Redknapp Charged

MSingh

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...were not that interested. If he's guilty, he;s doing bird. If not he'll be back on the Spurs bench in a couple of weeks.coffee1.gif...

Not that interested that you may lose your manager and he'll end up in prison for fraud? Strange way to support a club. blink.png

...were not that interested. If he's guilty, he;s doing bird. If not he'll be back on the Spurs bench in a couple of weeks.coffee1.gif...

Not that interested that you may lose your manager and he'll end up in prison for fraud? Strange way to support a club. blink.png

Managers come and go...just ask Real Madrid supporters.

Where is the OP carms? biggrin.png

I think josephinebloggs is really an alias for Mr Singh 23.gif

I most certainly am not an Indian.

But no matter who i am, not that it makes any difference, people like Henry Redknapp are the reason that Football is in the awful mess it currently is today.

I don't feel that the word " cancer " is too much of a strong word to use in reference to him, but he's not the only one.

Journos having to leave courtroom to tweet –

Jury told that Redknapp only revealed Monaco account when Premier League's Quest inquiry asked him "Do you have offshore bank account?"

Prosecution tell jury that Redknapp didn't tell accountant about his Monaco account for four and half years.

Jury told that Redknapp didn't tell his bank relations manager about Monaco account for five years and eight months

Prosecution say initial civil tax investigation into Redknapp after his £300,000 bonus on Rio Ferdinand transfer found he DID pay tax on it

Redknapp told Quest inquiry that he had accountant who invested the money in his Monaco account for him

Redknapp allegedly said that his accountant had told him that Monaco account had done "not very well" and half investment had been lost

Quest later received letter from Milan Mandaric saying that HE had opened Monaco account for Redknapp and had invested money there for him

Good to see you back singher!

I admit to a peculiar interest in this case. I somehow think there is a little more to it than meets the eye.

A two week jury trial after a massive investigation. Are they after Harry because he is a high profile public figure and they want to make a precedent? Is it because they investigated him before and missed the account?

Does Harry not know what went into the f******g account? Or thought that is tax was paid by Mandaric in America?

Well I assume here is something more interesting than naming his offshore account after his dog.

He does have a property company with over 40m of projects on the south coast so he must know a little bit about business?

I seriously cant believe they are going to spend 2 or 3 weeks discussing diddly squat about diddly squat.

• Like 1

Managers come and go...

So do TV User Names Taggart..biggrin.png

Henry blaming Cockneyism now it seems, and i have every sympathy with the Man as it happens to the best of us, honest....wink.png

http://www.telegraph...on-my-name.html

Hello singher,

It all fairly irrelevent because if wobbly chops doesn't get bird this time he'll be done for the land scam next to Fratton Park.

I admit to a peculiar interest in this case. I somehow think there is a little more to it than meets the eye.

A two week jury trial after a massive investigation. Are they after Harry because he is a high profile public figure and they want to make a precedent? Is it because they investigated him before and missed the account?

Does Harry not know what went into the f******g account? Or thought that is tax was paid by Mandaric in America?

Well I assume here is something more interesting than naming his offshore account after his dog.

He does have a property company with over 40m of projects on the south coast so he must know a little bit about business?

I seriously cant believe they are going to spend 2 or 3 weeks discussing diddly squat about diddly squat.

I'll tell you a little secret my Friend, Her Majesty's Customs & Excise do NOT go to Court to lose and never do as they only bring a case against someone to Court when they've got a cut and dry case and you can quote me on that as i have experienced it first hand on numerous occassions..

Mr Redknapp will be made an example of like you suggest which is unfortunate for him but fortunate for every Englishman there is as the FA will now treat him as a Lepper thank God when it comes to the England Job.

THFC >> Henry Redknapp, a match made in heaven.

Managers come and go...

So do TV User Names Taggart..biggrin.png

Henry blaming Cockneyism now it seems, and i have every sympathy with the Man as it happens to the best of us, honest....wink.png

http://www.telegraph...on-my-name.html

Hello singher,

It all fairly irrelevent because if wobbly chops doesn't get bird this time he'll be done for the land scam next to Fratton Park.

& if he doesn't get done for that the FA will go after him for his admittance of all this 10% on this transfer, 5% on that one & their " conflict of interest " rules that they have in place.

& if they don't get him on that they'll get him on................

Etc etc etc.

I'll tell you a little secret my Friend, Her Majesty's Customs & Excise do NOT go to Court to lose and never do as they only bring a case against someone to Court when they've got a cut and dry case and you can quote me on that as i have experienced it first hand on numerous occassions..

Mr Redknapp will be made an example of like you suggest which is unfortunate for him but fortunate for every Englishman there is as the FA will now treat him as a Lepper thank God when it comes to the England Job.

THFC >> Henry Redknapp, a match made in heaven.

As you well know i've been saying for months he's going down. They don't go to trial these days unless they have a very strong case and all scrotum face can come up with is its because he's a f*cking cockney!

And no its not a match made in heaven mate. Were a well run club.

BTW, do you think Spurs are a team on the up? biggrin.png

I'll be honest with you Carmine, i actually thought he might actually be able to give a decent account of himself ( although it never entered my thought process that he wouldn't be guilty of what he's charged for as i've seen a copy of the Monaco Account that was widely distributed online a few months back ) but after 3 days of the case, i am now in complete disbelief and am thinking along the lines of Anorak when he felt the need to ask " he must know a little bit about business ? "

The whole thing is a joke and completely embarassing at how ridiculous he has conducted himself, Rosie jokes aside.

Day 3 summing up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9037050/Harry-Redknapp-kept-offshore-account-in-Monaco-a-secret-from-his-own-advisers-court-is-told.html

But i just have to put one in to lighten up you mood, touches on the Cockneyist people that's he's fighting against every day too, bless him..;)

No income tax, no VAT, no Premiership points off Man City, in the dock, face so pale, 'arry Redknapps' going to jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail.............. clap2.gif

Here is Rosie by the way

post-142063-0-54530800-1327558418_thumb.

And no its not a match made in heaven mate. Were a well run club.

BTW, do you think Spurs are a team on the up? biggrin.png

Oh it is Carmine, it most definitely is.

We haven't even started on the 4 Men arrested who were employed by a Private Investigator Company for stealing employee's WHUFC private information as well as putting 14 members of the OPLC " under surveillance " and one of your accountants ( Howard Hill ) being arrested for fraud recently too have we ??

Make no mistake Mate, your Club is horrid, all the way through but if that's what you call a " well run Club " then who am i to argue.

& on the up ?? No, never, but an excellent side that's for sure..

I'll be honest with you Carmine, i actually thought he might actually be able to give a decent account of himself ( although it never entered my thought process that he wouldn't be guilty of what he's charged for as i've seen a copy of the Monaco Account that was widely distributed online a few months back ) but after 3 days of the case, i am now in complete disbelief and am thinking along the lines of Anorak when he felt the need to ask " he must know a little bit about business ? "

The whole thing is a joke and completely embarassing at how ridiculous he has conducted himself, Rosie jokes aside.

Day 3 summing up.

http://www.telegraph...rt-is-told.html

But i just have to put one in to lighten up you mood, touches on the Cockneyist people that's he's fighting against every day too, bless him..wink.png

No income tax, no VAT, no Premiership points off Man City, in the dock, face so pale, 'arry Redknapps' going to jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail.............. clap2.gif

Here is Rosie by the way

Thanks for the picture of Rosie. Nice touch.

You know mate, i've taken it as a given for sometime now that he's going down. I'm not concerned about a longterm replacement, were a very proposition for a top manager. its the shorterm management and tactics of Bond and Jordan that scares the sh*t out of me and should bring a smile to all followers of Wet Spam. What do you think? If they take over until the end of the season we could very well miss out on top four. I think that is a very grave possibility.

PS Go easy on the scousers thread....they are extremely sensitive of late. No one wants to play. biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

Day 3 summing up.

http://www.telegraph...rt-is-told.html

But i just have to put one in to lighten up you mood, touches on the Cockneyist people that's he's fighting against every day too, bless him..wink.png

Here is Rosie by the way

Josephine,

We are generally well informed about his offshore accounts, the deposits, the name of the deposits, the investigation, the assistance of the US is helping the UK form a case etc. I think it is one of the reasons that some people on these threads do not need them repeated again.

Personally I think there is a lot more to come out. In particular his property development company on the south coast with over 30m of projects - Pierfront development. And the mysteroius land deals between Mandaric and Harry that transferred Portsmouth property to their companies at nominal prices ahead of administration.

I rather feel the prosecution case that has cost several million quid is about more than his offshore account. But maybe the revenue is only interested in prosecuting a high profile figure so as to set a precedent.

So what's the penalty if he's found guilty? Fine? Jail time? Is he in danger of losing his job?

JimJim, we have covered this in great detail in the spurs thread a couple of months ago. If you are really interested in the case there is plenty of detail and far more than has come out so far. It is why certain Spurs fans are not really interested in a repetition of some thing they knew about or werent interested in etc..

Just so you know the maximum penalty is life imprisonment, the guideline is 3-5 years, the actual might be substantially less. All that assumes he is found guilty.

BTW I see that Redknapp is as low as 6/1 to be the next manager to be sacked. Personally I dont think there is much in this apart from the fact that the bookies have worked out he is on trial.

Trial so far has been incredibly boring.

Now Harry's defense is claiming he is illiterate and writes like a two year old. Pathetic to put it mildly.

Daniel Levy, not a fan of Harrys on a personal level, must be wincing with embarrassment.

Still no doubt "Josephine" will appear later with yet more in depth details concerning the trial.

Now Harry's defense is claiming he is illiterate and writes like a two year old. Pathetic to put it mildly.

Daniel Levy, not a fan of Harrys on a personal level, must be wincing with embarrassment.

Still no doubt "Josephine" will appear later with yet more in depth details concerning the trial.

Maybe he can only write like a two year old.

Doesnt stop him from holding down a job of a weekly columnist for a trashy tabloid though.

Actually my favorite line in this so far relates to Redknapp who is after his full 10% cut on the Crouch sale.

Redknapp said he then told Mandaric: "I don't want to end up with a tax bill."

So what Redknapp is saying that he wants to be paid what he thinks he earnt but he doesnt want to pay tax on his earnings. Yeah which is why you went to Monaco, set up an offshore account, and had the money deposited there. Of course if Mandaric had just given him a large paper brown envelope with the money stuffed into it, there wouldnt have been any of these problems.

Maybe he can only write like a two year old.

Doesnt stop him from holding down a job of a weekly columnist for a trashy tabloid though.

Actually my favorite line in this so far relates to Redknapp who is after his full 10% cut on the Crouch sale.

Redknapp said he then told Mandaric: "I don't want to end up with a tax bill."

So what Redknapp is saying that he wants to be paid what he thinks he earnt but he doesnt want to pay tax on his earnings. Yeah which is why you went to Monaco, set up an offshore account, and had the money deposited there. Of course if Mandaric had just given him a large paper brown envelope with the money stuffed into it, there wouldnt have been any of these problems.

Its embarrassing and farcical isn't it!

I'm expecting my old mate singher to give us further updates as i reckon him and imola will have ring side seats. They'll be purring at the downfall of wobbly chops. biggrin.png

The 'I cant read' 'I cant write' 'dont know what a computer is' gotta funny accent cos I am thick' run of excuses you would have thought would rule him out of being a manager in the first place. 'I went to Monaco to open an account, it could have been anywhere, it just seemed like a nice place.'

What doesnt cut it is that he has considerable business interests.

Take a look at this for instance - a 91 beachfront condominium development in Portsmouth.

http://www.whathouse.co.uk/news/Harry-Redknapps-firm-to-build-91-new-homes-in-Portsmouth-225

Conveniently now no longer required to build the 28 low cost affordable homes that were part of the original contract.

One of the malicious rumors that were going around when Portsmouth fell into administration is that they had transferred much of the clubs land holdings to Mandaric and Redknapp at a fairly moderate fee prior to administration. Obviously asset stripping a club prior to bankruptcy is an accusation that is made against a lot of clubs that go bankrupt. In any case, even if it had happened, obviously Redknapp wouldnt understand the issue, wouldnt remember buying the land and doesnt understand or want to get involved in these complicated business matters.

BTW, the ways things are panning out it very much looks as though Redknapp's excuse for being innocent is so feeble that he is protecting Mandaric from being guilty. Given that the two dont get on great nowadays this would seem surprising. I can see Mandaric (who is almost certainly incredibly dodgy) being declared innocent on the basis of Redknapp's testimony. While Redknapp's defense seems inherently self-incriminatory.

BTW if Redknapp was going to go who would replace him.

According to the bookies it is....

Hughes

O'Neill

Ancellotti

Capello

Hmm strange choices to me.... Not that I have an obvious candidate....but maybe....

Moyes

Lambert

Rodgers

Coyle

Deschamps

Hughes

O'Neill

Ancellotti

Capello

Hmm strange choices to me.... Not that I have an obvious candidate....but maybe....

Moyes

Lambert

Rodgers

Coyle

Deschamps

Ancelotti has just signed at PSG, O'Neil to Sunderland.....what are they on about.

The only credible name on there that looks credible to me is Deschamps.

Hughes

O'Neill

Ancellotti

Capello

Moyes

Lambert

Rodgers

Coyle

Deschamps

Ancelotti has just signed at PSG, O'Neil to Sunderland.....what are they on about.

Yes I agree it is a crappy list - Hughes has taken the QPR job and Capello is far too old.

However it is not as though there are a whole bunch of alternatives. Deschamps has no EPL experience. Moyes is pretty credible but not a popular choice. Lambert and Rodgers really dont have the experience or a track record at a decent level. So whoever you choose will be a bit of a gamble.

Hughes

O'Neill

Ancellotti

Capello

Moyes

Lambert

Rodgers

Coyle

Deschamps

Yes I agree it is a crappy list - Hughes has taken the QPR job and Capello is far too old.

However it is not as though there are a whole bunch of alternatives. Deschamps has no EPL experience. Moyes is pretty credible but not a popular choice. Lambert and Rodgers really dont have the experience or a track record at a decent level. So whoever you choose will be a bit of a gamble.

Agreed and if these were the options i'd go for Deschamps. He does also have a certain knowledge of the premier league when he played for Chelsea

Hughes

O'Neill

Ancellotti

Capello

Moyes

Lambert

Rodgers

Coyle

Deschamps

Agreed and if these were the options i'd go for Deschamps. He does also have a certain knowledge of the premier league when he played for Chelsea

If you dont mind me saying that is like arguing that Rooney would be a good manager on the basis that he was a very good player who played for United

Actually I believe that the evidence indicates the opposite. Say we know that United have some very good players - Hughes, Robson. Keane - who were totally crap managers.