkeeper & Centre Half issue is our main problem now, for sure..

Joe Hart for me as keeper.

Terry Dawson + who else? ferdinand but injured to much.

If its true that Ledley King is now able to plat every week (says Rednapp :) ) then he's a must as aside of Ferdinand he's the best English centreback.

Edited by carmine

But ot be fair to him Stevie he's barely had the chance to pick Hargreaves..

Is he nearing some form of fitnees now anyway or was that my imagination ??

I agree on Barry, i see Barry as a LB nayway to be honest & don't think at the real top level he is a CM anyway.

The Centre back pairing is more worrying than the GK in my opinion cos if you had a decent enough Centre Back Pairing, i think Green is a decent enough shot stopper to have behind them but under the sort of pressure our Pillocks ( especially Upson ) have put him under this Year, no wonder he's spent a lot of time picking the ball out of the net..

Has to be Joe Hart or Green for me & i think Capello will pick............................................................................

...........Green, i think.

oh yeah of course, the hargreaves thing is in a perfect injury-free world that's who capello would pick.

i'd go for hart in goal on form but i still think capello will go with experience and play james. it's at times like this you realise that for all the hype and marketing of the premier league england still really don't have that many top class players.

I agree on Barry, i see Barry as a LB nayway to be honest & don't think at the real top level he is a CM anyway.

The Centre back pairing is more worrying than the GK in my opinion cos if you had a decent enough Centre Back Pairing, i think Green is a decent enough shot stopper to have behind them but under the sort of pressure our Pillocks ( especially Upson ) have put him under this Year, no wonder he's spent a lot of time picking the ball out of the net..

Has to be Joe Hart or Green for me & i think Capello will pick............................................................................

oh yeah of course, the hargreaves thing is in a perfect injury-free world that's who capello would pick.

i'd go for hart in goal on form but i still think capello will go with experience and play james. it's at times like this you realise that for all the hype and marketing of the premier league england still really don't have that many top class players.

Unfortunately i agree with all of that :) I was also wondering just how many times calamity can screw up before they finally stop giving him another chance. Hart should be no 1 with Green replacement.

Unfortunately i agree with all of that :) I was also wondering just how many times calamity can screw up before they finally stop giving him another chance. Hart should be no 1 with Green replacement.

it's pretty embarrassing that england's first choice senior goalkeeper is a journeyman sort more famous for his many haircuts and complete cock-ups than he is for his actual goalkeeping ability and reliability. any one of spain's first five goalkeepers would stroll into the england side and improve it instantly.

If its true that Ledley King is now able to plat every week (says Rednapp :) ) then he's a must as aside of Ferdinand he's the best English centreback.

It's not true though Carmine, i t wouldn't be the first time that Harry has lied either..

It's not true, Ledley has started 14 League Games this Season, if his Knee somehow had a miracle cure then he would have started a whole lot more don't you think ??

If you're going by Redknapp's word these days, then Jesus i don't live in hope for much that ypu say anymore..:D

It's not true though Carmine, i t wouldn't be the first time that Harry has lied either..

It's not true, Ledley has started 14 League Games this Season, if his Knee somehow had a miracle cure then he would have started a whole lot more don't you think ??

If you're going by Redknapp's word these days, then Jesus i don't live in hope for much that ypu say anymore..:D

Unfortunately i agree with all of that :D I was also wondering just how many times calamity can screw up before they finally stop giving him another chance. Hart should be no 1 with Green replacement.

it's pretty embarrassing that england's first choice senior goalkeeper is a journeyman sort more famous for his many haircuts and complete cock-ups than he is for his actual goalkeeping ability and reliability. any one of spain's first five goalkeepers would stroll into the england side and improve it instantly.

He's not though, England's first choice GK is Robert Green whther you agree with it or not.

I will be & am Green's biggest critic on here as i probably see him more than anyone else on the Board & i can tell you now, it is a problem i thinkif Green is England's number 1 but what i ma saying is that i'm pretty sure that in Capello's eyes, he is England's number 1..

Look at the Qualifiers fro proof of that, not Friendly Games, look who Capello picked for the Qualifiers..

& i've got one for you going back to Stevies point about the lack of decent English Players..

Without Googling, how many Players would you say, were English that played in the CL at some stage in teh 2009/10 CL campaign ??

Give me an answer for that & then give me an answer for the below & i'll be back at Tea Time with the answer..:)

How many Players would say, were Brazilian that played in the CL at some stage in the 2009/10 CL campaign ??

The answer to both of these questions tell's you everything you need to know about the lack of decent English Footballers & the reason i believe we will never win a major Trophy again.

He's not though, England's first choice GK is Robert Green whther you agree with it or not.

I will be & am Green's biggest critic on here as i probably see him more than anyone else on the Board & i can tell you now, it is a problem i thinkif Green is England's number 1 but what i ma saying is that i'm pretty sure that in Capello's eyes, he is England's number 1..

Look at the Qualifiers fro proof of that, not Friendly Games, look who Capello picked for the Qualifiers..

& i've got one for you going back to Stevies point about the lack of decent English Players..

Without Googling, how many Players would you say, were English that played in the CL at some stage in teh 2009/10 CL campaign ??

Give me an answer for that & then give me an answer for the below & i'll be back at Tea Time with the answer..:)

How many Players would say, were Brazilian that played in the CL at some stage in the 2009/10 CL campaign ??

The answer to both of these questions tell's you everything you need to know about the lack of decent English Footballers & the reason i believe we will never win a major Trophy again.

well, fair enough. i just have a hunch that capello may still start james at the world cup. based on nothing at all really.

regards the CL, it's about 10 isn't it? and that includes people like carragher, campbell and scholes who no longer play? carragher, gerrard, johnson, terry, lampard, cole x 2, ferdinand, scholes, rooney, carrick, campbell, walcott. . .any more?

brasilians it's probably about 60 or something given how many of them there are in russia and portugal.

Give me an answer for that & then give me an answer for the below & i'll be back at Tea Time with the answer.. :)

well, fair enough. i just have a hunch that capello may still start james at the world cup. based on nothing at all really.

regards the CL, it's about 10 isn't it? and that includes people like carragher, campbell and scholes who no longer play? carragher, gerrard, johnson, terry, lampard, cole x 2, ferdinand, scholes, rooney, carrick, campbell, walcott. . .any more?

brasilians it's probably about 60 or something given how many of them there are in russia and portugal.

i believe the figure is 15 English players and over 100 Brazillians. I think i have mentioned this on here because in a "Rednapp" interview he said that he and SAF had been having a chat and had told him of these statistics. No doubt the conversation then moved on to a special deal Harry could do to seal a deal to sell Modric to Utd :D

Believe it or not we do have some great footballers playing for England,the problem is the coaching of them and managing of them as a unit,if we have the luck also and adapt to playing the 4-5-1 well,i can see us going far this year in the World cup.

I think if twenty of us picked the team we think he will play then most of us know what it will be discounting injurys of course.

GREEN

JOHNSON TERRY FERDINAND A COLE

WALCOTT GERRARD CARRICK/BARRY LAMPARD J COLE

ROONEY

REST OF SQUAD

JAMES

HART

UPSON

BROWN

DAWSON/KING?

MILNER

LENNON

DEFOE

CROUCH

HESKEY

THE LAST PLACE IS A TOSS UP DECIDING ON INJURYS AND FITNESS AND WHERE CAPELLO FEELS HE NEEDS COVER FOR THE MOST....I THINK BETWEEN 4 PLAYERS HARGREAVES/YOUNG? IN MIDFIELD OR NEVILLE AND BAINES AT FULL BACK.

REAL SHAME ABOUT HARGREAVES BECAUSE HE WAS OUR BEST PERFORMER IN GERMANY AND IS A REAL DYNAMO IN THE MIDFIELD.I THINK HE WILL TAKE NEVILLE OR BAINES!! :)

Edited by NADTATIDA1

Give me an answer for that & then give me an answer for the below & i'll be back at Tea Time with the answer.. :)

i believe the figure is 15 English players and over 100 Brazillians. I think i have mentioned this on here because in a "Rednapp" interview he said that he and SAF had been having a chat and had told him of these statistics. No doubt the conversation then moved on to a special deal Harry could do to seal a deal to sell Modric to Utd :D

Yep you're right Carmine, i actually had in my head the figures of 14 & 115 but it's there or thereabouts..

Scary huh ??

I'm going to be constructive now and say that the English football team have more chance of winning the America's cup than the World Cup :) .

At this particular moment how many world class players do we have, Zilcho, if a few recover from injuries then we might have 2 in Rooney and Cashley Cole.

The rest of the team are pretty average on this seasons performances and thats being kind, the media are talking about King being in the squad which sums things up how bad things are and just goes to show how much faith Capello has in the centre half position.

A good number of players that will probaly be in the squad are not even first choice for there clubs and number of others have had injury problems for most of the season.

I'm going to be constructive now and say that the English football team have more chance of winning the America's cup than the World Cup :) .

At this particular moment how many world class players do we have, Zilcho, if a few recover from injuries then we might have 2 in Rooney and Cashley Cole.

The rest of the team are pretty average on this seasons performances and thats being kind, the media are talking about King being in the squad which sums things up how bad things are and just goes to show how much faith Capello has in the centre half position.

A good number of players that will probaly be in the squad are not even first choice for there clubs and number of others have had injury problems for most of the season.

I'd add a fully fit Rio Ferdinand to that but basically you're right.

On a positive note, Roy Hodgeson has proven that a half decent team that sticks to a very astute gameplan can over achieve and i think this is where we have to hope and trust in Don Fabio. So far, lets face it, he's been well up to the task.

I'd add a fully fit Rio Ferdinand to that but basically you're right.

On a positive note, Roy Hodgeson has proven that a half decent team that sticks to a very astute gameplan can over achieve and i think this is where we have to hope and trust in Don Fabio. So far, lets face it, he's been well up to the task.

I think Ferdinand has his mind elsewhere these days & not on Football, i wouldn't class him never have, as World Class..

Lampard & Gerrard are the only other Players we have that could even be considered..

Lets face it lads by the time the world cup comes around our boys are knackered from a very tough premier league season.

If englands team was fresh they would be a match for most teams,our one player in rooney who could win u the wold cup was played for 86 mins in a meaningless friendly after playing in the carling cup final on a dodgy wembley pitch and since then he has been a crock,yeah well done england hope he doesnt make it to south africa now.

Lets face it lads by the time the world cup comes around our boys are knackered from a very tough premier league season.

If englands team was fresh they would be a match for most teams,our one player in rooney who could win u the wold cup was played for 86 mins in a meaningless friendly after playing in the carling cup final on a dodgy wembley pitch and since then he has been a crock,yeah well done england hope he doesnt make it to south africa now.

there's absolutely no rational argument against a winter break in english football. all other top leagues manage it.

there's absolutely no rational argument against a winter break in english football. all other top leagues manage it.

Agree mate should have been brought in years ago,would be good as long as teams use for a rest not to arrange money spinning friendlies around the globe.

Agree mate should have been brought in years ago,would be good as long as teams use for a rest not to arrange money spinning friendlies around the globe.

And on this note i don't think the majority of English football fans have any fight to conplain if the national team screws up because most football fans in England give their club side a higher priority anyway

And on this note i don't think the majority of English football fans have any fight to conplain if the national team screws up because most football fans in England give their club side a higher priority anyway

:D Not in June mate they'll be crawling out of every sewer. :)

Edit: Sorry I thought you said WAG's. :D

Edited by smokie36

Believe it or not we do have some great footballers playing for England,the problem is the coaching of them and managing of them as a unit,if we have the luck also and adapt to playing the 4-5-1 well,i can see us going far this year in the World cup.

I think if twenty of us picked the team we think he will play then most of us know what it will be discounting injurys of course.

GREEN

ROONEY

REST OF SQUAD

JAMES

HART

UPSON

BROWN

DAWSON/KING?

MILNER

LENNON

DEFOE

CROUCH

HESKEY

THE LAST PLACE IS A TOSS UP DECIDING ON INJURYS AND FITNESS AND WHERE CAPELLO FEELS HE NEEDS COVER FOR THE MOST....I THINK BETWEEN 4 PLAYERS HARGREAVES/YOUNG? IN MIDFIELD OR NEVILLE AND BAINES AT FULL BACK.

REAL SHAME ABOUT HARGREAVES BECAUSE HE WAS OUR BEST PERFORMER IN GERMANY AND IS A REAL DYNAMO IN THE MIDFIELD.I THINK HE WILL TAKE NEVILLE OR BAINES!! :)

Just a bit surprised about Joe Cole being in your starting eleven. I think there's a chance he won't even be in the squad.

And ersonally, I think it's a big mistake to play without a big target man in the early stages. Capello won't do it I reckon.

GREEN

ROONEY

REST OF SQUAD

JAMES

HART

UPSON

BROWN

DAWSON/KING?

MILNER

LENNON

DEFOE

CROUCH

HESKEY

Just a bit surprised about Joe Cole being in your starting eleven. I think there's a chance he won't even be in the squad.

And ersonally, I think it's a big mistake to play without a big target man in the early stages. Capello won't do it I reckon.

I think if staying injury free and proving himself in the innitial get together he will make the squad and the team,in the early games yes i agree a bit of support for Rooney is needed at the expense of a central holding player but how confident can we be in the early stages against teams that are always up for playing England?

Its the World cup and all that have qualified are capable of beating us!

The team above is what i would like to see maybe starting with Walcott is a risk but we need to get at teams with pace to be successful...Lennon and Cole can also do this.