Entry Requirements Into Thailand If On Uk Sex Offenders Register

d2jlr

This is a bit delicate. I wish to travel with my friend to Thailand but he previously "mooned" in a public place in the last week and was placed on the UK sex offenders register (so beware all you party people who think its a laugh......so did he!!!!!).

Does anyone know if he will be allowed into the country as we believe via the UK police that the Thai authorities are informed prior to travel.

We have been unable to speak with the Thai Embassy in UK and are scared if we travel and he is deported on arrival!!!!!

Any information would be welcome.

The embassy is the only one who can verify this

How in the world would anyone on this board know the answer?

Even in 99% of the board stated to your friend, no problem and he came, he could still get departed by the powers to be

You need to be clear with the Thai Embassy 1st and get a letter stating so

People do not realize what they Do in Fun, can have serious consequences. I got to a popular Pub where i live , Its always full on a Saturday night, The Toilets are always full , The Mens Empty pretty quickly compared with the Womens toilets,The thing is they are side by side , The Women tend to go in the mens while they men are having a pee, The Women think its funny , just a laugh , They do not realize they could be put on the sex offenders list , just for having a laugh. I tryed one night to explain this but all i got was, you are just a kill joy, So now I just keep quite and wait for some one to complain to the manager.I find it offensive is it just me.

I would have thought you would have been done for public offence rather than put on the sex offenders list for just mooning.

Edited by Thongkorn

Not everything is fun just because you think it's fun! This kind of stupid behaviour would get you into a lot of trouble in Thailand too, I'm happy to say. So even if you are allowed entry I strongly suggest that you do some reading about the dos and donts in Thailand, so you can understand what may be considered offensive and why sometimes you see people getting beaten senseless in the street by a bunch of Thai bouncers when all they did was "having fun".

I say "you" but I mean "your friend", of course...

This is a bit delicate. I wish to travel with my friend to Thailand but he previously "mooned" in a public place in the last week and was placed on the UK sex offenders register (so beware all you party people who think its a laugh......so did he!!!!!

I reason if he is caught he will be dumped into the Clink, has not UK and Thai a resiplical agreement now that quarrantees this freeflow of information.

just as well if so it has been needed for a long time.

happy Xmas everyone.

getting a visa is never a guarantee you will be allowed to enter Thailand. The visa is only a permission to travel to Thailand. Permission to enter is something else and up to the immigration officer.

They can definitely deny entry and will do so if they deem someone a public risk. The question is if Thai immirgation would know about it. If they know, there is a good chance they will deny entry.

Edit: just ask a lawyer if the UK will indeed inform the Thai government if he wishes to travel.

This is a bit delicate. I wish to travel with my friend to Thailand but he previously "mooned" in a public place in the last week and was placed on the UK sex offenders register (so beware all you party people who think its a laugh......so did he!!!!!

I reason if he is caught he will be dumped into the Clink, has not UK and Thai a resiplical agreement now that quarrantees this freeflow of information.

just as well if so it has been needed for a long time.

happy Xmas everyone.

Am I pissed or is it you?

how on earth does mooning constitute a sexual offence? devalues the whole sexual offenders act

This kind of Political correctness is a good reason to not want to live in the UK anymore. I always used to think the UK was a place where common sense prevailed but alas not anymore. I agree it was a stupid thing for the guy to do , but to classify this offence alongside rapists and paedophiles and wreck this poor guys life by being on the sex offenders register, absolute nonsense. UK take your political correctness and shove it up your big fat parsons nose!!! Merry Christmas everybody!

Mooning is bending over and exposing your arse in public. It is commonly done by drunken youths in passing cars. I remember reading that the UK bans certain sex offenders from leaving their country. I would imagine they are smart enough to tell the difference between a prankster and a real criminal.

BTW, in the US there are many people on the reportable sex offenders list for the horrible crime of urinating in public. I had an old friend who actually spent a month in jail for that. Such people are stigmatized for life and put in the same boat as real criminals. It is basically insane.

Not everything is fun just because you think it's fun! This kind of stupid behaviour would get you into a lot of trouble in Thailand too, I'm happy to say. So even if you are allowed entry I strongly suggest that you do some reading about the dos and donts in Thailand, so you can understand what may be considered offensive and why sometimes you see people getting beaten senseless in the street by a bunch of Thai bouncers when all they did was "having fun".

Jeez! Welcome to Thailand. Don't worry, we're not all so aloof.

how on earth does mooning constitute a sexual offence? devalues the whole sexual offenders act

This kind of Political correctness is a good reason to not want to live in the UK anymore. I always used to think the UK was a place where common sense prevailed but alas not anymore. I agree it was a stupid thing for the guy to do , but to classify this offence alongside rapists and paedophiles and wreck this poor guys life by being on the sex offenders register, absolute nonsense. UK take your political correctness and shove it up your big fat parsons nose!!! Merry Christmas everybody!

If he mooned at a woman the pc brigade will jump down your/his throat.If you/he mooned here maybe he wil get shot,beaten to a pulp or castrated on the streets

Mooning is bending over and exposing your arse in public. It is commonly done by drunken youths in passing cars. I remember reading that the UK bans certain sex offenders from leaving their country. I would imagine they are smart enough to tell the difference between a prankster and a real criminal.

BTW, in the US there are many people on the reportable sex offenders list for the horrible crime of urinating in public. I had an old friend who actually spent a month in jail for that. Such people are stigmatized for life and put in the same boat as real criminals. It is basically insane.

interesting, so here is another interesting factoid as steve wright would put it;

in england (?the uk) it is still technically legal for a man to have a piss (aka urinating) in the street / road provided he places his hand (right one i think but not sure) on the car and pee's on the wheel.

how would that clash with the sex offenders act then?

Are you really serious?

And for that you will be declared a sex offender??????

I can only conclude that the politico's and police are so keen on putting people on lists, just to cover up the fact that most real crimes cannot be solved.

Now they have something to cover up that fact.

Edited by hansnl

In the US, each state has different laws. In some states, yes, a conviction for public pissing gets you on the same heinous list as a serial rapist or molester.

And in Oregon there are cities allowing walking/bicycling the streets naked as long as you "are not attempting to create sexual arousal in those around you". Very, very strange world we live in now.

Wow. Mooning gets you on the 'Sex offenders register'!! PC gone mad in UK yet again!

Myself and at least 50 of my best friends would be on that list now for 'mooning'. On a rugby tour in UK the coach (bus) was stuck in slow moving traffic. Bored - we disrobed, vacated the coach and dived through a carwash that happened to be there, then mooned the passing vehicles. All we got was a round of applause from the queue of cars, especially a bus full of old ladies!

My current, although svelte-like, :) figure might not attract the same applause though.

Jeez! Welcome to Thailand. Don't worry, we're not all so aloof.

Not aloof, just bored to death by the behavior of some drunken revellers whose idea of fun is, for instance, to strip naked on the stage of a gogo bar, or to get as loud as they can to attract attention to themselves, or to do other imaginative things like trying to sell a national flag to other punters (a recent story with a bad ending). These people can sometimes seriously p* off the Thais too, so my post was also a warning, as I imagine that people who think it's fun to show their arse may also like to try other kinds of pranks or stunts that could get them into trouble.

Now if you ask me, if I want to see naked butts I'd rather go to the Baccara rather than happen upon "mooners", especially if it's a whole rugby team, but that doesn't mean they should be considered as sex offenders.

Whats wrong with you people, nobody wants to see your hairy arse, irregardless if its from the window of a moving car or elsewise.

People like this should receive a reaming with a base ball bat with rusty nails protruding from it. Seriously, young children or old ladies might see that :)

Whats wrong with you people, nobody wants to see your hairy arse, irregardless if its from the window of a moving car or elsewise.

People like this should receive a reaming with a base ball bat with rusty nails protruding from it. Seriously, young children or old ladies might see that :)

How do you know it was hairy? Also, speak for yourself.

Search Google for Oregon-law-nudity. The school children already see these perverts LEGALLY walking naked around them as they get out of school!

Search Google for Oregon-law-nudity. The school children already see these perverts LEGALLY walking naked around them as they get out of school!

What's perverted about a naked body? Underneath our clothes we all have one. You Americans have, as you would say, some serious issues when it comes to nakedness don't you?

I would be surprised if "your friend" is on the SO Reg for mooning in public.

He needs to contact UK Probation officer / Police, they must be notified of his intention of travel. I believe police need to be notified if away from your permanent address for more than a few days or 5 in the whole year.

Conditions of the SOR are written on the paper he signed at the police station and must be taken seriously.

Your "friend" should be more concerned about the UK, there would be serious consequences for failure to comply.

What's perverted about a naked body? Underneath our clothes we all have one. You Americans have, as you would say, some serious issues when it comes to nakedness don't you?

Considered perverted or not isn't my point. It is the total unrighteousness of the law in the USA that in one state you get on a sex-offenders list for life for relieving yourself in public or showing any nakedness, but in a different state it is OK to walk naked around school children.

And I hope it's OK with you if we can have differing opinions on what is "perverted"? In the USA having photos of naked children in possession is still "go straight to jail" or "lose your children to the state." So if you like, cross some of those laws and "perverted" or not, there is still a penalty to come. Not wise.

People like this should receive a reaming with a base ball bat with rusty nails protruding from it. Seriously, young children or old ladies might see that :D

How do you know it was hairy? Also, speak for yourself.

I did speak for myself :) . I figured that the butt was hairy because its clear the guy was an animal. :D