Pattaya Takeover By Russians

andyww

Sitting in a coffee shop in Central Festival while her indoors buys shoes, handbags etc.

Masses of Russians, couples and families, who seem to be spending copiously in the shops and restaurants. They are everywhere in huge numbers.

What struck me was how well turned-out and polite they are in general. A credit to their country. Unlike some other Farangs who wander around with lard-bucket bodies and sometimes no shirts (which should be an arrestable offence). Some of the Russian girls are stunning. A nice addition to the ethnic mix.

Considering the proximity of this mall to the beach, this is quite impressive. Pattaya is I guess the equivalent of somewhere like Tenerife to the British. What a contrast to the horrific sights you see there, with mounds of flesh all over the place.

I have not come into contact much with Russians in the bars though. Heard that they dont spend much on drinks or other bar-related services.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of them spend a hel_l for drinks in the 7/11"s and wandering around with their Chang bottle.

To be honest, I never got in touch with them. I much prefer prefer the pre Glasnost Pattaya though.

Happy New Year

OP writes about the Russians:

"how well turned-out and polite they are in general"

you must be joking?!

They are impolite, uncouth, treating other nationalities as invisible and inferior.

Most of the russians are cheaply attired and ask the Thai's what they think about them and most will say they dislike them for their unpleasant manners, impoliteness and meanness.

Watching the parade on Walking Street, it amazes me to see the Russian couples, the girls normally are dressed for the nightclub, skimpy trendy clothes and well turned out.

The GUYS, what a joke, the cheapest pair of beach shorts, singlet and flip flops, two days of growth on their face, walking hand and hand with them

you must be joking?!

They are impolite, uncouth, treating other nationalities as invisible and inferior.

Most of the russians are cheaply attired and ask the Thai's what they think about them and most will say they dislike them for their unpleasant manners, impoliteness and meanness.

Sounds just like us Brits then, minus the naked torsos and stupid propensity for fighting when drunk.

Edited by SantiSuk

you must be joking?!

I've been brushing with Russians over the past several years in Pattaya and I'll have to agree with what you've said here. I've never seen an ounce of common courtesy from any of them and if you don't stand your ground they'll literally shove you out of the way. In the markets they push past my short gf like she's invisible.

The GUYS, what a joke, the cheapest pair of beach shorts, singlet and flip flops

Ha ha - well at least they bring a touch of colour to Pattaya - I never thought lime green and orange could be worn in the same outfit.

But have you ever waited for a "thank you" from a Russian after politely holding a door open ? ....................long wait. :)

you must be joking?!

-------------------------------

Right on the spot.... keep out of their way. Russians have never been any good news to anyone in this world.

New money in Russia, all kind of lowlife comes to life and begin to travel. watch out!!

Glegolo

Well it should thin out the Indians, Arabs and Africans a bit. Russians are not known for tolerence towards the...well they are not known for their tolerence.

Zdrastuveetee!

I happily agree with the beginning of the sentence, but this..

" .....Russians are not known for tolerence towards the...well they are not known for their tolerence."

Which school did you go to, any other mental problems, or only this anti-russian-phobia?

Dasvidaniya!

:)

Just a gentle reminder here:

Rule number 7

Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody :)

I'd add most I've encountered were intelligent and skilled,

In my interactions I've found them hard working and good spirited and impossible to beat at chess,

they also can drink me under the table, (females included), :)

cool people bad people in all walks of life.

Russians are no different, I find there attitude on things quite refreshing espically by not tolerating/conformimg to wasting time on BS .

Serbians Latvians whatever, eastern block in general gain there friendship you have a true friend for life.

Im my experience anyhow.

The GUYS, what a joke, the cheapest pair of beach shorts, singlet and flip flops

Ha ha - well at least they bring a touch of colour to Pattaya - I never thought lime green and orange could be worn in the same outfit.

But have you ever waited for a "thank you" from a Russian after politely holding a door open ? ....................long wait. :)

I think every nation can produce plenty of individuals in that category. Ignorance and lack of manners know no boundaries. :D

you must be joking?!

I've been brushing with Russians over the past several years in Pattaya and I'll have to agree with what you've said here. I've never seen an ounce of common courtesy from any of them and if you don't stand your ground they'll literally shove you out of the way. In the markets they push past my short gf like she's invisible.

Just about sums up my experience over the years, both in and out of business. I've heard horror stories from fellow landlords about renting property to them; total disrespect for the property and a nightmare to deal with. In business, most of my bad customers over the years have been Russians.

Russians are culturally different, but lets face it, a lot of them are flush with cash (literally) and that insures their continued welcome wagon.

Any new nationality in town brings its compensations. Russians too.

-- more borscht, more pelmini, more caviar pancakes, more VODKA

-- the young women dress in fantastic flash fasions

-- the young men are often very studly (gay appeal) so who cares if they dress crappy?

-- riding a baht bus, cheaper than a trip to Moscow, Da Da Da

I have no issues with them, but then some of my blood is of Russian decent.

But some here would have us believe that there's nothing decent about Russians....

Nice to see people spending money and having a good time regardless of race and creed IMHO. Pattaya needs a quantum shift in the visiting demographic so the bigoted can pack up and say buh-bye as it's change for the good.

I guess some of the older 'cold war' aficionados just have to hold on to that 'pre glasnost' Russian stereotype to keep their own, small-minded world firmly centered.

Happy New Year to all anyway.

Edited by NanLaew

Just a gentle reminder here:

Rule number 7

Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody :)

Happy new year Rimmer...

If this thread doesn't break rule number 7 then what does!!!

we are watching this thread closely. There were some borderlining posts I let stand, but just because some nations have some rough characters, it doesn't mean they're all bad. Please keep it civil.

in my Opinion, there are "different" kind of Russians here in Pattaya

- many normal Tourists with some Cash to go shopping, and not spending their Money in Bars ( good for 7-11, Supermarkets ),

as they prefer to drink in their Rooms with fellow Russians

- some clever Russians doing some quite good Business here ( see in Big C "silver.ru" has improoved very, very well )

- there are "some" third Kind, regarding this Article from the Bangkok Post

http://bwww.bangkokpost.com/news/investiga...street-of-shame

- and there is a" last" Kind of Russians, you will never see in common Places, guess who :-)

I had russian GF for 3 Years - unbelieveable great Time, but she tried to force me into Marriage - no Chance with me :-)

and I have been several Times to Russia - never saw so many drinking People ( yound and old, male and female ) in Parks,

Streets and Venues - and also never saw so much beautifull Girls around me

Russia had a great History and Culture, till Stalin whipped out the High Society - since that Time, Russian struggles with political Problems

first of all, we - or they - have a "Communication Problem" :-)

just try to approach with a simple "privet" or "kakdela" (means like greetings, welcome, how are you...), they will respond politely

Russians might be cold or unpolite in the first Moment, but once they are drunken, you will have an incredible Time with them,

till you are knocked out by the Amount of Alcohol, they consmue without appearing being affected....

my "over all" Comment: any Society and Culture has it good and its bad Sides