Two Foreigners Arrested For Heroin Possession

webfact

Drug dealers, importers, exporters deserve a swift trial before they are hung from the nearest gallows.

Watch it, with talk like that JackSpratt will be in here shortly to condemn you a member of the thai visa hang em high brigade :)

No need for me to condemn him - he does it out of his own mouth.

If you have a spare moment nd, can you please post a short dissertation on the overwhelming successes of the current prohibition policies. :D

By success, I don't mean the ongoing gorging of the prohibition industry (read law enforcement/courts/prisons) on the illicit drugs teat. Not to mention the traders.

I'd like to help out Jack, but im in the land of LOS and all my data is back in Oz & of course the part of your request I have highlighted above rules out what I have to say on the issue and Im not too ashamed to admit it.

Anyway, hopefully I havent held you up for a bong session with ur mates :D

Finally, you may also notice that I didnt call for these twits to be hung high, so what are you going to lable me now :D

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep reading this <deleted>, make it all free and there will be no criminals, no crime, no prison. Apply this to all drugs, of course. we end up with with a world full of spaced out, or pissed up, addicts, destroying themselves and everyone around them. But of course, me and you keep working to support their free drugs and re-hab programs.

Well if that's what you want, you pay for it. Personally, I believe in self responsibility. Countries make laws to restrict the damage done, not always wisely, but that's how democracy works. You want to break those laws, and get my sympathy, you're bang out of luck.

Also, if you want people to respect your views, learn how to spell.

So Mick are we to assume that as you seem to support the current system, you are also happy to pay your share of the costs of that system? Or have you opted out?

Those costs being far greater, of course, than would be the case under an alternative. :D

Ohhh Jack, so you say :) , tell me, you base these guesstimates on what?

Also can you opt out of other community related taxes etc, like the ones that support your welfare children, the schooling, healthcare etc???? :D:D

What about if you dont leave the property and dont drive on the roads, can you avoid paying taxes there too?

You really havent thought this stuff thru, have ya jackie? So typical :D

Anyway, back to your superior ways of doing things.....have you ever thought of becoming a politician, all this empty LIP SERVICE ur sproutn off certainly makes me feel so.

How many people's lives have been ruined by heroine? How many people's by alcohol? Alcohol is far more dangerous in my opinion. If someone wants to do heroine, let them. We let alcoholics become parents, kill people on the road, mess up families, destroy lives beyond their own, and still let them drink. Amazing. Then these same types of people and others have no problem saying we should let drug addicts rot in hel_l and vilify them for doing what alcoholics do everyday. Anyone with me on this or am I alone here?

Edited by luluanator

How can one that would indicate disapproval of a criminal and selfish act act in the same sentence advocate for illegal criminal acts as well? Either one is for law, order and justice consistently or one is not.
May they spend the rest of their days taking it in the bum at the Bankok Hilton.

Rape is not amusing. What does it say about a person that finds the forced insertion of a penis into an unwilling person's rectum acceptable? Think about it. I would be more worried that a person who thinks rape is ok was walking the streets. Perhaps this is a sexual fantasy. However, it really is quite creepy.

And to those that want to bring up the issue of the heroin crop in Afghanistan. The fact of the matter is that the Taliban has always allowed the cultivation because it kept various warlords happy and it was those warlords that could make or break the Taliban. The money siphoned off goes along way in paying for the various dueling factions. Human vbeings are greedy, whether they are in a turban, dashiki, hotpants or a singlet.

it may surprise some to know that most of the heroin makes it way to Europe, Turkey and Iran. North America still sources most of its heroin from the Golden Triangle. All about logistics. Iran wants the trade stopped just as much as anyone else because of the damage being done to its communities.

And everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I would hope that people in here have enough respect for the concepts of law and order and justice to allow a fair trial and not go on the statements of the local police which have a credibility problem. Maybe these 2 are guilty, but let's have a trial first before they are executed. Thanks.

Thank you for some humane words on this post.

and i thought all those nigerians in bangkok where only there sight seeing :)

So every Nigerian in Bangkok (and I doubt you can tell a Nigerian from other black people - so essentially you are saying every black person) is here for the purpose of heroin trafficking?

What if a non-white foreigner made the same assumption about all white foreigners based upon one of them being arrested with a large amount of drugs - or committing any other crime?

You should be ashamed of yourself for such blatant and ignorant racism.

Edited by DegenFarang

Hmmm,

Why are there somany pro-drugs here on this forum?

Why people keep smuggling here in Thailand knowing the law here?

Hope the foreign drug smugglers in overseas jails, and there are many, have a nice x-mas! :)

Errrmmmm???? I think they must do it for the money? Only 1 in a few thousand get caught so if you "hang em high" you'll always have another mug to fill thier boots. Im not Pro drugs but people risk their lives everyday in the coal mines of the developing world for a few dollars a day so risking their freedom for a few grand and a free holiday must be tempting. You gotta put it into perspective, it's here to stay!

and i thought all those nigerians in bangkok where only there sight seeing :)

So every Nigerian in Bangkok (and I doubt you can tell a Nigerian from other black people - so essentially you are saying every black person) is here for the purpose of heroin trafficking?

What if a non-white foreigner made the same assumption about all white foreigners based upon one of them being arrested with a large amount of drugs - or committing any other crime?

You should be ashamed of yourself for such blatant and ignorant racism.

The vast majority of Africans who come to Thailand either come to teach English for triple what they'd get at home or come with a bunch of cash to buy stuff to export back home for a profit. I'm not talking drugs I'm talking produce like watches, bags and T shirts that don't hurt anyone even if they are fakes. Ignorant racism is a disease! If you wanna be a racist go home and be one as we're all an ethnic minority here!

Ten posts have been deleted. I just can't see what the USA, gun powder, bombs, the illuminati, <deleted>, etc. have to do with this topic. From this point forward, mods are free to delete off-topic and nonsensical posts without any notification.

--

Maestro

Don't you just love the way the Nigerians are so inventive? :D

And I thought they were only engaged in email scams!

I get regular emails asking for my bank account details, so they can

deposit millions of $US into it!

:)

Put these people out of business and legalise it.

You can buy anything you want drug wise from the hundreds of Nigerians who are now in the process of detroying the Soi 3 area of bangkok...Where the hel_l are the Thai Police. This is becoming a very serious problem...How do these people get into this country and continue to stay here selling drugs and running the black prositues on Sunkhumvit Road from Soi 3 to Soi 5 .. Wake up Thai Police and politicians before it's too late

Again, a verry bad promotion for Thailand.

In normal countriy (europe) this woud never comes in the news. :)

They are still not guilty and you, The Nation, are you sure that not the police put the drogs in the luggage?

And please "The Nation" do not send all the time such stupid and rassist ariticles as news.

.... i know "mei kautschai" ...; i am no Thai and no US.... as Pratschdigdog?

Just pray that their lives will end early in jail so they do not have to suffer that ...

Sorry, shame on you

Pakistani and Nigerian, who gives a toss if they are guilty or not this time... chuck away the keys.... and should be execution for such a large amount... in public would be good viewing..!!!!

I go to Bangkok on business weekly and recently I have been hassled more than once by the Nigerians around Sukhumvit selling drugs. On one occaision I was with my wife.

If Thailand does not get a grip of this situation that in my opinion has esculated over the last year it will be too late.

So let me see if I understand this. although the supply of heroine locally is tragically huge and the prices low, they are bringing it into the country, running the risk of discovery both in Pakistan and in Thailand and than they sell it in BKK?

Makes good business sense, or should he have mistaken Bangkok for Singapore?

As someone much wiser than me once said 'Some people don't have the brains they were born with'.

I also read recently that there are more Nigerians in Thai jails than any other foriegners.

I thnk the Burmese take this prize by a wide margin. Prisons like Ratchburi are about 50% Burmese.

I guess that Bangkok is a "hub" heroin distribution and the Nigerian would have fished the condoms out of the Pakistani's pooh and made another courier swallow them for onward transportation to Europe. Luckily the Thai authorities have just embarked on a "hub crackdown".

How can one that would indicate disapproval of a criminal and selfish act act in the same sentence advocate for illegal criminal acts as well? Either one is for law, order and justice consistently or one is not.
May they spend the rest of their days taking it in the bum at the Bankok Hilton.

Rape is not amusing. What does it say about a person that finds the forced insertion of a penis into an unwilling person's rectum acceptable? Think about it. I would be more worried that a person who thinks rape is ok was walking the streets. Perhaps this is a sexual fantasy. However, it really is quite creepy.

And to those that want to bring up the issue of the heroin crop in Afghanistan. The fact of the matter is that the Taliban has always allowed the cultivation because it kept various warlords happy and it was those warlords that could make or break the Taliban. The money siphoned off goes along way in paying for the various dueling factions. Human vbeings are greedy, whether they are in a turban, dashiki, hotpants or a singlet.

it may surprise some to know that most of the heroin makes it way to Europe, Turkey and Iran. North America still sources most of its heroin from the Golden Triangle. All about logistics. Iran wants the trade stopped just as much as anyone else because of the damage being done to its communities.

And everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I would hope that people in here have enough respect for the concepts of law and order and justice to allow a fair trial and not go on the statements of the local police which have a credibility problem. Maybe these 2 are guilty, but let's have a trial first before they are executed. Thanks.

I think your comments are spot on geriatrickid.

I only wish the police here did not need to announce the catches so quickly (perhaps they are trying too hard to fix the public image) In some other countries the police would have kept a lid on it and squeezed more info out of them and been able to trace back to the real culprits not just the mule (I guess these people are only the messengers) perhaps they could have set up a sting operation to get the bosses.

Or have I just been watching too many movies and lost all sense or reality ?

So let me see if I understand this. although the supply of heroine locally is tragically huge and the prices low, they are bringing it into the country, running the risk of discovery both in Pakistan and in Thailand and than they sell it in BKK?

Makes good business sense, or should he have mistaken Bangkok for Singapore?

The supply of heroin locally is not tragically huge. In fact it's minimal in comparison to the supply of meth (yaba) which indeed is huge.

As someone else pointed out maybe the end destination of the heroin was somewhere else.

That's over one pound of heroin. It appears they are alleged heroin dealers not just a possession offense. If they can be proven heroin dealers, Hang em, hang em high. Thailand shouldn't have to pay to keep foreign heroin dealers locked up for long periods of time. Their life is finished anyway instead of the lives of the people they would sell heroin to. Request payment for imprisonment from their home countries and if they don't pay send them the ashes. Up to them....don't send Thailand your criminals- deny them a passport.

Again, a verry bad promotion for Thailand.

In normal countriy (europe) this woud never comes in the news. :)

They are still not guilty and you, The Nation, are you sure that not the police put the drogs in the luggage?

And please "The Nation" do not send all the time such stupid and rassist ariticles as news.

.... i know "mei kautschai" ...; i am no Thai and no US.... as Pratschdigdog?

Just pray that their lives will end early in jail so they do not have to suffer that ...

Sorry, shame on you

Dear Khun Somrak, Kothoot na khrap,

Sorry, but it would be in all newspapers in any European country. Maybe not in Holland, but it’s not a very bad promotion for Thailand. It’s very bad for all foreigners who decided to live and work here. Indeed, it has to be proofed that they’re guilty.

Have you ever heard about the “Nigerian Connection” in Thailand? Normally they bring a lot of cocaine to your country, that’s why Nigerians are on a kind of blacklist, not because of the color of their skin.

This stuff is pretty cheap in Pakistan, and people make a fortune destroying other peoples’ lives. I guess they’ll have a long time to think about what they did wrong and they won’t do that again. No shame for your country.

post-39518-1261374370_thumb.jpg

I go to Bangkok on business weekly and recently I have been hassled more than once by the Nigerians around Sukhumvit selling drugs. On one occaision I was with my wife.

If Thailand does not get a grip of this situation that in my opinion has esculated over the last year it will be too late.

Too late for what? :D

Strangely enuf, nobody ever approaches me and tries to sell drugs to me, must be my unfriendly disposition or that dont talk to me asshol_e look I give or something :)