Homeless Swedes Face Deportation From Phuket

webfact

There but for the grace of God eh! Not much christmas spirit on TV, just the spirit; talking of which it and a lack of cash is proberbly the cause of most of their troubles.

A little compassion can go a long way & remember that alcoholics need treatment for their disorder, not derision!36_19_5.gif

Totally agreed... :)

P.S.: I was going to verbally insult some other posters... but, at the end, I've decided to wait until next year to get banned!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spare me effin days --- 660 reading this topic, what a impact these two <deleted> have had on this forum.

Simple, send the scumbags home with a positive NO RE-ENTRY and keep them out of my space.

For what ever reason it's people like this that finish up in the back blocks of Isaan without a "Pot to piss in" and sponge off both Thais and Farang without so much as a thank you.

NO MERCY FROM ME --- F#@K OFF.

Why dont ya tell us what your really thinking :)

There but for the grace of God eh! Not much christmas spirit on TV, just the spirit; talking of which it and a lack of cash is proberbly the cause of most of their troubles.

A little compassion can go a long way & remember that alcoholics need treatment for their disorder, not derision!36_19_5.gif

Totally agreed... :)

P.S.: I was going to verbally insult some other posters... but, at the end, I've decided to wait until next year to get banned!

AND bring on the "god botherers" and "hand wringers"

So why are there hundreds and hundreds of foreigners being held at the immigration detention center in Bangkok? Are all of them just waiting for their home countries to arrange air tickets for them? I wasn't under the impression that if you were caught overstaying your visa for a lengthy period of time you were simply deported immediately...

Considering where they were found (sleeping/drunk on the sidewalk) and their sorry condition with only 3 baht to their names - One look at them the immigration officer realized.... Hmmm can't squeeze any more baht out of these two..... Outta here!!!!!!!!! :):D:D

I feel a bit sorry for them, they obviously love the place to have stayed here homeless without seeking help.

I hope they do return one day if that is there wish.

sorry but i dont have anny sympathie for them people know whats happens if you overstay an manny people dont respect the immigration Law

Spare me effin days --- 660 reading this topic, what a impact these two <deleted> have had on this forum.

Simple, send the scumbags home with a positive NO RE-ENTRY and keep them out of my space.

For what ever reason it's people like this that finish up in the back blocks of Isaan without a "Pot to piss in" and sponge off both Thais and Farang without so much as a thank you.

NO MERCY FROM ME --- F#@K OFF.

I can see why you stay unknown, you must be ashamed of the things that you say, most of the time, one should have respect for self and others and have responsibilty for "all" of their actions, you don't seem to be there, sad, I still wish you well, It's never to late to show a little Aloha.

374.bmp

374.bmp

Edited by koto

I feel a bit sorry for them, they obviously love the place to have stayed here homeless without seeking help.

I hope they do return one day if that is there wish.

sorry but i dont have anny sympathie for them people know whats happens if you overstay an manny people dont respect the immigration Law

Oh your so cruel! I think we should import all the homeless pissheads from Europe and let them stay here on the streets of Thailand and outside every minimart asking for money without visas. It's not their fault they've just fallen on hard times and need a warm street to sleep on. Can we get real? You break the law you pay the price! I think all Europeans are educated to a high enough standard where they can understand the basic laws of the country they have the good fortune to live in so if they break them then so beit, hometime!

Edited by Jirapa

It is better to be homeless in Thailand than in Sweden :) , I guess...

LOS is nice and warm, alcohol is cheap (go for the Lao Kaow) and the police is very friendly (according to them!) I doubt if the Swedish embassy pay for tickets; normally they will not!!!

So, they will probably stay a bit longer in Thailand (but not in Phuket!)

I can see why you stay unknown, you must be ashamed of the things that you say, most of the time, one should have respect for self and others and have responsibilty for "all" of their actions, you don't seem to be there, sad, I still wish you well, It's never to late to show a little Aloha.
Another social engineer !! Haven't you people done enough damage? You want to know me send a PM I'm NOT anonimous !!

It is better to be homeless in Thailand than in Sweden :) , I guess...

LOS is nice and warm, alcohol is cheap (go for the Lao Kaow) and the police is very friendly (according to them!) I doubt if the Swedish embassy pay for tickets; normally they will not!!!

So, they will probably stay a bit longer in Thailand (but not in Phuket!)

Well, after reading 100 posts on this breaking news I am signing off. I have had all the Christmas spirit I can absorb from you soft warm cuddly members.

I always understood if you went to the airport with your overstay and paid on the way out the worse that happens was a 20k baht fine, but if your arrested by the cops and face court over it, I thought it meant more.

Obviously their embassy now organises for them to be sent back home and they will have to repay their country somehow......I don't think they will be back in a hurry.

If immigration arrests you, you normaly will just have to pay the normal overstay fine. But now they can and will hold you in the immigration jail till you have paid the fine and have a ticket out of the country.

Believe the judge can order you to pay a stiffer fine.

What a brilliant idea to impose a fine, then they just pay it and go home - providing the combined fine and airfare is no more than 1.5 baht each :)

I wonder if they are members of Thai Visa?

Wouldn't surprise me. The photo of that guy is spot on for how I picture most members of this forum.

Are you sure your not just looking in the mirror? :)

I agree with you neverdie. With a forum name like "DeganFarang" and a totally out of order comment like that, he or she is just asking for a lambasting. "The dog" or in this case he who barks/laughs loudest............etc.

...if they really wanted they could work, even on thai wages, in so many hotels and guesthouses in phuket - looks, like they are alkoholics, not able to take care of themselves...

Better don't judge, unless you know all the facts; even if you feel that you are right :)

I like these two better than Mr. Teal who is a lot more rich, but no less un-legal.

Very true, why people are always judging without knowing more than just the polarized story in the news, I dislike that a lot.

Thailand is no place to be without money and can be hel_l on earth without it. These two need to be sent back to Sweden where social services can take care of them.

Their behaviour reflects on other foreigners and certainly makes it harder in the end for all of us.

I think what you are saying is against Thai Visa rules 1 & 4.... You can not say that

I hope these two vagrant scum get tossed on their welfare butts back to Sweden. There's no excuse for two middle aged farang to be unemployed and penniless in this world especially with all the opportunities weighed in their favor back home in a wonderful country like Sweden. They should be completely ashamed of themselves. These wastes of air give all farang living in Thailand legitimately a bad name.

a couple of yrs ago i had my own scene with the swedes. They came in and rented 7 of my 9 houses, put the partial payment down with the promise to pay the balance when their boss arrived. long story short the boss arrived many sad stories and they had to be removed by the police which is when we found they had up to 5 people living in one bed room houses. Drank all night slept all day everyday. They moved to a different area and did the same thing there until they were finally kicked out there too.

...if they really wanted they could work, even on thai wages, in so many hotels and guesthouses in phuket - looks, like they are alkoholics, not able to take care of themselves...

Better don't judge, unless you know all the facts; even if you feel that you are right :)

I like these two better than Mr. Teal who is a lot more rich, but no less un-legal.

Very true, why people are always judging without knowing more than just the polarized story in the news, I dislike that a lot.

Well pull up a phew manilalover, your really not going to enjoy it here.

I hope these two vagrant scum get tossed on their welfare butts back to Sweden. There's no excuse for two middle aged farang to be unemployed and penniless in this world especially with all the opportunities weighed in their favor back home in a wonderful country like Sweden. They should be completely ashamed of themselves. These wastes of air give all farang living in Thailand legitimately a bad name.

a couple of yrs ago i had my own scene with the swedes. They came in and rented 7 of my 9 houses, put the partial payment down with the promise to pay the balance when their boss arrived. long story short the boss arrived many sad stories and they had to be removed by the police which is when we found they had up to 5 people living in one bed room houses. Drank all night slept all day everyday. They moved to a different area and did the same thing there until they were finally kicked out there too.

So like so many others, you have a run in with half a dozen people from a particular culture, so you then write off millions of others from that culture.......surely they must all be the same, this news report only confirms that idea :)

The only difference between the two Swedish homeless and many of those proud brave posters is the money. Many of you, rich alcoholic, with your daily 10 or more beers and your fast fingers on the keyboard, and 2 poor guys alcoholic too, but without one (3) baht.

I repeat. I feel ashamed for many of the posters of this thread.

:)

Strange story. They're lucky to be from Sweden; If they were Canadians, they would be left to rot by the Canadian embassy, no doubt.

If they are alcoholic they should seek treatment before coming back in the land of sins.

P.

I suggest you learn about your country making an inaccurate statement off in a public forum. Social assistance programs are the responsibility of the provinces. That means medical care and "welfare" payments. Some provinces are more generous than others and that is a reflection of the respective provincial electorate's sentiment. The Canadian federal government does disburse funds in the event people are victimized abroad. These people are not victims, but made the decision to run off to Thailand and live this way.

FYI and for those Canadians in Thailand that are victims of crime

What is the Victims Fund — Emergency Financial Assistance for Canadians Victimized Abroad?

As of April 1, 2007, emergency financial assistance is available to individual Canadians who are victims of specified serious violent crimes in a foreign jurisdiction for emergency situations of undue hardship where no other source of financial assistance is available. (The specified crimes are homicide, sexual assault, and aggravated assault or assault with serious personal violence, including against a child.) This emergency financial assistance is available through the Victims Fund, which is administered by the Department of Justice Policy Centre for Victim Issues (PCVI).

Who may apply for emergency financial assistance?

Any Canadian may apply to the Department of Justice for emergency financial assistance if he or she is:

the victim of a violent crime in a foreign jurisdiction;

a family member of a victim who is dead, ill or incapacitated due to their victimization in a foreign jurisdiction; or

in the case of a child, a parent or the person responsible for the care and support of the child.

Make an effort to learn about your country first. Then consider that many hardworking taxpayers in Canada, Sweden, wherever, do not wish to fund the "rescue" of such people. I sure as heck don't. Dig a little deeper and you'll find that this couple probably alienated their family and had all sorts of help and assistance offered on their spiral into the gutter. Sometimes it's best to let such people hit the bottom so that they seek change and help of their own free will.

That word is definately against the rules, it is a derogatory term against an individual/s

Strange story. They're lucky to be from Sweden; If they were Canadians, they would be left to rot by the Canadian embassy, no doubt.

If they are alcoholic they should seek treatment before coming back in the land of sins.

P.

Yes I have to agree about being Canadians and being left to rot by our corrupt Canadian Government, who pretends that we don't exist.

The only difference between the two Swedish homeless and many of those proud brave posters is the money. Many of you, rich alcoholic, with your daily 10 or more beers and your fast fingers on the keyboard, and 2 poor guys alcoholic too, but without one (3) baht.

& for those of us that don't drink?

So like so many others, you have a run in with half a dozen people from a particular culture, so you then write off millions of others from that culture.......surely they must all be the same, this news report only confirms that idea :)

sorry but i dont remember ever saying that i wrote off anyone except the dead beats that i had to have removed. fyi the manager after that was a swede. The point i was making with my post was the fact that once people get lost in a bottle or other substances they are best served by not being treated as poor tourist but by being held accountable for their actions.

Uh, I never drink beer if I have any option (rather drink water)...shouldn't you feel ashamed of your stereotyping instead? There is a word for it when it comes to race, slightly different one when it comes to other groups of people being painted with it... either way, I am sure we can find a label for you too.

my point is the lack of compassion being expressed by so many here, people are so arrogant, they never think this could happen to them...

Nice to find someone that I agree with, you took the words out of my heart, stink can hit the fan at any time and one can lose it, we should reach out, not kick, when one is down, a bunch of heart-less people out there.

You make a good point and I agree with both of you. However, that's always part of the "fun???" of reading this forum. I often see a post like this one, then wait for all the kill them, hang them, scum bag, they are guilty and deserve it, kick them out type comments to come out before all the facts are known. The rabidness and vilification by some of our "good" forum members, never cease to amaze me by their creativeness and willingness to pull people down, without, as I have said, knowing all the facts. lol. Do all these posters even live here? It's just as well, that the many good and helpful posts on Thaivisa, still outweigh the bad ones. Merry Christmas? Not for many I fear.

I always understood if you went to the airport with your overstay and paid on the way out the worse that happens was a 20k baht fine, but if your arrested by the cops and face court over it, I thought it meant more.

Obviously their embassy now organises for them to be sent back home and they will have to repay their country somehow......I don't think they will be back in a hurry.

If immigration arrests you, you normaly will just have to pay the normal overstay fine. But now they can and will hold you in the immigration jail till you have paid the fine and have a ticket out of the country.

Believe the judge can order you to pay a stiffer fine.

Thankyou sir. It would seem that their deportation may be years away then, perhaps they may rot inside the thai immigration cells in the mean time. i wonder as they are a married couple, if they get to rot away together or in seperate areas of the prison?

Doyou really think being held in custody in Thailand would be so comfortable that a man n wife could sleep together?In a cell at a police station you dont get a pillow or blanket