Firework Madness

gharknes

while out last night I couldn't help thinking how stupid a lot of people where behaving with these potentially lethal devices, I personally know of 4 people that where injured by one of the rockets falling over and firing straight into a bar filled with people, one of the injuries was very serious and the young Thai girl remains in hospital with a neck injury, this girl almost lost her life, the hospital ER was inudated with various injuries, what is it that drives resposible adults to turn into stupid fools and spoil it for everyone...............................unbelievable

It's a case of these people having no common sense and regard for safety to other members of the public together with no policing the use of fireworks with safety.

If the police don't care about safety then it becomes a free for all at this time of year, when it should be a time for enjoyment and celebrations it becomes a time for danger!

Where did this firework incident happen?

We were all having a great time on walkingstreet, everyone happy, everyone smiling and laughing and partying.... until some idiot tatooed thai guy threw a bunch of 50 huge firecrackers into the street. I would say that approx 40-50 people were hit by sparks and ran for their lives.

After that everything was quiet, no laughing or smiling or partying.. just people looking scared watching for the next short minded fool to do the same.

Such a pitty

One of the biggest dangers are misfiring fireworks, for example a firework which has been lit but doesn't go off as expected. The people then go up close to insepct it and it blows up in their faces. I saw this happen twice on the beach, where a large skyrocket blew up on the ground. I'm not sure if there were any serious injuries, but I'm sure a few eardrums were damaged.

Edited by tropo

I agree that there are fools with fireworks in or near the bars. But, back here in the USA for the Holidays, the Latino neighbors sent up the normal rounds of fireworks accompanied by rounds from their guns. Yup, drunken fools do not seem to realize that the bullets have to fall back to earth sometime and somewhere......luckily, it was not the house we are in. It is an annual occurence, firing guns into the air. Guess it happens elsewhere, but surely is not what I like seeing neighbors doing.

as a follow-up to fools with fireworks and shooting guns into the air...........the evening-news here just reported that a 4 year-old boy was killed by a falling bullet as it came through the roof of the church where he and his family were attending a New Year vigil at the church. He died sitting next to his momma at the dawn of the New Year............fools and their celebrating cost him his life.

Access to fireworks by the public has been banned in Australia for many years now.

The laws were changed because of the massive numbers of serious injuries that occurred

to children every year around the time we celebrated Guy Fawkes or Bonfire night.

As much as I enjoyed fireworks as a child, I think it was a very wise move by the government.

You can still see fireworks displays, but in my book, you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.

Fireworks were something marvellous and unique in the days before the electronic age,

but I think they have become an anachronism. They are a horrible waste of public money that

could be better spent on more worthy causes.

The Thai government would do well to make a similar ban on the sale of fireworks to the public.

Unfortunately banning other dangerous products would not be so easy. e.g. motorcyles

Access to fireworks by the public has been banned in Australia for many years now.

The laws were changed because of the massive numbers of serious injuries that occurred

to children every year around the time we celebrated Guy Fawkes or Bonfire night.

As much as I enjoyed fireworks as a child, I think it was a very wise move by the government.

You can still see fireworks displays, but in my book, you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.

Fireworks were something marvellous and unique in the days before the electronic age,

but I think they have become an anachronism. They are a horrible waste of public money that

could be better spent on more worthy causes.

The Thai government would do well to make a similar ban on the sale of fireworks to the public.

Unfortunately banning other dangerous products would not be so easy. e.g. motorcyles

...Or police.....

Some asshol_e in Jomtien has been leaving off fireworks until about 3am every night over the "festive" period. It does'nt matter that people are trying to sleep or as already mentioned frightening the poor dogs to death. :)

that is the main reason why I do not go into Pattaya on New Years. Too many drunk idiots around and you never know if you'll be the next victim of an "incoming".

The other main annoyance over New Years is that colour spray. Its excessive usage makes it hard to catch air in narrow sois.

that is the main reason why I do not go into Pattaya on New Years. Too many drunk idiots around and you never know if you'll be the next victim of an "incoming".

The other main annoyance over New Years is that colour spray. Its excessive usage makes it hard to catch air in narrow sois.

That was happening on Walking Street as well. I saw a lot of people gasping for air when they were attacked by P*ssed up idiots with that stuff. It was my first Walking Street New year in 7 years, and whilst it was fascinating, I think my former policy of avoidance is best.