Buying A New House On Samui

"Along with my Thai partner (not married) i am buying a property on Samui. Its on a private estate ( no rubbish , no thro traffic, no dogs singing all night) we are getting a 2 b/r. a/c. house (probably extent) with pool & sala. Building to our spec by company's archetect under German construction manager and German electrial supervisor. Land cost one million and in partners name so will be chanote.600 sq mtrs., all infrastructure included with concrete road. House in my name. 3 years interest free loan. "

I think most people are just saying beware - There is a German Company advertising that it is OK for foreigners to own land in Thailand as seen on BBC , CNN etc . This is false , so what else can you believe .

Ask your lawyer to check the court cases in samui - be extra careful /

Thanks Churchill, i really appreciate any sensible advice etc., but have nothing for disrespect and disgust for those idiots who are just "loosers" themselves and expect everyone else to be likewise. They just don't seem able to understand that all Thai ladies are not uneducated farm girls just out to rip them off, because it appears, that is what happened to them !

The OP still has not posted any details about how he intends to get the "House in my name." registered at the local Land Office. If he provided details, then the idiots and losers would go away. But then again, he may think it's none of our business -- ok -- but why brag about it on ThaiVisa Forum in the first place. If the OP was looking for comments, he got them.

As for sensible advise, secure land rights from your Thai partner and get your name on the house building permit.

Edited by InterestedObserver

"Along with my Thai partner (not married) i am buying a property on Samui. Its on a private estate ( no rubbish , no thro traffic, no dogs singing all night) we are getting a 2 b/r. a/c. house (probably extent) with pool & sala. Building to our spec by company's archetect under German construction manager and German electrial supervisor. Land cost one million and in partners name so will be chanote.600 sq mtrs., all infrastructure included with concrete road. House in my name. 3 years interest free loan. "

I think most people are just saying beware - There is a German Company advertising that it is OK for foreigners to own land in Thailand as seen on BBC , CNN etc . This is false , so what else can you believe .

Thanks Churchill, i really appreciate any sensible advice etc., but have nothing for disrespect and disgust for those idiots who are just "loosers" themselves and expect everyone else to be likewise. They just don't seem able to understand that all Thai ladies are not uneducated farm girls just out to rip them off, because it appears, that is what happened to them !

To the OP, just becuase people dont agree with you and they tell you what they think, this does not make them ' loosers '

Also i have seen where you said about your gf being from a ' wealthy southern family '. I know a few wealthy thai's ( no they are not my best friends ! ) But i know from them that for a farang to buy a wealthy thai a home would be a huge ' lose of face ' for the wealthy thai. There is no way a real weathly thai family would want a man not married to there daughter to buy a house for her. This would be a huge lose of face in there social circles. So i really dont think your gf is from a very wealthy family at all. You say about your gf and her sister one day being left money from the family. Have you seen there will and mortage payment on there home ? Just becuase people have a home and a car in thailand means nothing. I know of people who have a home a a few cars but are paying them off for years and years and might never pay them off fully. There for could be leaving a debt for there children. You say you have been to KOh samui for the last 6 years but it means nothing when you are coming for 1 month at a time. You need to live here first before you can claim to know anything about how people really live here. I have lived here full time for about 5 years and i still dont understand how some people live.

Anyway i have no doubt with you around buying houses for people your gfs family will be a real ' wealthy family ' soon after you and your gf have broke up and they can sell there home ..... o sorry i meant your home ! :D

I think you need to listen to what people are saying here. You need to spend more time in thailand and understand what goes on here before you buy a house for anyone. weather that be a ' wealthy souther girl ' or a ' buffalo farming issan girl '

P.S i think some of them buffalo farming girls make good money from the buffalos so please dont insult them to much. If she can get 10 or 20 buffalos there is good money in it.... just hope they dont get sick !!!! :)

My dear friend

I have lived and learnt the hard way...

A wise man learns from other as a fool learns form his own mistakes.

Please when you and your loving lady get over all the building and work you may just find that the locks Have been changed and another man now sits where you once sat. He may be a Thai boyfriend in my friends case it was 2 years a house completed and a Thai police man was sat there she was the Mere Noi when he was back from Nong Khai from the visa run.

You n have no redress you are in a cruel hard land of survivours and smiles you are a loaded fish for the catch, and all the laws are against you.

Yes she will make you feel good and Thais are professionals at the Land of smiles and you will be picked clean, however do not disapear they are good people at heart and when you are alone in Samui with nothing and all sold back home they will help you with food and will give you support and pitty.

You have been warned

I have just written about my last encounter oh yes even those that think they are wise are taken in.

We are coming from a completely different world to them we have every thing free that they work all there lives for

Oh learn Thai you will see what i mean the best thing i ever did but dont let then know as they will talk Loas

Asia is a dangerous place for a man with money and you will seldom make on.

Good Luck and sorry if you dont like what has been said but if it helps one more of us stupid falang it is worth it

What a strange thread!

Someone starts it off by saying 'I've bought a house' then other people jump on him 'oh no you haven't' ...'oh yes i have!' then others arrive, defending him and attacking the attackers.....seeing as it's pantomime season i wonder if there'll be a happy ending and a song?

now where's that pesky villain?......'BEHIND YOU!'

Yes ..... this thread has run off the rails !!

Anyway .... what's the OP's question ?

I'm not a big fan of Samui , but if he provides me the air ticket and accomodation I will come down ....

just let us know when and where the house warming is .... :)

cheers !

You dont need to warm up a house in Thailand the weather is warm enough :D:D:D

• 1 year later...

If you are going to have the house and land in your girlfriends name make sure your lawyer draws up a 30 +30 year lease in your name for the property in other words you are leasing the property from your girlfriend for that period of time so if she does leave you at least you still have the property I am telling you from experience BEWARE no money no honey